PDA

View Full Version : RS4 bucket seats

yiponwah
November 22nd, 2007, 23:37
Anyone have problem with ethe RS4 bucket seats, mines started to make squeaky and crack noise around the harness holes.

OzRS4
November 23rd, 2007, 02:20
Mine is 6 months old and covered nearly 11000kms...no problem whatsoever. I do try the get in and out carefully not to rub hard onto the side bolsters.

PetrolDave
November 23rd, 2007, 17:35
There was a long discussion earlier in the year on www.rs246.com about the bucket seats - seems some people have had these problems after only a few hundred miles.

Glad I went for the Recaro sport seats and not the buckets.

2jm
November 23rd, 2007, 18:53
There was a long discussion earlier in the year on www.rs246.com (http://www.rs246.com) about the bucket seats - seems some people have had these problems after only a few hundred miles.

Glad I went for the Recaro sport seats and not the buckets.

I have had my RS4 Avant for less than a week now with the buckets and I wouldn't change them. IMO the buckets belong to RS4, Recaros are available for S4 and even A4 so they are not so special. If your back is too wide, then the Recaro's are fine. The bucket seats are phenomenal, they feel luxury, are very supportive but the same time very cozy. The hardest part is to get in, and also getting out, but leaving RS4 is always heart-braking. The car is just amazing and I cannot stop smiling when driving it. This is my dream come true!

:rs4kiss:

-JM

PetrolDave
November 26th, 2007, 15:36
The choice of Recaros or buckets is a very personal thing. Some love the buckets, but others find them very uncomfortable.

Just be aware that some have reported early wear problems with the buckets, but there have been no such reports for the Recaros.

simon78
January 23rd, 2008, 06:42
How can the wear be minimize or how can it be prevented for long run?

Also, is the wear under warrenty?