PDA

View Full Version : DRC Repair Followup

What'sNext
December 4th, 2007, 16:51
I have searched on the DRC issues and read most if not all. It seems that after many of the repairs the suspension was not quite the same for some. However in many of the cases I was not able to find any posts on the final outcome.

I would like to know for those who have had their DRC replaced were you satisfied with the end result and able to get the issues worked out or did you just finally have to accept it not being the same? Thanks.

Hy Octane
December 4th, 2007, 17:50
Speaking for myself, after 3 replacements and a slew of technical correspondence, I finally had to have Audi send their top tech to SoCal here to do my system properly. While he did perform the repairs properly, the car is not as firm as it was from the factory.I had to install H-Sport swaybars to try and remove the roll and pitch that wasnt there originally. I dont think I have heard anyone say that post repair is as firm as pre.. We speculate that this is due to either Audi altering the shocks to ride softer for US roads, or simply that the equipment used here to redo the system just isnt as good as those at Gmbh. Since Audi dosent comment on redesigned parts, we are left to guess. If you are going to have yours redone, the best you can do is to demand they check the system pressure after they finish and if its lower than 12 bar, they havent done it properly. System should run between 12 and 16 bar. Good Luck..

LIRS6
December 4th, 2007, 18:34
I had 2 attempts - the first was done w/o replacing the central valves :nono: , the 2nd was done with the valves replaced but the pressure was poor and I gave up on Audi's general incompetence and lack of concern, and went aftermarket.

Aronis
December 4th, 2007, 21:42
Over a three month period, two different shops, three sets of Central Valve, 6 shocks, lots of driving....lots of calls.....

Been stable since last spring....but never as firm as new....acceptable but not 100%.

Got compensated by a payback of two months lease payments which I used to buy an extended warrantee...

Just got the Title to my car today in the mail....mine now...

Mike

What'sNext
December 5th, 2007, 14:20
Thanks much for the responses. That is what I expected. I am looking at a complete replacement and although I am covered under an extended warranty I am considering the Bilstein replacement. The saved money is just not worth the future aggravation.

fredb
January 20th, 2008, 13:42
i had 2 replacements, the valves were replaced each times, and audi tecs from the factory made the job after strong demands. And my car was as firm as when it was new. I say "was" because i destroyed it wednesday night....:bigeyes:

BLITZEN
January 20th, 2008, 17:50
I say "was" because i destroyed it wednesday night....:bigeyes:

SAY WHAT?! What happened? Were any humans "destroyed"? Is the car being repaired? Or sold for parts? (Maybe start a new thread since this is off topic)

fredb
January 20th, 2008, 18:20
SAY WHAT?! What happened? Were any humans "destroyed"? Is the car being repaired? Or sold for parts? (Maybe start a new thread since this is off topic)

I entered sleep mode before arrival at home.:looking: I was alone in my car and haven't been hurt. Thanks to Audi engineers. The car is totally destroyed and unrepairable. No mechanical parts unhurt on the car:bigeyes: !!

Boosted-Bora
January 20th, 2008, 18:32
sorry to be a bit off topic but if your car is getting considerable body roll and feels sluggish then that means the DRC is probably going correct? Cause when I checked there is no leaks at all how else could it be going bad?

JP4
January 21st, 2008, 02:29
If you are going to have yours redone, the best you can do is to demand they check the system pressure after they finish and if its lower than 12 bar, they havent done it properly. System should run between 12 and 16 bar. Good Luck..

After some persistence I was successful in getting my DRC back to what I consider "like new". But I was told by the service technician that they were not trained or given any way to check the system pressure. Can you explain how this is actually done and the special equipment that might be involved. :mech: :stick:

Thanks in advance!

JP4

JP4
January 21st, 2008, 02:55
I entered sleep mode before arrival at home.:looking: I was alone in my car and haven't been hurt. Thanks to Audi engineers. The car is totally destroyed and unrepairable. No mechanical parts unhurt on the car:bigeyes: !!

WOW :bigeyes: Glad you're OK. Sorry about the car though. Is there any chance of recovering the ECU and TCU from your car? If there is I would be interested in getting them from you.

JP4

Barry
January 23rd, 2008, 22:30
Just had DRC replaced under warranty 4 Shocks + 2 Accumulators - All OK carried out at UK Dealer who had previos exerience in same.

Barry - Daytona Avant

s42ski
January 24th, 2008, 03:39
Add my story ( latest version). I have three new shocks going in currently, the fourth was replaced a short while ago by itself and no matter how I pleaded with the service manager they only did that one. Guess what happened next. The opposite shock blew ( probably during the Julian drive).

Car is at 45k miles and goes out of factory warranty in March. Then we play with the CPO warranty.

vec110
January 25th, 2008, 22:56
I had mine replaced and it started to act up on me about 1 month later. come to find out he only replaced both rears...after all the reading i did on this site i asked him if that was the correct way to fix this problem as they are connected diag with the fronts and he had no reply just assured me it was done properly. after four more trips to have them ride with me and FIX the problem as it was getting worse...i traded the car in! I will await the new RS6. I bought mine cert preowned and only owned the car for about 9 months...when the new one comes out i will be purchasing it new or at most one year old!:noshake:

JCT2033
March 6th, 2008, 22:30
Add my story ( latest version). I have three new shocks going in currently, the fourth was replaced a short while ago by itself and no matter how I pleaded with the service manager they only did that one. Guess what happened next. The opposite shock blew ( probably during the Julian drive).

Car is at 45k miles and goes out of factory warranty in March. Then we play with the CPO warranty.

I had the same problem with the dealer which certified and sold me the RS6. They would only replace one (1) shock after I visited them four (4) times for the same DRC problem. I decided to try other audi dealers before it's too late. I went to West Covina Audi who happens has a tech that has numerous experience on RS6. After test-drove the car, the first thing he told me was that he will replace the whole DRC system. Since then, the car runs great.