November 29th, 2007, 00:35
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=1301&page=1

Oh well - still waiting for RS5:alig:

chewym
November 29th, 2007, 02:01
280/265 isn't too bad at all.

AndyBG
November 29th, 2007, 02:16
TT-S, yes ! But we are all waiting for a ''real deal'', TT-RS... That isn't going to be four pot for sure !

Audiphile
November 29th, 2007, 03:06
The TT-S will be plenty fast and agile. It will slot nicely among its S-Series brethren such as the S3, S4, S5, S6 and S8. The TT-S will complete the S-Series versions. Its lightweight and coupe design will mean the TTS will live up to the Audi S-Series tradition. Don't forget that there is TT-RS on the way as well as a R4 (mid-engined sport car to slot nicely along the TTS.).

Leadfoot
November 29th, 2007, 12:01
The only thing that might disappoint some about it using a 4 pot engine is the sound which they really can't do that much with and to slight delay from the turbo. As for the actual performance, I doubt anyone will be disappointed, the car will weight roughly 80~100kgs more than the TT2.0fwd and that places it around 1400kgs or in other words a Power to weight and Torque to weight just a little lower than a S5.

This thing will not disappoint on so many levels. Expects some great reviews. :thumb:

AndyBG
November 29th, 2007, 13:05
TT S will be sweet car, no discusion there.

AndyBG
November 29th, 2007, 13:21
World premier of the Audi TT S will be at '08 Detroit motor show, acording to a carmagazine.co.uk...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=1301&page=1

ZeroCool
November 29th, 2007, 13:33
@Andy...

That's the same link like the first post of this Thread :D

Leadfoot
November 29th, 2007, 15:21
I think CAR have their price way wrong, the best estimates from dealers is £33K~35K tops. A price tag of £38K puts it too close in price to the much bigger and classier S5 which has more power, bigger engine, etc, etc.

I would be expecting the TT/RS to be around the price of the S5 or maybe a little higher but definitely not the TT/S.

Does anyone concur. :brag:

tvrfan
November 29th, 2007, 20:39
hmmm the R4, would it be build by audi or quattro gmbh??? what do you think??? and wich name would a possible S or RS have ^^? hmm (S) RS4...noooo way.
(RS) RRS4 noooooooooooo waaaayyyy.

damn there will be no S and RS variants for the R4 -.-

Leadfoot
November 29th, 2007, 21:55
hmmm the R4, would it be build by audi or quattro gmbh??? what do you think??? and wich name would a possible S or RS have ^^? hmm (S) RS4...noooo way.
(RS) RRS4 noooooooooooo waaaayyyy.

damn there will be no S and RS variants for the R4 -.-

tvrfan,

At present there is no RS version of the R8 and I doubt there ever will be a need for one as it was developed as the ultimate driver's Audi from the off. The same can't be said about the A3/4/5/6/8 and TT, because of this Audi felt the need to spice up these models for the kind of dealers who want/crave that little but extra (S model) or that little bit special (RS model).

I would guess if Audi chose to use the model name R4 for this little coupe then chances are it will be a great little driver's car in the style of the R8.

P.S.

If they did do S or RS versions the naming would be R4/S and R4/RS.:thumb:

AndyBG
November 30th, 2007, 00:03
@Andy...

That's the same link like the first post of this Thread :D

:doh: What a ... I am !