View Full Version : R8 making a good bit more than RS4 on a dynopack

Z07
November 23rd, 2007, 20:47
R8
http://www.rri.se/popup/performancegraphs.php?ChartsID=778

2007 RS4
http://www.rri.se/popup/performancegraphs.php?ChartsID=769

:vhmmm:

The output is even higher than the RWD M3 that boasts the same power.

rs-mad
November 24th, 2007, 06:53
That shows that chassis dyno figures can not be taken as gospil, they are designed for before/after power when doing modifications or problem solving

Z07
November 24th, 2007, 15:08
That shows that chassis dyno figures can not be taken as gospil, they are designed for before/after power when doing modifications or problem solving
10% is fairly considerable though don't you think. I'd have dismissed 3% (10hp) but we're looking at 30-40hp.

RussianM3_dude
November 24th, 2007, 15:36
I bet Audi tests the engines and selects the most performing ones for the R8. It's what Lambo does for the Reventon. It simply takes the strongest engines from the production line... Voila! 10 extra horses.

Carl Lassiter
November 25th, 2007, 01:18
I bet Audi tests the engines and selects the most performing ones for the R8. It's what Lambo does for the Reventon. It simply takes the strongest engines from the production line... Voila! 10 extra horses.

You don't ever seem to have anything positive to say about Audi. A shame.

chewym
November 25th, 2007, 10:05
And there is nothing wrong with Audi taking the best of the best for the R8. Or it means that the website is not very accurate. You can find many Quattro Audis in teh 90%+ range with some diesels having the same torque at the wheels as at the crank.

Many cars they test have 90%+ power transmissions. Even two wheel drive cars probalby lose more than 10%, or at least that's what is commonly quoted. But I seed they run the test without wheels, which makes the figures different than dynos that US wheels.

RussianM3_dude
November 25th, 2007, 11:06
You don't ever seem to have anything positive to say about Audi. A shame.

And you seem to be a fanboy, Sir. There is nothing in what I said above that is critical of Audi. In fact many magazines reported that on the Reventon, it's engine is EXACTLY the same sa the 640. The difference comes either from blueprinting or simply from selecting the strongest engines, here magazines differ.

Z07
November 25th, 2007, 15:55
And there is nothing wrong with Audi taking the best of the best for the R8. Or it means that the website is not very accurate. You can find many Quattro Audis in teh 90%+ range with some diesels having the same torque at the wheels as at the crank.

Many cars they test have 90%+ power transmissions. Even two wheel drive cars probalby lose more than 10%, or at least that's what is commonly quoted. But I seed they run the test without wheels, which makes the figures different than dynos that US wheels.
Yep. Power at the hubs is different to power at the wheels. Much less loss. Usually about 8-10% for RWD and 15-17% for AWD, as opposed to 15% and 25% with wheel dynos.

Carl Lassiter
November 26th, 2007, 05:34
And you seem to be a fanboy, Sir. nes differ.

Personal attack is unecessary, I was merely making an observation. Good day.

Leadfoot
November 26th, 2007, 20:04
You have to remember that both the RS4 and the R8 didn't produce all of the beans in the early examples, maybe a dyno of a more recent RS4 might reveal a different result.

But you all know my feelings on dyno results in any case.