PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my RS4... what next?

MR USER
December 2nd, 2007, 20:32
I got my rs4 in april 2006... it now has 55k km on the clock ant it's been a fantastic car despite the few problems I had (all nicely fixed without paying any money. Good service from my dealer).

I'ts been suc a fantastic car that I'm thinking replacing it with another... RS4.

Actually I cannot think of any better car at the moment.

I'm not sure it the right thing to do but I am not sure either how many more Km I can do with it...

If a revised version of it (RS4+ or something like that) would be out soon I would have no doubt... but the fact that i'm not getting much for my old one and there is nothing "new" to the current RS4 on sale is putting me a bit off.

On the other hand if I can run it till 100k km and the current RS4 will no longer be on sale (probably the new one will not be on the market either) what will I change it with?

I really do not konw what to do!!! the R8 does not have 5 seats and a boot... the RS6 is a bit too much... the RS5 is just and idea.... but far away

The new M3 is probably a decent car... but I am not even thinking of it... it's a BMW puke:

The new nissan gtr could be a good car... but is japanese :asian:

What would you do in my shoes??? How long do you think my car will last?

Erik
December 2nd, 2007, 20:38
C63 AMG is probably the best choice then.

Is it even possible to order the RS4 nowadays? Unless it's a convertible.

MR USER
December 2nd, 2007, 20:41
I wouls consider only the black series... but it's not 4WD... and is a merc.....

the cabrio is out of question... I rathor mount the pack rack on the R8 and load it with a materass than getting the RS4 cab!!!

RussianM3_dude
December 2nd, 2007, 20:42
.......C63 AMG, no question. Maybe try a Lexus IS-F if you can live with the looks. If it HAS to be AWD... get the new STI/EVO and put the rest of the money in your pocket.

Qisha
December 2nd, 2007, 20:47
Dear MR USER,

drive your RS4 until the 2nd Quarter 08 and then go for the new S4.

Qisha

El_cucaracha
December 2nd, 2007, 20:52
go for GTR, it has boot, it has 4 seats, it is faster than most of supercars, it has best gearbox in the world (bugattis gearbox is not included), it looks nice, and it is japanese what means it will last more than 150K km without a problem, it is nice everyday car, and after all it is the legendary GTR...

MR USER
December 2nd, 2007, 20:53
that is an option.... quisha... and not a bad one at all! Did not think about that... on the other hadn the "WOW" factor might not be the same...

Leadfoot
December 2nd, 2007, 22:18
Dear MR USER,

Qisha

Qisha took the words out of my mouth. The S4 with Sports-diff will probably be very close in feel to the RS4, especially with the adaptive suspension and with it's supercharged engine it should feel pretty strong even in standard form.

KK265
December 2nd, 2007, 22:28
that is an option.... quisha... and not a bad one at all! Did not think about that... on the other hadn the "WOW" factor might not be the same...

Go for european version of GT-R!!!But you have to wait 2 years....

AndyBG
December 3rd, 2007, 00:30
Dear MR USER,

Qisha

Just what I was meant to say !

Drive your car, and be relaxed, nothing will happend to it for another 50 000 km.

B8 S4 will be great car, and you will enjoy it as well.

After it, you can go for B8 RS 4... and so on. :D

:cheers:

bober3
December 3rd, 2007, 02:51
the problem with japaneses cars is that it's cost less than german cars but it's more cheap (they can't egalise the interior and the exterior finition and quality of a pure german machine)

So if you want to stay in the same area I would take a c 63 or the new m3 sedan

RussianM3_dude
December 3rd, 2007, 08:23
People who saw the GTR say that the interior is very nice and a vast improvement over the older ones.

piero
December 3rd, 2007, 08:23
New M3......

I've had both....RS4 and M3 and must say i prefer RWD!!....much natural drive!...

Audihead
December 4th, 2007, 06:58
Nissan GT-R. I'm already contimplating it myself.

roadrunner
December 4th, 2007, 10:29
Hey MR USER :cheers:

I have to keep you in the Audi family :cheers: Audi B8 S4

But i think i can do it with a pure conscience:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112612#post112612

The S5 is a hell of a good drive, some think it is very close if not superior to B7 RS4 in some areas.

Now imagine the B8 S4, same new platform with the addition of adaptive suspension, quattro sport differential, a very promising engine and not to forget all the toys (MMI, adaptive crusie control,...)

With some nice wheels and the right colour the wow factor should be there as well.

After all - the RS4 is a wolf in a sheepskin rug as well.

Look forward to your decision ,whatever make it will be. :thumb:

Might be the first time at the Geneva Auto show in 2008 - and according to Quisa timeline they might show the S4 there. We will see.

Greetings
seb.

MR USER
December 5th, 2007, 09:22
I am considering several options... Yesterday I went to the nissan dealer. They do not have a clue... the only thing he had clear in mind is that I had to give him 10000 CHF for a preorder!!! I left with a big laugh! That is just nutts he was not able to give me a single usefull information but he had the guts to ask me for a deposit!!! 2 years before the car is released!!! Why in hell should I give him that kind of money??? Insane.

In any case... Audi has been really good with me so far and I will probably stick with them. I'll try to run my Rs for another 50k km to reach the 100 and will see from there...

The S5 is too heavy in my opinion... it does not feel as nimble and mean as the RS... may me in RS clothes will be different...

As for the S4... mmmmm Roadrunner you have a point!

As for the Geneva Show... why not organising to go together? A nice RS6 group. could be fun...

RussianM3_dude
December 5th, 2007, 10:48
A Saturday could be cool.

Fab
December 5th, 2007, 12:32
I am considering several options... Yesterday I went to the nissan dealer. They do not have a clue... the only thing he had clear in mind is that I had to give him 10000 CHF for a preorder!!! I left with a big laugh! That is just nutts he was not able to give me a single usefull information but he had the guts to ask me for a deposit!!! 2 years before the car is released!!! Why in hell should I give him that kind of money??? Insane.

In any case... Audi has been really good with me so far and I will probably stick with them. I'll try to run my Rs for another 50k km to reach the 100 and will see from there...

The S5 is too heavy in my opinion... it does not feel as nimble and mean as the RS... may me in RS clothes will be different...

As for the S4... mmmmm Roadrunner you have a point!

As for the Geneva Show... why not organising to go together? A nice RS6 group. could be fun... keep your RS4 for a little while is by far the best option and wait for RS5 or new RS4. Audi announced RS models much before on the production line...

If you would aks me I would also not find anything great currently to switch the RS4 to. M3 would be my closest choice but with sequential gear box only (which is not there yet anyway) or a Porsche C4S but Geneva wil probably shows the 997mkII with new FSi engines (so not the right think either...)

Stick to it my friend 50k km is nothing

Carl Lassiter
December 5th, 2007, 18:24
Keep it! B8 S4 would not be as much of a "wow" car and that 8,250 redline will cause you sleepless nights if you know it's not just a turn of the key away.

Fab
December 5th, 2007, 19:05
10'000 time with you on this

RS4 V8 rocks :rs4kiss: an when you taste it you can't get back to an S model no matter which one :nono:

roadrunner
December 5th, 2007, 22:37
Just for the record: of course the hint to the B8 S4 is ONLY ment IF you REALLY are READY to part from the ONE AND ONLY RS4 :hihi:

Benman
December 6th, 2007, 00:14
Nissan GT-R. I'm already contimplating it myself.

Aaron,

Wait till you see it in person at the Detroit Auto Show, it will be a done deal. So sweet in real life and the interior is much better than what it looks like in pics, I'd say on par with Porsche, but still far short of Audi.

MR USER,

I'd have to say GT-R or Qisha's idea. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

MR USER
December 12th, 2007, 22:22
thanks for all tour support, I will keep it for for some more time then I will see. Even if I'm tempted by the rs6...

By the way... This is my first post with a brand new iPhone !!! I love it!

AndyBG
December 12th, 2007, 23:18
thanks for all tour support, I will keep it for for some more time then I will see. Even if I'm tempted by the rs6...

So, its actually working (iPhone) :hihi: joke ! :cheers:

My proposal about S4 was just as a ''bridge'' solution until B8 RS 4 arrives, then... you take that, of course ! :revs:

Leadfoot
December 12th, 2007, 23:27
I think a lot of people will be surprised as to how good the S4 will be and future S5 when they both receive the Torque-vectoring diff and adaptive suspension.

Might not be a RS4 but it won't be that far away and with a little tweak to the engine the performance won't be too far off either.

Damienr8
December 12th, 2007, 23:49
Leadie you should definitely think about the B8 S4. Also I will gladly take the Rs4 off your hands. I offer you $4 bucks, some hersheys dark chocolate and this furry bunny i found. I think its a good deal LOL :)

Benman
December 13th, 2007, 00:08

Sorry to go OT but my father also loves his and emails constantly with it... me, I'm waiting till it is available via different carrier.

Leadfoot
December 13th, 2007, 10:22
Leadie you should definitely think about the B8 S4. Also I will gladly take the Rs4 off your hands. I offer you $4 bucks, some hersheys dark chocolate and this furry bunny i found. I think its a good deal LOL :)

You must be confused, I am getting a S5 very soon and I'm not driving a RS4.

I was looking a S4 in the summer but at the time I needed to know availability there was no word on the S4 so I ordered an M3 until the RS5 becomes available.

Leadfoot
December 13th, 2007, 10:32
Sorry to go OT but my father also loves his and emails constantly with it... me, I'm waiting till it is available via different carrier.

Ben, funny you should bring up the i-Phone but I was in the O2 shop the other day and happened to have a discussion with the manager about how the i-Phone was selling (O2 are the sole network in the UK to offer the phone) and his look was priceless, he said the phone isn't selling at all though Apple wouldn't give that impression.

Compared to the rest the i-Phone is lacking lots of features, no 3G, video, basic camera etc.

Personally I think they need a Mk2 out soon.

rubyblack
December 13th, 2007, 11:16
You must be confused, I am getting a S5 very soon and I'm not driving a RS4.

I was looking a S4 in the summer but at the time I needed to know availability there was no word on the S4 so I ordered an M3 until the RS5 becomes available.

So lets recap.....you ARE getting an S5? You HAVE ordered an M3? You intend to get an RS5 when it shows up????? Wow!!!!! :jlol: :wo:

Leadfoot
December 13th, 2007, 12:06
So lets recap.....you ARE getting an S5? You HAVE ordered an M3? You intend to get an RS5 when it shows up????? Wow!!!!! :jlol: :wo:

Hey, by George he's got it. :thumb:

+44 Dave
December 13th, 2007, 16:38
Ben, funny you should bring up the i-Phone but I was in the O2 shop the other day and happened to have a discussion with the manager about how the i-Phone was selling (O2 are the sole network in the UK to offer the phone) and his look was priceless, he said the phone isn't selling at all though Apple wouldn't give that impression.

Compared to the rest the i-Phone is lacking lots of features, no 3G, video, basic camera etc.

Personally I think they need a Mk2 out soon.

Its upto date with American technology. I've just been posting in another thread on this site about how bad american cars are. And now its on to the poor technology!
The iPhone is very good looking and very smooth to use, but my gosh the technology is behind, a complete step back for the UK. Hate to think how it'll go down in Japan as well.

I have a Nokia N95 and have done for about 8 months. It has a 5mp camera compared to the iPhones 2mp. It has 3G internet and GPS sateilte mapping which the iPhone doesnt support. It was free on my contract. And now Apple bring a worse phone out and expect me to pay 270 pounds ($520) for it?

I dont think so...

MR USER
December 13th, 2007, 23:09
MMM now I feel bad... I was so excited about my new toa and you spoiled it!!!

At least is free from the provider as I did not like the idea of baing tied up to one.... so I got one in france and had it legally unlocked.

Now I will go cry in my car and listen to the engine to cheer up!!!!

:cry: :revs: :incar: :jlol:

AndyBG
December 14th, 2007, 00:33
Now I will go cry in my car and listen to the engine to cheer up!!!!

:cry: :revs: :incar: :jlol:

Don't cry, here is the solution ! :D

http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/review/0027/porsche-phone/

rubyblack
December 15th, 2007, 20:05
Hey, by George he's got it. :thumb:

Sounds like this is a "my cat is blacker than most" or "my cock is bigger than all moment"??? :eye: :vhmmm:

Where are my waders???? :brag:

Leadfoot
December 15th, 2007, 20:48
Sounds like this is a "my cat is blacker than most" or "my cock is bigger than all moment"??? :eye: :vhmmm:

Where are my waders???? :brag:

:confused:

Leadfoot
December 15th, 2007, 20:56
Can anyone explain what phantoms6 means by his comments because I'm lost. :confused:

Rutkowsky
December 15th, 2007, 22:16
Can anyone explain what phantoms6 means by his comments because I'm lost. :confused:

:hihi: there's no logic in that post but it has some entertaiment value to it :jlol:

It is hilarious!!!

RussianM3_dude
December 16th, 2007, 13:32

I think he is jealous.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/RussianM3_dude/they-see-me-rollin-they-hatin1.jpg

Leadfoot
December 16th, 2007, 15:47
M3_dude,

Such photos are in such bad taste to some people myself included. I fail to see the humour in it.:nono:

Benman
December 17th, 2007, 23:11
M3_dude,

Such photos are in such bad taste to some people myself included. I fail to see the humour in it.:nono:

I'm thinking the same thoughts, although why the parents posted that pic on the net in the first place is beyond me....

RussianM3_dude
December 18th, 2007, 09:00
Ur guyz, is not know ze internetz. teh LoLz!!1!11!11

rubyblack
December 28th, 2007, 18:55
What an allegiance they make eh?? Leadfoot (self opinionated, gobshite, jumped up never come down) and that pillock Audi hater (lover, depending which the wind blows and the veritable stone in the shoe) Russian M3 knob.......much nicer since they are both in the ignored section!!! :thumb:

Signature applies in both cases.....

Benman
December 28th, 2007, 20:27
much nicer since they are both in the ignored section!!! :thumb:

Ah, come on, Leadie is pretty cool once you get to know em'. :D

Leadfoot
December 28th, 2007, 23:41
What an allegiance they make eh?? Leadfoot (self opinionated, gobshite, jumped up never come down) and that pillock Audi hater (lover, depending which the wind blows and the veritable stone in the shoe) Russian M3 knob.......much nicer since they are both in the ignored section!!! :thumb:

Signature applies in both cases.....

You class me as self opinionated and a gob-shite. Thanks for that, it does seem that this is the season of good will and I reckon it all coming my way.;)

MR USER
December 29th, 2007, 08:25
mmm the Cristmast stress is making some of us spitting some poison... is it really worth it to start the new year like that... after all we visit this forum because we have all something in common.... and not because we are different!