PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing 1/4 mile times

IGO300
December 1st, 2007, 01:39
Just had the APR upgrade of ECU and TCU and off to the track.

Ran 13.06 on the Race fuel (104RON Aust) at 107mph.
Next 2 runs 30 mins apart were 13.3 and 13.6.

Pretty disappointing.

The fueling was done at the track and the run straight away.

I'm told that the ECU is adaptive and needs 50km or so to reach it's proper potential which may have been the problem.

I guess heat soak may account for the last 2 runs.

Since then the car has been "hunting" for gears.

Any comments would be most welcome.:stick:

Aronis
December 1st, 2007, 01:44
slower than stock???

Mike

IGO300
December 1st, 2007, 01:46
Thats why I'm disappointed

Aronis
December 1st, 2007, 01:48
I don't blame you one bit....

Mike

aussie rs6
December 1st, 2007, 07:21
I have run stock 13.02 at strip in perth.

Might I suggest try MTM agent in sydney. Milan claims with stage 2 you will achieve sub 13 1/4 mile times and low 4 seconds for 0-100kmh with stage 2 upgrade.

I believe they have shifted address ,but website is current.

I have not yet pursued as do not wish to destroy extended audi warranty.

upgrade cost seemed expensive, but I guess it is the old saying; "how fast do you want to go? how much money do you have?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: TCCAMotorsport@aol.com [mailto:TCCAMotorsport@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 28 September 2004 1:02 PM
Subject: MTM RS6

Dear John,
First, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your inquiry.
Stage two is a very simple upgrade of the engine ECU. The same is with the gear box ECU.
We have to order the programs for your car from MTM and in order to do so, we will need the details (numbers) of both, the engine and gearbox ECU's. Chassis number is encoded inside the eprom, so this upgrade will only work in your car. At the same time we order the silicone pipes, and it only takes 3-4 working days (Via UPS from Germany) for these to arrive, from the day of your order.

Pricing:
#1. Stage 2 upgrade RRP$7700
#2. Gearbox upgrade - RRP $640
#3. Silicone hoses (6 piece) - RRP$1800
#4. Sending Cost - Perth-Sydney-Perth (ECU's will have to be sent to us for preparation). - $120 return
#5. Installation by Audi - $800-$1000

At this stage, I would be happy to offer that all sending costs and installation costs are paid by us (TCCA Motorsport), and you will only pay for the parts. Total of $10,140.

Kind Regards,
Milan Mitrovic

PS If you happen to be in Sydney during the Motorshow (October 07-17th), visit us in Hall 6. We'll be more than happy to see you there.

TCCA Motorsport
Unit 1, 12-18 Clarendon Street
Artarmon NSW 2064 Australia
Tel : 61-2-9436 3668 Fax : 61-2-9437 6888
International Fax : 61-2-9412 3091
www.tccamotorsport.com.au

rs-mad
December 1st, 2007, 07:27
IGO300 - I ran 12.9 stock and with my current tune i will be disappointed with anything higher than a 12.5 on an otherwise standard car on pump fuel. With race fuel id expext a best of 12.2 assuming i run a 12.3/4 on pump.

Ive sent you a PM if you need help.

rs-mad

IGO300
December 2nd, 2007, 10:16
I have run stock 13.02 at strip in perth.

Might I suggest try MTM agent in sydney. Milan claims with stage 2 you will achieve sub 13 1/4 mile times and low 4 seconds for 0-100kmh with stage 2 upgrade.

I believe they have shifted address ,but website is current.

I have not yet pursued as do not wish to destroy extended audi warranty.

upgrade cost seemed expensive, but I guess it is the old saying; "how fast do you want to go? how much money do you have?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: TCCAMotorsport@aol.com [mailto:TCCAMotorsport@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 28 September 2004 1:02 PM
Subject: MTM RS6

Dear John,
First, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your inquiry.
Stage two is a very simple upgrade of the engine ECU. The same is with the gear box ECU.
We have to order the programs for your car from MTM and in order to do so, we will need the details (numbers) of both, the engine and gearbox ECU's. Chassis number is encoded inside the eprom, so this upgrade will only work in your car. At the same time we order the silicone pipes, and it only takes 3-4 working days (Via UPS from Germany) for these to arrive, from the day of your order.

Pricing:
#1. Stage 2 upgrade RRP$7700
#2. Gearbox upgrade - RRP $640
#3. Silicone hoses (6 piece) - RRP$1800
#4. Sending Cost - Perth-Sydney-Perth (ECU's will have to be sent to us for preparation). - $120 return
#5. Installation by Audi - $800-$1000

At this stage, I would be happy to offer that all sending costs and installation costs are paid by us (TCCA Motorsport), and you will only pay for the parts. Total of $10,140.

Kind Regards,
Milan Mitrovic

PS If you happen to be in Sydney during the Motorshow (October 07-17th), visit us in Hall 6. We'll be more than happy to see you there.

TCCA Motorsport
Unit 1, 12-18 Clarendon Street
Artarmon NSW 2064 Australia
Tel : 61-2-9436 3668 Fax : 61-2-9437 6888
International Fax : 61-2-9412 3091
www.tccamotorsport.com.au (http://www.tccamotorsport.com.au)

I have a B5 RS4 which had the MTM Stage 3. Downpipes, 100cell cats and chip.

Problem was it ran 14.4 AFR through to 5000rpm then dumped fuel down to 10.4. I was concerned that I would cook the car with this lean mix under boost.

After being run around for about 6 months I had it custom tuned with fuelling around 12AFR and lower boost to produce 40+ WHP over the MTM.

And after sales service from MTM - Non existent.

ps. Since discovering forums (during my 6 months in purgatory with 14.4 AFR) I have worked out I got about $6,000 worth of value for $14,000+.

Copper
December 4th, 2007, 03:21
Ditto... ran a 12.8 1/4 mile with my stock RS6 and 93 octane fuel. Air temp was mid to 50 degrees F.

I would expect a low 12's run with an ECU/TCU upgrade.

Check your car, either the chip upgrade is still trying to work itself out or you have some other issue (intake leak or boost issue).

Are you loading up the turbos before launch? It's tough with an auto to do it correctly. I ran low to mid 13's until I figured it out.

Also: A/C off, ECM off, Sport mode (don't shift it yourself you will get slower times but have more fun :hihi: ) Hold the brake with your left foot, spool up the turbos with the accel to just below the RPM cutoff at around 2500-2600 RPM. At the third yellow, release the brake and smoothly accel like you are in a manual car. By the time you do this the light will be green (smooth is key, don't floor it until you get moving). Enjoy the ride!

IGO300
December 4th, 2007, 03:43
Thanks Copper

;)

rs-mad
December 4th, 2007, 11:42
Doubt very much it has anything to do with his technique as his MPH doesn't reflect an increase in power. Another tip is to stage "shallow" if you ease forwad until both your staging lights just come on this will give you a better ET and 60' if you want the best reaction time stage deep until the staging lights are about to turn out.

Good luck.

RS-MAD

10SecS4
December 29th, 2007, 18:46
Ditto... ran a 12.8 1/4 mile with my stock RS6 and 93 octane fuel. Air temp was mid to 50 degrees F.

I would expect a low 12's run with an ECU/TCU upgrade.

Check your car, either the chip upgrade is still trying to work itself out or you have some other issue (intake leak or boost issue).

Are you loading up the turbos before launch? It's tough with an auto to do it correctly. I ran low to mid 13's until I figured it out.

Also: A/C off, ECM off, Sport mode (don't shift it yourself you will get slower times but have more fun :hihi: ) Hold the brake with your left foot, spool up the turbos with the accel to just below the RPM cutoff at around 2500-2600 RPM. At the third yellow, release the brake and smoothly accel like you are in a manual car. By the time you do this the light will be green (smooth is key, don't floor it until you get moving). Enjoy the ride!12.8 is very impressive for stock! Just curious, what was your 60ft and trap speed? And which track was this?

Thanx,
Marc

Copper
December 30th, 2007, 19:32
Here is the link to my 1/4 mile post with all the data.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11391

When I chip my RS6 I expect a lower 1/4 mile time or will be getting a refund. I'm hoping to be in the high 12's consistently and maybe a mid-12 if the conditions are right.

My average runs (looking through the pile of reciepts is 13.1 @ 106MPH)

Either way, this is not a good 1/4 mile car since there is no launch program, AWD, heavy 4 door. It's still fun to go all out and feel the full WOT boost though!

I'm looking for a track car now that will work on the drag strip and road coarse without a big concern for repairs. I'm selling my 65 Mustang and going to use those funds for something like an E36 M3 coupe or perhaps an RX7 TT. A supercharger can be added to the M3 for sub $2500 to get into the 300HP range with good torque in a tossible light body.

The RS^ is my daily driver, so I doubt I will do much more than a mild ECU upgrade.

Audi Fever
January 2nd, 2008, 04:34
I also have a APR chipped RS6. Only other mod is K&N filters. Ran at VMP (Va Motorsports Park) on 11/16/07. Temp was about 45 deg. Running the 100 oct tune my best times are 12.59 @ 113.34 mph. Best MPH was 113.92 w/12.63. Car leaves ok then comes on hard up top.

R/T .... .134
60' .... 2.022
330 .... 5.449
1/8 .... 8.280
MPH .... 88.31
1000 .... 10.641
1/4 .... 12.631
MPH .... 113.92

Copper: I'm not able to get better than a 1.99 60'. Doesn't matter how I launched the car. Foot brake (about 2000 rpm) or just stab the gas. It will bog for a sec then take off. Not sure how you managed a 1.6 60'. I have over 45 track passes. Damn, if I could muster a 60' like that then I'd be looking at some low 12's. Got the MPH for it. LOL

Did have one issue that prevented the car from going faster and I believed it had to do with the tires. I had a problem with the car hitting what a appeared to be a rev limiter before shifter on the 2-3, 3-4 shifts. Would sputter for a sec then shift. The tires on the car are about 3/4" shorter than the stock ones. Going to be putting stock 26.1" tires back on the car to see if that makes a difference.

Here is a vid of us at the track rental. http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u126/perpetuallyscrewed/?action=view&current=VMPrental11-07.flv I'm the first one whipping up on a 03 Z06 and again about 1:15 in to it running my buddies Dinan S2 M5. My car continued to get faster as the day went on.

Not sure how accurate the scale was there but with me in it (185lbs) weighed 4520.

Brent
:addict:

DuckWingDuck
January 2nd, 2008, 06:32
Damn, the disparity between your car and the Z06 was that much? I can't even take a Z06 on the freeways... Hell, I know of very few cars that can! Very nice.

10SecS4
January 2nd, 2008, 18:00
I also have a APR chipped RS6. Only other mod is K&N filters. Ran at VMP (Va Motorsports Park) on 11/16/07. Temp was about 45 deg. Running the 100 oct tune my best times are 12.59 @ 113.34 mph. Best MPH was 113.92 w/12.63. Car leaves ok then comes on hard up top.

R/T .... .134
60' .... 2.022
330 .... 5.449
1/8 .... 8.280
MPH .... 88.31
1000 .... 10.641
1/4 .... 12.631
MPH .... 113.92

Copper: I'm not able to get better than a 1.99 60'. Doesn't matter how I launched the car. Foot brake (about 2000 rpm) or just stab the gas. It will bog for a sec then take off. Not sure how you managed a 1.6 60'. I have over 45 track passes. Damn, if I could muster a 60' like that then I'd be looking at some low 12's. Got the MPH for it. LOL

Did have one issue that prevented the car from going faster and I believed it had to do with the tires. I had a problem with the car hitting what a appeared to be a rev limiter before shifter on the 2-3, 3-4 shifts. Would sputter for a sec then shift. The tires on the car are about 3/4" shorter than the stock ones. Going to be putting stock 26.1" tires back on the car to see if that makes a difference.

Here is a vid of us at the track rental. http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u126/perpetuallyscrewed/?action=view&current=VMPrental11-07.flv I'm the first one whipping up on a 03 Z06 and again about 1:15 in to it running my buddies Dinan S2 M5. My car continued to get faster as the day went on.

Not sure how accurate the scale was there but with me in it (185lbs) weighed 4520.

Brent
:addict:Wow, that has to be about the fastest reported trap speed I've ever seen for an RS6. Good job!

Hey you wouldn't happen to be the same guy with the 40-160 MPH RS6 video on Youtube, would you? He was running the APR 100 octane program too.

Regarding your bog off the line, I'm sure you already tried this, but it doesn't hurt to ask... Are you turning ESP off?

How many miles are on your RS6 and have you replaced the diverter valves, N75 valve, and or MAFs yet?

Thanks!

Marc

Audi Fever
January 2nd, 2008, 22:49
Hey Marc,
Yeah, t/c off. I looked at the vid with Copper and I'm not so sure he is looking at the right 60' on his timeslip. He has an almost identical 1/8 mile as mine. I'll post a pic of the timeslip this evening.

DuckWingDuck (http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?u=5517)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_118376", true); </SCRIPT> : Thanks!, lots of fun. Really pulls hard on the Interstate with the 100 oct tune.

Brent

10SecS4
January 3rd, 2008, 02:32
Hey Marc,
Yeah, t/c off. I looked at the vid with Copper and I'm not so sure he is looking at the right 60' on his timeslip. He has an almost identical 1/8 mile as mine. I'll post a pic of the timeslip this evening.

DuckWingDuck (http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?u=5517)<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_118376", true); </script> : Thanks!, lots of fun. Really pulls hard on the Interstate with the 100 oct tune.

Brent
:addict:Just curious, how many miles are on your RS6 and have you replaced the diverter valves, MAFs, or N75 valve?

How come in the video your traps were 111-112 but in other runs you trapped 113-114? Is that just the way the car is or were the 111-112 runs on the 93 octane program?

Audi Fever
January 3rd, 2008, 03:21
Hey Marc,
The 111 mph where early morning runs. Played around with launching the car and shifting manually with paddle shifters later. Never got it to come off the line any better but picked up nicely on the top end.
Sorry didn't answer your other questions before. My car has 55k miles, stock replacement bosch 710N dv's. Tried some early production APR dv's and was disappointed. Had some issues with them that I believe have been cleared up now. Haven't touched the mafs or N75. Overall I couldn't be happier with the car. If only I could get this thing to leave harder my et's would drop quite a bit.
I have attached 4 runs showing 1 of the 111mph run and 3 of the 113+ runs. I'm car #17.
BTW, I noticed your screen name. I just sold a 00 S4 that I did a complete APR stg 3 on. Stoptech brakes, wheels, etc. That was a very quick 4dr. The guy I sold it to just dyno'd it on the 100 tune and it made 398whp/440wtq on a Dynojet AWD dyno. I liked the car but it just got a little to loud for me. Getting old I guess. Plus I didn't like the notchy shifting and needed something a little bigger.

Brent

SeattleS4
January 3rd, 2008, 07:25
Here is the link to my 1/4 mile post with all the data.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11391

Copper,

I don't think your 1.62 60' time is correct. Is this a typo? That is a very quick 60' time for an RS6 (or any other car for that matter) that could only be achieved with a very hard launch...something the RS6 can't do with the stock transmission set up, stockish power, and street tires.

Audi Fever
January 3rd, 2008, 16:57
Based on the video looks like it's the Camaro's 60ft. It seemed to launch good then bog and take off again. The RS6 didn't "appear" to come out that hard at all.

Brent

peiserg
January 4th, 2008, 00:56
audi fever,

How is it possible you have 530 tq and all that HP and yet your ET is 12.6, which is basically the same as a hard-driven stock setup? Your MPH is better by 3-4 mph, but i'd expect more like 118+ with all that power. does it feel significantly faster? Do you have dyno runs at 91 and 100 octane as well as stock?

ONly asking because my apr chip didn't do jack shit. I actually lost power across a wide rpm range, then gained about 15 hp up high....

Audi Fever
January 4th, 2008, 02:00
520/530tq is advertised fywheel hp. Not at the wheel. How do you lose power when boost increases? Do you have a boost gauge in your car? Do you know what it should be? If your not feeling a difference between stock, 93 and 100 then you have other issues. Bad dv's? Lets see. According to this hp calculator http://www.fastcoolcars.com/hp_calculator.htm and this one http://www.onlineconversion.com/horsepower.htm
my RS6 is making pretty good power. I'll let you do the calculations. Weight with me in it is 4520 12.59@113.9 . Only 3-4 mph beter? You have a stock RS6 that runs 110-111 thru the traps? Not going to run 118+ with that kind of weight and hp. Bottom line is if the car could 60' and not bog then it would be quite a bit faster. Don't you think? MPH is a good indicator of HP based on weight. No?
I see you swear by the dyno eh? Been running a dyno as a shop owner/tuner for over 5 years now. Ever see what kind of power a M3/M5 makes on the dyno vs how well it does at the track? Dinan is used to getting a hard time over their "dyno" #'s. It's all about air flow. You simply can't simulate the amount of air across the front of a vehicle on the dyno without some really strong fans (wind tunnel) that the car sees going down the road/track. 100+mph wind on a dyno? Some of these newer BMW's won't even do full pulls (shuts down about 1500 rpm before redline)on the dyno due to lack of airflow.
BTW, did you ever run your car at the track before and after the tune or just dyno it? I started out running 111mph in the morning and high 113's by late afternoon on 100 oct. Maybe something to this adaptive/learning thing?

Brent

rs-mad
January 4th, 2008, 04:00
Firstly a chipped RS6 will never run 118+mph, highest I think you can get is 115mph on a perfect day/run.

The launch is the key to a good time aswell as what Audi Fever said about letting the ecu adapt to the new fuel does take some time but my opinion is the car will go quicker as the day/night goes on as the fuel level is diminishing hence less weight aswell as the cooler temperatures.

It may seem a simple car to launch but trying to get it to launch strong is very hard.

RS-MAD

Copper
January 4th, 2008, 04:27
Howdy all,

Sorry, we had our second daughter New Years Eve so I've been busy with that!

I need to pull the slips and re-check the numbers but my 60' is correct.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't floor the accel on the launch to get the best 60' times. If you look closely (or listen) you can even see that I spin all 4 wheels on the launch. It looks benign but I'm pulling hard with the revs just below the cutoff and rolling my accel smoothly not hammering it. These cars don't like all that torque coming to the wheels and will bog out slightly unless you finesse it on the launch. I have 40+ runs with RS6 #1 and about 10 with RS6 #2. I don't know how else to describe it. I used to get all jacked up nervous on the launch worrying about the stages and the lights and quickly letting of the brake and then hammering it. The car will bog every time. Now I focus on a nice smooth launch as if I'm driving a manual and my times improved a lot.

I can't wait to try a few runs once the car is chipped (soon). Also, most of my runs average 13.1 in the 105-108 range. I have yet to hit 110+ I run out of track. All the planets aligned a few times and I had excellent launches and 60' times to equal a 12.9 and 12.8. Also, your comment about manually shifting giving you better times is a little strange to me since my times were much, much worse whenever I manually shifted. Sport mode automatic with ESC off always yielded the fastest runs for me. I wonder if the TCU upgrade helps here?

Great times by the way! It gives me hope that chipping will indeed provide faster times since I have seen some other posts that have not been faster than my stock runs.

There is another thread talking about the rev limiter cut-off when the brake is applied. I always pre-stage and rev to the cut-off, drop to idle then bring it back up to just below the cut-off. Then I roll forward to stage. This helps for some reason. I don't know if the ECU or turbos are syncing up but the pre-stage brake/rev up worked for me for the faster runs. On the second yellow I rev to just below the cut off (is it 2200RPM? I forget) then on the third yellow I smoothly release the brake and "roll" my foot on the accel at the same time until I am moving then bring it to the floor in one smooth motion (like shifting you don't dump the clutch and hammer the accel)

Hope this helps!

I'll look for the Silver Dollar slips. I have them all in a folder somewhere with the Orlando slips. I need to post my dyno run graph as well and scan them all in.

DuckWingDuck
January 4th, 2008, 05:07
Copper, congrats on the new addition to the family!!

Audi Fever
January 4th, 2008, 12:26
Copper -- Happy New Year and congrats on the baby. I'll try it the way you have been doing it to see if I can feel a difference. No track this weekend. Never had any wheel spin off the line before. I guess it's hard to see in the video with the camaro. When you get a chance I'd like to see the dyno graph and time slip.

Regards,

Brent

10SecS4
January 4th, 2008, 17:40
audi fever,

How is it possible you have 530 tq and all that HP and yet your ET is 12.6, which is basically the same as a hard-driven stock setup? Your MPH is better by 3-4 mph, but i'd expect more like 118+ with all that power. does it feel significantly faster? Do you have dyno runs at 91 and 100 octane as well as stock?

ONly asking because my apr chip didn't do jack shit. I actually lost power across a wide rpm range, then gained about 15 hp up high....What software are you running now after getting rid of APR?

10SecS4
January 4th, 2008, 18:29
Copper,

I don't think your 1.62 60' time is correct. Is this a typo? That is a very quick 60' time for an RS6 (or any other car for that matter) that could only be achieved with a very hard launch...something the RS6 can't do with the stock transmission set up, stockish power, and street tires.I was going to mention this all a while ago before you guys brought it up, but I thought it was too complex and difficult to explain it all. But I'll give it a shot now. ;)

While it does appear this is the timeslip that Copper received and that he did not make a typo, I do believe there was an error in the track's timing equipment on this particular run. First, the way you can tell that it wasn't a typo is by simple math: the 60ft + (the 330' minus the 60') + (the 1/8 mile minus the 330') + (the 1000' minus the 1/8th) + (the 1/4 mile minus the 1000') must = 12.830 (which is the 1/4 mile ET). In this case it does equal 12.830, so there is no typo on Copper's part although it does look like a glitch in the track's timing equipment.

While there's no real proof that his 60ft isn't accurate (other than the technical reasons that Seattle brought up with regards to the car's low stall speed, tremendous weight, etc. making it more or less impossible to pull that kind of 60ft in a stock RS6), there is a major problem in the elapsed time from the 1/8th to the 1000' and from the 1000' to the 1/4 mile. Again, we turn to simple subtraction. According to the timeslip, his car went from the 1/8th to the 1000' in 1.921 seconds and from the 1000' to the 1/4 mile in 2.625 seconds. That is definitely not right. The car was way too fast from the 1/8th to the 1000' and way too slow from the 1000' to the 1/4.

Most 10 second cars that trap 130+ MPH do not even go from the 1/8th to the 1/4 in under 2 seconds, let alone in 1.921 seconds! Example: Here's a timeslip from my 10 second S4 (http://www.titsup-racing.com/images/s4/s4_10_73.jpg) which needed 2.027 seconds to get from the 1/8th to the 1000'. Keep in mind that's a car that's trapping 132 MPH, so it's pretty much impossible for a 109 trap car to be a full tenth of a second quicker during such a short and narrow distance of only the 1/8th mile to the 1000'.

Now let's look at his 1000' to 1/4 mile ET of 2.625 seconds. In stark contrast to his 1/8th to 1000' time, here his car is actually the opposite and extremely slow for a high 12 second car. Most cars that need 2.625 seconds to go from the 1000' to the 1/4 mile are going to be running 14's or 15's in the 1/4 mile, not high 12's. Here's a timeslip for an Audi Allroad (http://www.s4biturbo.com/files/shtaesallroad137.jpg) which ran only 13.7 @ 98, yet it still needed only 2.289 seconds to accelerate from the 1000' to the 1/4 mile. In such a short distance, it was still 3+ tenths quicker than the RS6 despite it running only 13.7 @ 98. Again, it just does not make any sense whatsoever.

I do a fair amount of drag racing in my 2000 S4, so I'm always breaking down my timeslips and analyzing everything 16 ways from Sunday, so when I looked at his timeslip, not only did the 60ft stand out to me, but also his acceleration in between the last two legs of the 1/4 mile. If you guys want, you can look at other timeslips at www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips.php?id=148 (http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips.php?id=148) and www.dragtimes.com (http://www.dragtimes.com) to compare them to the RS6 and see how quickly other 12.8 to 12.9 cars accelerate from the 1/8th to the 1000' and from the 1000' to the 1/4 mile and you'll see that his are way off when compared to any other high 12 second car.

Copper
January 4th, 2008, 19:20
It's a mystery to me as well then. These are the number straight from the slip that I posted from my laptop when I got back to my friends house in Fayetteville that night after the event.

I dug through my pile slips and found this one @13.130. You will notice that my 60' is 1.923 which is still really good.. so I must be doing something right on the launch :thumb:

March 2007 1:30PM - CompuLink StarTRAK 2005

R/T = .400

60' = 1.923

330 = 5.524

1/8 = 8.484

MPH = 83.10

1000 = 11.012

1/4 = 13.130

MPH = 105.55

I am missing the entire pile of Silver Dollard slips from my SELOC Meet runs. I emailed my friend who hosted the event and invited me to the event to see if he took them when they posted all the best times on the SELOC website: www.seloc.net (http://www.seloc.net) I think he must have them since my Orlando slips and some old Silver Dollar slips are here with the Dyno Chart in my RS6 folder but not my most recent trip to Silver Dollar.

I found three more slips that were 13.3, 13.1 and 13.1 runs with 1.969, 1.970, and 1.971. Maybe there is something wrong with the 60' on my 12.8 run? I'm showing a consistent 1.9 60' but this is an old pile of slips from March 2007 and the car had not been in for service yet and I was a newbie driver.

Just FYI, my dyno information:

DynoJet Research -

Max Total Power - 381.23 Max Total Torque 389.81

Thanks for a baby congrats. Baby and family are doing well. My 2 year old daughter is keeping me up late now but she will get used to the new addition.

Copper
January 4th, 2008, 20:07
Cara Noelle 7.3Lbs 19.5" red hair, blue eyes.

0-60 in about 15 years, 1/4 mile is 18 years and the 60' is really good at 1.60!!

P.S. I found these on DragTimes.com: http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php?carmodel=831&op1=%3E%3D&data1=&search2=et&op2=%3C%3D&data2=&days=10000000&carmake=4&name=Search+DragTimes

You will notice that there are two runs, a 12.8 and a 12.7 that posted similar numbers to my run. Here are the 12.8 numbers posted on this site from an RS6:

<TABLE class=table_detail_inside cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1/4 Mile ET:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>12.845</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1/4 Mile MPH:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>107.390</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1/8 Mile ET:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>8.287</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1/8 Mile MPH:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>84.870</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>0-60 Foot ET:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1.842</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here are the numbers from the 12.7 RS6:

http://www.dragtimes.com/2003-Audi-RS-6-Pictures-6251.html

<TABLE class=table_detail_inside cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1/4 Mile ET:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>12.737</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1/4 Mile MPH:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>108.090</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1/8 Mile ET:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>8.229</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1/8 Mile MPH:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>86.880</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>0-60 Foot ET:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>1.899</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>Temperature F:</TD><TD width="50%" bgColor=#e1dcb6>45.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I dunno, looks pretty much the same to me:

My run - RS6 run posted on Dragtimes.com

R/T = .219 = 1.130

60' = 1.623 = 1.842

330 = 5.224 = 5.370

1/8 = 8.284 = 8.287

MPH = 88.10 = 84.87

1000 = 10.205 = 10.755

1/4 = 12.830 = 12.845

MPH = 109.55 = 107.39

I'm no expert but these numbers seem to match up pretty well?

Copper
January 4th, 2008, 20:27
Rs6

Audi Fever
January 4th, 2008, 20:43
Cute baby. I need some work on my 60'. I guess for now if I can manage some 1.8's then i'll be doing something. Hopefully will find something easy to do about the brake switch and then I should be able to hold the car on the brake to try and spool the turbo's better. Does your car bog at all after the launch with the way your doing it?

Regards,

Brent

Copper
January 4th, 2008, 20:54
Here is a link to my Dyno Graph. This event was hosted at BattleGround for the SE Dyno Day.

I'm Sean AKA "Copper" on the chart. Scroll down a couple of graphs to see it.

http://forums.audiworld.com/southeast/msgs/19130.phtml

Here is the actual graph:

My RS6 is (currently) 100% stock.

Here is a link to the video of my best run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH_8oToBpRg

:rs6kiss:

Copper
January 4th, 2008, 21:06
Brent, it used to bog down when I dumped the brake and hammered the accel. Now with this sort of finesse technique I seem to not have that issue. I can almost always get all 4 wheels to spin a little at launch as well. Your 12.5 time is awesome. I can't wait to get my car chipped and go for some runs!

I'm trying to find the video of me in Orlando racing a Shelby Cobra. That was hands-down the best launch I have ever had. I just eeked out the win with that car and my buddy was in the stands filming. I'll have to see if he has the video still. By the time I was set up with that run I was starting to see my times drop from 13.x to 12.x. I still think there is some magic formula to get a great launch with the RS6. That little bit of time from the brake coming off to the turbos spooling up... a friend of mine suggested using the parking brake instead of the foot brake since a lot of the Lexus guys have this same problem on the launch with an automatic and no launch program/mode. I have not tried it yet but perhaps this would overide whatever is going on with the TCU to reduce the boost while applying the foot brake? I guess I can try this over the weekend around town.

10SecS4
January 4th, 2008, 23:18
Cara Noelle 7.3Lbs 19.5" red hair, blue eyes.

0-60 in about 15 years, 1/4 mile is 18 years and the 60' is really good at 1.60!!

P.S. I found these on DragTimes.com: http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php?carmodel=831&op1=%3E%3D&data1=&search2=et&op2=%3C%3D&data2=&days=10000000&carmake=4&name=Search+DragTimes

You will notice that there are two runs, a 12.8 and a 12.7 that posted similar numbers to my run. Here are the 12.8 numbers posted on this site from an RS6:

<table class="table_detail_inside" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="90%"><tbody><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1/4 Mile ET:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">12.845</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1/4 Mile MPH:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">107.390</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1/8 Mile ET:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">8.287</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1/8 Mile MPH:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">84.870</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">0-60 Foot ET:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1.842</td></tr></tbody></table>

Here are the numbers from the 12.7 RS6:

http://www.dragtimes.com/2003-Audi-RS-6-Pictures-6251.html

<table class="table_detail_inside" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="90%"><tbody><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1/4 Mile ET:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">12.737</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1/4 Mile MPH:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">108.090</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1/8 Mile ET:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">8.229</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1/8 Mile MPH:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">86.880</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">0-60 Foot ET:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">1.899</td></tr><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">Temperature F:</td><td bgcolor="#e1dcb6" width="50%">45.0</td></tr></tbody></table>

I dunno, looks pretty much the same to me:

My run - RS6 run posted on Dragtimes.com

R/T = .219 = 1.130

60' = 1.623 = 1.842

330 = 5.224 = 5.370

1/8 = 8.284 = 8.287

MPH = 88.10 = 84.87

1000 = 10.205 = 10.755

1/4 = 12.830 = 12.845

MPH = 109.55 = 107.39

I'm no expert but these numbers seem to match up pretty well?Nope, look at the 1000' time for your run in question. It's way different than the one next to it! It's off by more than 5 tenths despite the preceding 1/8th mile ET and subsquent 1/4 mile ET being very close. 5 tenths is huge when everything else is very similar. It's just not possible. Something was wrong with the track's timing equipment on that 12.830 pass. I'm not saying your car didn't run 12.83, just that the 1000ft and 60ft are incorrect for whatever reason.

Copper
January 4th, 2008, 23:36
Gotcha. I'm not educated enough on the subject to know. I'm just the dumb driver with the lead foot :hahahehe:

With the way the drag Camaro spanked me maybe he screwed up the equipment... That is the only time I was racing and could see the other car's time while I'm STILL driving down the track.

peiserg
January 5th, 2008, 01:39
520/530tq is advertised fywheel hp. Not at the wheel. How do you lose power when boost increases? Do you have a boost gauge in your car? Do you know what it should be? If your not feeling a difference between stock, 93 and 100 then you have other issues. Bad dv's? Lets see. According to this hp calculator http://www.fastcoolcars.com/hp_calculator.htm and this one http://www.onlineconversion.com/horsepower.htm
my RS6 is making pretty good power. I'll let you do the calculations. Weight with me in it is 4520 12.59@113.9 . Only 3-4 mph beter? You have a stock RS6 that runs 110-111 thru the traps? Not going to run 118+ with that kind of weight and hp. Bottom line is if the car could 60' and not bog then it would be quite a bit faster. Don't you think? MPH is a good indicator of HP based on weight. No?
I see you swear by the dyno eh? Been running a dyno as a shop owner/tuner for over 5 years now. Ever see what kind of power a M3/M5 makes on the dyno vs how well it does at the track? Dinan is used to getting a hard time over their "dyno" #'s. It's all about air flow. You simply can't simulate the amount of air across the front of a vehicle on the dyno without some really strong fans (wind tunnel) that the car sees going down the road/track. 100+mph wind on a dyno? Some of these newer BMW's won't even do full pulls (shuts down about 1500 rpm before redline)on the dyno due to lack of airflow.
BTW, did you ever run your car at the track before and after the tune or just dyno it? I started out running 111mph in the morning and high 113's by late afternoon on 100 oct. Maybe something to this adaptive/learning thing?

Brent

I'll answer what I'm able to.

I'm used to people talking RWHP or AWHP. I don't know many who quote supposed crank HP. So i assumed you were talking at the wheels

I'm no engineer. I don't know how you lose power as boost increases.

No, I don't have a boost gauge. WHy do I need one when the VAG com logs boost?

Yes, I know what stock boost should be.

I did notice a difference between 91 and 100 octane.

Haha, swear by the dyno? Uh.. no. I am just skeptical when someone has 540 AWHP (I presumed meant 600-650 hp and tq) says they trap 114-115.

Seat of pants difference? Absolutely zero felt with my APR chip. So off to the dyno i went...what did I find? I lost about 15-20 hp when i changed from "stock" to "91 hi boost" setting....and yes, the car was pushing more boost...about 4 psi more. That was with 100 octane in the car.

Then i switched to the 100 octane setting. that got me 20 extra hp over the "stock" setting. Not quite what i was told to expect.

So I changed the DV's, thrustsensor, N75 valve, and had my car checked over by THREE audi specialists. No one found a problem. I put in the OCT chip, and changed nothing else mechanically (though i did put in the turbo back milltek, my baseline dyno with the milltek did not change much vs. the stock exhaust).

redyno the car... 110 more TQ in some areas, and 75+ more HP (this is at the wheels btw...not what oct claims at the crank)...and this is with 93 octane in the car vs. the 100 octane i put in for the APR dyno.

So what can I tell you? I spent a full month and greater than $1000 troubleshooting my APR chip...I took it to their recommended tech (very nice guy, seems pretty knowledgeable), changed every component they asked, boost leak checked the car at 3 different shops... finally the APR recommended tech told me to just return the ECU....

And I did dyno at the same shop every single time.
cheers.

ps I checked out your link. your rs6 is making 580 hp according to 4520 lbs and 12.59 et?

just reread your post and realized you own a dyno shop.. Curious what the different pulls look like with the APR chip in.

10SecS4
January 5th, 2008, 03:15
So I changed the DV's, thrustsensor, N75 valve, and had my car checked over by THREE audi specialists. No one found a problem. I put in the OCT chip, and changed nothing else mechanically (though i did put in the turbo back milltek, my baseline dyno with the milltek did not change much vs. the stock exhaust).

redyno the car... 110 more TQ in some areas, and 75+ more HP (this is at the wheels btw...not what oct claims at the crank)...and this is with 93 octane in the car vs. the 100 octane i put in for the APR dyno.Wow, so there were no other changes whatsoever except the software and you gained that much power? That's incredible. Was the boost higher with the OCT software? Was this on the same dyno or a different one?

just reread your post and realized you own a dyno shop.. Curious what the different pulls look like with the APR chip in.I'd love to see some dyno sheets for his car on both pump and race gas too. :idea:

Audi Fever
January 5th, 2008, 04:51
Sorry, not trying to start a pissing contest. I go by whp or awhp as well. APR rates hp at the flywheel (crank) on all their graphs. I have a 2wd Dyno Dynamics dyno. So haven't dyno'd my car and don't see a need to. Not sure why the APR chip didn't work on your app.. What did you determine from VAG? Was the boost commanded and actual correct? Was it pulling knock? SES light? Alot of variables here.
Again with the trap speed #'s. You seem to be off one way or the other with trap mph. 113.9 isn't 114-115. Just like 113.9 isn't just 3-4 mph over stock. As I stated in another post and after being around these car for a bit it seems that the adaptive learning is something that comes in to play. I guess my point is me going to an AWD dyno and just switching between tunes isn't an actual indication of hp because of the adaptive learning.
However, if I had dyno'd my car the morning of the track rental and at the end of the day after running on the 100 oct tune all day I do believe there would have been a significant gain in hp based on mph increase.
In the end you changed these (the DV's, thrustsensor, N75 valve) and then did the OCT tune and made a great gain? If that is the case then your not really comparing apples to apples. Replaced with stock or aftermarket DV & N75? Why would you change these things when you had VAG and know how to log and everything was fine? And the Milltek exhaust. Does that become less of a restriction with higher boost/hp levels? I don't really know. But again it is another variable.
I'm glad the OCT worked out for you. Any track times to support the hp gain? Again, not trying to argue with anyone. Just like to look at all the details.

Regards,
Brent

peiserg
January 5th, 2008, 06:15
Sorry, not trying to start a pissing contest. I go by whp or awhp as well. APR rates hp at the flywheel (crank) on all their graphs. I have a 2wd Dyno Dynamics dyno. So haven't dyno'd my car and don't see a need to. Not sure why the APR chip didn't work on your app.. What did you determine from VAG? Was the boost commanded and actual correct? Was it pulling knock? SES light? Alot of variables here.
Again with the trap speed #'s. You seem to be off one way or the other with trap mph. 113.9 isn't 114-115. Just like 113.9 isn't just 3-4 mph over stock. As I stated in another post and after being around these car for a bit it seems that the adaptive learning is something that comes in to play. I guess my point is me going to an AWD dyno and just switching between tunes isn't an actual indication of hp because of the adaptive learning.
However, if I had dyno'd my car the morning of the track rental and at the end of the day after running on the 100 oct tune all day I do believe there would have been a significant gain in hp based on mph increase.
In the end you changed these (the DV's, thrustsensor, N75 valve) and then did the OCT tune and made a great gain? If that is the case then your not really comparing apples to apples. Replaced with stock or aftermarket DV & N75? Why would you change these things when you had VAG and know how to log and everything was fine? And the Milltek exhaust. Does that become less of a restriction with higher boost/hp levels? I don't really know. But again it is another variable.
I'm glad the OCT worked out for you. Any track times to support the hp gain? Again, not trying to argue with anyone. Just like to look at all the details.

Regards,
Brent

To compare bananas to bananas here... I installed the apr. got crap for performance. installed (at their request) upgraded DV's, a new N75 valve, a new thrustsensor....despite my car only have 6500 miles on it at the time. then the apr guy starts telling my tech he thinks my turbos need replacing! c'mon....

so back to the dyno... minimal improvement...although I at least was no longer LOSING power on the 91 "hi boost" set. I was now at 332 "stock," 335 "hi boost 91" and 350 "hi boost 100." and I actually lost a large amount of power under the curve prior to 4500 rpm...the only increase in power was above that point!

I had them chart my boost and AFR's during the runs. The car did make 4 more psi boost in the "91 hi boost" mode. but jack shit for power.

And yes, the tech did about 5 or 6 datalogging runs checking boost request/actual, timing, and whatever else you check in that situation.

SO then...back to stock. completely. Put on the milltek. redyno.... now I'm up to 340 stock hp.

Now, put on OCT..max HP is 370 iirc, but the main news is the massive area under the curve that I picked up after the chip instal... upwards of 75 more HP and 100+ torque after the dyno session where the milltek was installed.... and all that power was at 93 octane, NOT the 100 i had with APR.

Now, don't get me wrong... i desperately wanted APR to work.... that's why i spent a month and a grand troubleshooting it.. and they were very helpful, very friendly, and very accomodating when i asked for my refund. no complaints in either department.

I don't know what to say. I brought my OCT car back to the tech with the APR software.... he just scratched his head and said "well, i guess that proves it wasn't your car..."

we even went so far as to pull the ecu to verify they put the correct chip in.

one question i have is in your post you state 113.9 isn't 114. Well, I know that, but from a "rounding" perspective, is there any real difference between the two? What i mean is it can't take that much more HP to make 0.1 MPH difference in the trap speed can it? ANd I thought stock was 109-110, which is where my conclusion of "3-4mph over stock" is from. My original assumption is that if you were making 530 whp, meaning 600ish at the crank, i would expect a delta of more than 3-4 mph from 150+ extra hp.

Audi Fever
January 5th, 2008, 14:49
To compare bananas to bananas here... I installed the apr. got crap for performance. installed (at their request) upgraded DV's, a new N75 valve, a new thrustsensor....despite my car only have 6500 miles on it at the time. then the apr guy starts telling my tech he thinks my turbos need replacing! c'mon....

so back to the dyno... minimal improvement...although I at least was no longer LOSING power on the 91 "hi boost" set. I was now at 332 "stock," 335 "hi boost 91" and 350 "hi boost 100." and I actually lost a large amount of power under the curve prior to 4500 rpm...the only increase in power was above that point!

I had them chart my boost and AFR's during the runs. The car did make 4 more psi boost in the "91 hi boost" mode. but jack shit for power.

And yes, the tech did about 5 or 6 datalogging runs checking boost request/actual, timing, and whatever else you check in that situation.

SO then...back to stock. completely. Put on the milltek. redyno.... now I'm up to 340 stock hp.

Now, put on OCT..max HP is 370 iirc, but the main news is the massive area under the curve that I picked up after the chip instal... upwards of 75 more HP and 100+ torque after the dyno session where the milltek was installed.... and all that power was at 93 octane, NOT the 100 i had with APR.

Now, don't get me wrong... i desperately wanted APR to work.... that's why i spent a month and a grand troubleshooting it.. and they were very helpful, very friendly, and very accomodating when i asked for my refund. no complaints in either department.

I don't know what to say. I brought my OCT car back to the tech with the APR software.... he just scratched his head and said "well, i guess that proves it wasn't your car..."

we even went so far as to pull the ecu to verify they put the correct chip in.

one question i have is in your post you state 113.9 isn't 114. Well, I know that, but from a "rounding" perspective, is there any real difference between the two? What i mean is it can't take that much more HP to make 0.1 MPH difference in the trap speed can it? ANd I thought stock was 109-110, which is where my conclusion of "3-4mph over stock" is from. My original assumption is that if you were making 530 whp, meaning 600ish at the crank, i would expect a delta of more than 3-4 mph from 150+ extra hp.

It's all good. Guess I was basing stock on 106-108. I would say 113.9 is 114 but not 115. Not sure why the APR didn't work for ya. Good that they gave you a refund. Was this recent? Only ask because I know from time to time there are updates. Not trying to defend anyone.
Anyone know for sure that there isn't any issues putting these cars on the dyno. I have heard of some awd Carrera horror stories. What gear are you running them in? I know if I manually select say 3rd and the car isn't above xxxx rpm then it will downshift on it's own. From experience some autos can be tricky to find that happy spot to begin the pull from. On a car like this I would like to start the pull in 3rd or 4th as early as possible.

Regards,
Brent

peiserg
January 5th, 2008, 16:08
Well I bought the car in may of 07....and was able to hold off for a whole week before I bought the apr software...

I don't know about the dyno technique used...they did dyno my car with teh APR chip multiple times (initial, then after new DV's, then after new DV + thrustsensor + N75 valve), and the power was always about the same. then they dyno'd with stock ecu + milltek, and the power curve was similar (though i lost down low and gained up high above 4500), then with the OCT chip + milltek.

same guy dyno's car every time. we also did two rs6s back to back (mine plus jimmy's from this board). his curve looked like my old one, with a little less power.

fwiw this dyno shop was recommended by all 3 audi specialists, including the audi dealership in town.

regardless of technique, there was a massive seat of pants improvement with the oct.... i was hoping for 35 whp/tq based on what they claim... what i got was a hell of a lot more than that! :bow:

dont know what to say. I PM'd 4 apr buyers, and all of them were very happy.. which is why i bought it. I will say their support was great and they quickly refunded when i asked, so I still won't complain... I've heard GIAC is much less supportive and a major pain to get a refund from, so I'm happy.

ok ok if we use 106 as a baseline mph, then yes 113-114 is a big jump, about what I'd expect.

I used to have a GTECH pro I used with my accord (laugh all you want) at the 1/4mile track. it was extrememly consistent with the track equipment, always dead on within 0.01-0.1 secs on ET. The MPH was always a little higher (0.5-1), since it clocks the 1/4 mile at the exact end, vs. the track which averages your speed over a small distance leading up to and including the 1/4 mile. It broke. I think I might purchase another one for giggles.. then i can post some times while it's still wintertime here (which means a frigid 65 during the day)

peiserg
January 5th, 2008, 17:14
www.flipdrive.com/maskedmilkman

someone care to bring in my photos? there's all my dyno graphs... all my APR runs at 100 octane, stock with milltek, milltek+oct, apr run with new DV's, etc...

and can someone bring the appropriate ones into the "ECU/TCU" sticky? i'm sure the OCT before/after runs are going to give someone useful info.

all runs at same dyno.

nyrs6
January 6th, 2008, 00:24
Let me start by saying that it is very hard to get the best out of the RS6 at the drag strip. It is very inconsistent because of the heat soake it has. When our RS6 was stock we were one of the first ones to take it to the track. Knowing how th RS6 felt on the street we thought that the car would for sure be in the 12's, oh boy were we wrong. And i will point out the mistakes we had done.

First of all we arrived at the track and only let the car cool down 30 minutes. Little did we know how big of an issue heat soake was. Our first run was a 13.4 @ 105. We were shocked and thought maybe we did something wrong. On the following runs it just became worse and worse, our trap speeds were down to 102. If we would have waited and let the car cool down for a few hours we may have seen better results. You also have to remeber the car needs to be run in very cold temperatures.

Fast foward to when we got a OCT chip. This time we did it diffrently. First thing we went on a 45 degree day. Second thing we did was let the car cool down over an hour. After the first or second run we had a 12.4 down at 111+. Big factors were temperature and cool down times. Btw those times were achevied by having the Tranny chip which lets you launch at 3100 rpm. Later on we went when we installed the downpipes, but this time we went in 60 degree weather and turned the same 12.4 but with 112 mph trap speed. I truly believe if we had more cool down time and it was 45 degrees that we would have been 12.1-12.2 at 114 trap speed.

Also as far as the 60 foot time, ours was like 1.75 so its pretty strang that the OP got such a good ET with that 60 foot. It just doesnt make sense. :brag:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2904&highlight=oct

780z
February 11th, 2008, 19:45
Hi Guys, interesting thread, I am trying to make up my mind what chip to go for in the UK and considering the APR Saga it just makes the decision who to get to remap all the more difficult.
I also find NYRS6's post interesting regarding the gearbox chip as I have been led to believe that this chip was supposed to protect the box after the increase in engine power rather that make it take more launch power, in any event I think this is the way to go as I had a lot of trouble getting a good launch in my stock car see figures below.............

60ft - 2.0279
330ft - 5.5449
1/8 - 8.4227
1/8 mph - 86.23
1000' - 10.7989
1/4 - 12.9459
1/4 mph - 107.14

Some tuners over here are claiming 60bhp crank increase with just the ECU mod, I was hoping for a total of at least 85bhp increase with a custom decatted twin 3" exhaust and K&N filters. I would have thought that this should get the car in the high 11's with a terminal speed of approx 118 which should match the times supposedly acheived by the tuner who promises 60bhp increase. (even though he cannot remember his exact times...........smile)
Does anybody know of an RS6 that can run 11's ?

Supercopa
February 11th, 2008, 21:41
mine gives that (only one try, perhaps I should have done more)

60ft - 2.267
330ft - 5.687
1/8 - 8.525
1/8mph - 88.89
1000' - 10.937
1/4 - 12.993
1/4 mph - 109.46
0-60 mph 4.55

rs-mad
February 11th, 2008, 22:01
Does anybody know of an RS6 that can run 11's ?

I'll get back to you shortly. Here is a link to the timeslips and video of my car http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-14347.html

Only mod is DNA Tuning www.dnatuning.com (http://www.dnatuning.com) and he is also in the UK

RS-MAD

MikeL01
February 12th, 2008, 21:34
High 12's in a heavy, stable, comfortable and classy car is very respectable. Considering my former 06-Z06 at 3,300 lbs would run high 11's and low 12's. All that with cheap creaking plastic too...