PDA

View Full Version : can you say OCT + Milltek + Methanol/water?

peiserg
November 29th, 2007, 02:30
this saturday the OCT action is commencing. I already have the milltek DP/catback. in a couple weeks adding the h20/methanol for intake temp control. can you say "woot woot?"

RS6 POWER
November 29th, 2007, 16:06
this saturday the OCT action is commencing. I already have the milltek DP/catback. in a couple weeks adding the h20/methanol for intake temp control. can you say "woot woot?"
Ok...I am not trying to get your hopes down...but me you I would dyno the car before the upgrades...you are talking of some serious money. My car had the GIAC tune before the install of the Miltek DP and exhaust ($5,000 investement)...I had a before dyno of the GIAC tune of 404AWH and then a when I did the install of the Miltek system it dynoed at 404AWH. THE SAME, BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!! If you go to the AWE Tuning site you will see that 404AWH is what they claim that the stock car will produce with the flash only.
My question is; is it worth the spending of $5,000 for a better sound and no increase in AWH???

Sincerely,
Manuel

DuckWingDuck
November 29th, 2007, 17:05
lol@$5k for the same AWH. That's gotta suck!

mi021le
November 29th, 2007, 18:27
lol@$5k for the same AWH. That's gotta suck!

dam!!!!!!!!

i went up like 70 awdhp........ maybe u should try change tunes.

RS6 POWER
November 29th, 2007, 20:09
dam!!!!!!!!

i went up like 70 awdhp........ maybe u should try change tunes.
What tune do you have???

mi021le
November 30th, 2007, 05:31
in the sig. dahlback.

RS6 POWER
November 30th, 2007, 12:43
in the sig. dahlback.
PM sent!

peiserg
December 1st, 2007, 17:22
thanks for the info. I hve had the milltek dp and cat back for a few mnths already. the methanol is going to be for intake temp control when it's hot outside rather than for full time usage. I've already tried the apr ecu and had a couple issues which i never got ironed out. Now i'm trying oct hope it works!!

peiserg
December 17th, 2007, 21:54
just got off the dyno. I'll post the graph (well someone will have to take it and postit for me).

I got up to 130lb feet torque and 75 awhp boost! amazing! most of the torque delta was 65-70, and awhp delta was 40-60, with a peak delta of 75.

and wait asecond...you got a 70 awhp boost from a downpipe and exhaust? no other changes? i'm a little skeptical.

RS6 POWER
December 18th, 2007, 12:37
just got off the dyno. I'll post the graph (well someone will have to take it and postit for me).

I got up to 130lb feet torque and 75 awhp boost! amazing! most of the torque delta was 65-70, and awhp delta was 40-60, with a peak delta of 75.

and wait asecond...you got a 70 awhp boost from a downpipe and exhaust? no other changes? i'm a little skeptical.
Congrats!!! Nice numbers, are the numbers with the water/meth???

Regards,
Manuel

mi021le
December 18th, 2007, 13:39

mods.
dps
intakes
exhaust
swaybars
mtm big brake kit
mtm hoses
nav +
rebuilt trans
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379344_376_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379344_393_full.jpg

the rest is all the dahlback tune. But if you rebuild the trans you still need to find someone who writes a upgraded tune, and that someone has worked on a rebuilt trans rs6. dahlback told me to go to level 10 and i recomend it. hans said the turbos are still runing at like 80%. my tune is designed for whats exactly on the car. in this old post you see how 434 blew the trans so those are good numbers without trying to pay that big bill. im very intrested in your meth upgrade. just like all the high hp rs6's we need to cool it down a bit. id love to see you redyno after the meth. im looking at the kit.

cheers. but it can be done just need a trans. lol

heres the cars history
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8754

DHall1
September 14th, 2011, 06:35
Poor Manuel....didnt he know the problem was the GIAC all along?

Ok...I am not trying to get your hopes down...but me you I would dyno the car before the upgrades...you are talking of some serious money. My car had the GIAC tune before the install of the Miltek DP and exhaust ($5,000 investement)...I had a before dyno of the GIAC tune of 404AWH and then a when I did the install of the Miltek system it dynoed at 404AWH. THE SAME, BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!! If you go to the AWE Tuning site you will see that 404AWH is what they claim that the stock car will produce with the flash only.
My question is; is it worth the spending of $5,000 for a better sound and no increase in AWH???

Sincerely,
Manuel