PDA

View Full Version : Milestone 7!!!

Finnus
June 13th, 2003, 12:11
Great news! I got up this morning and this was on the web site:

Your RS 6 has arrived in one of our U.S. ports and is destined for your RS 6 dealership. Visit Milestone 7 for more details.

Friday the 13th - a great day for the Beast to arrive - always was my lucky day (I was born on fri13).

It took exactly 2 weeks between Milestone 6 (May 30th) and Milestone 7. (The timeline actually shows it being here as of 6/11, but it didn't show up until this AM.) A relief after being demoted to pre-planning on Wednesday.

Its time to call my dealer and start bugging the sh-- out of them! :flamed:

Finnus :cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

dabull
June 13th, 2003, 12:31
Congratulations but tomorrow the website will probably show your car has been shipped back to Germany, step 8 . My milestone 6 is dated June 4th so according to your timeline mine should arrive next week.. You being in New York one would think should have it at your dealership pretty quick. :addict: :addict:

Finnus
June 13th, 2003, 12:55
Bull,

Milestone 8 - Back to Germany! LOL That would beat Milestone 8a - Sunk in the Atlantic.

My dealer wasn't sure what port it was coming into. At different times I've heard Providence, Delaware & Houston. I think it can take another two weeks from arrival in port to delivery. Anyways, I should have It by the end of the month or at least before the 4th of July!

I'm going to call this morning and try to get some more details.

Finnus

jconley
June 13th, 2003, 13:34
Mine is back to showing MS-5!!! I think I am going to stop checking it!!!!!

Benman
June 13th, 2003, 15:35
Finnus, congrats:cheers:
hope your car has a safe and speedy journey from port to
showroom. keep us posted:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Speedracer
June 13th, 2003, 18:10
At different times I've heard Providence, Delaware & Houston.

My dealer told me that all the A8Ls are coming in to Houston.

RS6FEVR
June 14th, 2003, 00:02
:cheers: Finnus :cheers:
Congrats on the news of arrival. Gotta make you feel good!!:D :D
Make sure you keep us lesser Milestone checkers informed with some pics and data on the delivery process and first impressions. :bow: :bow:
:addict: FEVR :addict:

jimmy94507
June 14th, 2003, 03:11
Congratulations Finnus!! Here's hoping your learn which Port your car came into and expected time for it to arrive at your dealer.

I was at my dealer today. He had talked to AOA yesterday. Seems like a lot of people in Germany were off part of last week and this week. This has slowed down factory activity. Their first RS6 is on a ship headed to Houston; should arrive there middle of next week. He thinks all of the MidWest and West coast RS6's and A8L's will be shipped into Houston for checkout and then transported to the respective dealers. I didn't ask him about East coast cars. Although I'm still shown at Milestone 4, AOA told him that my car is completed ready to turn over to the Sales dept. for transport to Emden Port inspection and allocation to a ship. Progress is being made even though the Web site doesn't reflect it. I think I'm between MS5 and MS6?
Jim

rsjoe
June 14th, 2003, 23:41
Dealer says the port is in Rhode Island and should take 7-10 days for delivery to me. I give this the same credibilty as the weather forecast!