PDA

View Full Version : Misano Red question (again)

fossil
June 14th, 2003, 10:04
Hi Folks,
Because I cannot view a misano red Audi, I am still having trouble getting an idea of the colour even though many have said how great it looks....Erik and other folk...could misano be called a reddish orange....my trouble is I have been looking at pictures of misano red Audis on my laptop, and lately it seems to have an orange tint....as you know laptops are hard to get a correct colour on because even when you get the colour right it depends on which angle you view the screen from.
Still have time to change my colour ...I want misano red in preference to the other colours, but not so sure if it is too orangish....Below is my idea what Misano Red looks like.....any comparisons would be good
Thanks
foss:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

fossil
June 14th, 2003, 10:08
My mock up

Erik
June 14th, 2003, 10:11
"reddish orange"...eh no!

I think a picture like this may fool you, since the sun is going up and is reflected in the paint.
http://www.rs6.com/gfx/articles/008b-l.jpg
and perhaps the red on your screen is bad (usually is.)

It's more like deep deep red, but with like a 3D effect when you look from some angles. (I guess all RS color are).

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6COM/MS-Red-RS6-5.jpg

Your mock up looks good on my computer. :addict:

Speedracer
June 14th, 2003, 11:47
[i]
Your mock up looks good on my computer. :addict: [/B]

Looks very orange on my laptop

Snow
June 14th, 2003, 16:20
Erik, the difference is huge between the two pictures you linked. The second one looks a lot nicer! But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't give a damn if I sat in it! :p

Edit: Maybe it looks more aggressive beacuse of the dark reflections (?) in the windows.

Edit 2: Which leads me into another question: Are any of you RS 6 owners going to put sun-film (professional that is) on your windows?

(Erik, feel free to move this into a another thread if you don't think it fitts here or tell me to create a new thread for the last question.)

jconley
June 14th, 2003, 21:12
I will definitely tint my windows (i am assuming that is what you mean by sun film) In florida it is a requirement due to our summers.

J

Snow
June 15th, 2003, 15:27
Hi hi... Yeah, that's what I ment. I'm from Sweden you know... :p

But is it just because of the heat or also beacuse of the look?

Reason for my questions is that I see a dark blue S6 outside the gym I go to and it has tinted windows and it looks really exclusive and "stealthy". It seems like an easy and relatively non-expensive way to enhance the look of the RS 6. :cool2:

Cheers!

Erik
June 24th, 2003, 17:22
fossil, this is the best I can come up with regarding a misano red saloon.

Erik
June 24th, 2003, 17:22
and this