PDA

View Full Version : It's coming soon.

Leadfoot
November 21st, 2007, 16:56
Hi guys,

Just got my confirmation letter from the dealer to say the S5 should be with me for Christmas.

:wo: :rotflmao: :jlol: :dig: :p :dance: :trash: :D :lovl: :music: :incar: :race: :love2: :applause: :burnout: :cheers:

I guess you can tell I am a little excited.

AndyBG
November 21st, 2007, 17:24
Allmoast there, you are going to enjoy !

Can we expect some close up pic's of that beauty ?

Leadfoot
November 21st, 2007, 17:51
Will do but I will probably need HKS786's help to get them on the site.

HKS786
November 21st, 2007, 18:12

No probs ;) cant wait to see it :jlol: :jlol: :jlol:

AndyBG
November 22nd, 2007, 00:28

You still have a problem to master wisdom of posting pic's... I understand you, I had a similar problem for a long time, but I can manage to do something every now and then. :D

Once again, congrat's on your new car ! :cheers:

Leadfoot
November 22nd, 2007, 00:52
Andy mate, I'm f@cked if I know how to posted pics on the site. I can do ones from the Internet but not from my own hard-drive.

What a dick I am.

AndyBG
November 22nd, 2007, 01:09
You will overcome that, I'm sure... :idea: just a little time. :thumb:

Mockenrue
November 22nd, 2007, 01:46
Good stuff Leadfoot. Looking forward to seeing it. :thumb:

EKaru
November 22nd, 2007, 06:25
Hi guys,

Just got my confirmation letter from the dealer to say the S5 should be with me for Christmas.

I thought you ordered an M3?

Leadfoot
November 22nd, 2007, 09:18
I thought you ordered an M3?

This is getting tiring to keep explaining this.

Yes I have an M3 ordered for the Sept '08 and the only reason was no S4 or RS5 being available at the time, I only keep a car for a maximum on 8months, that is it. Hopefully by that time the RS5 will be availabe or at least a date will have been confirmed.

Ruergard
November 22nd, 2007, 09:20

Yes I have an M3 ordered for the Sept '08 and the only reason was no S4 or RS5 being available at the time, I only keep a car for a maximum on 8months, that is it. Hopefully by that time the RS5 will be availabe or at least a date will have been confirmed.

Lucky guy! :applause:

Once again congratz on the ride, can't wait for some pics!

EKaru
November 22nd, 2007, 11:02

It doesn't make much financial sense to keep trading expensive cars like that... You must be one rich bastard.

roadrunner
November 22nd, 2007, 11:06
It doesn't make much financial sense to keep trading expensive cars like that... You must be one rich bastard.

...or get gooood buying conditions in the first place - or both... :applause:

doesn' really matter - as long leadie keeps us posted and entertained :cheers:

Leadfoot
November 22nd, 2007, 11:40

I have my reasons which don't need to be aired here. But if you think I am rich then you must reckon Ricky is a Billionaire.

JavierNuvolari
November 22nd, 2007, 13:39
Leadie, great news for you mate. Look forward to see some photos of that beauty, as well as some videos. Chrismas time huh?, that's one big ass holiday gift!!!!

Cheers

Leadfoot
November 22nd, 2007, 13:43
Leadie, great news for you mate. Look forward to see some photos of that beauty, as well as some videos. Chrismas time huh?, that's one big ass holiday gift!!!!

Cheers

Yeah, I'm hoping they will loan me some trade plate so I can leave the car reg until the new year, they did it before the last time I got a car at christmas but that was a couple of years ago.

KresoF1
November 22nd, 2007, 16:56
Congrats Leadie!

BTW, your M3-manual or M DCT?

Leadfoot
November 22nd, 2007, 17:39
Congrats Leadie!

BTW, your M3-manual or M DCT?

I haven't decided as yet, from what I was told if I you for the DCT M3 I will not get it for Sept, that's if it comes out in June/July as the saleman expects, so chances are I will stick to the manual.

I was thinking of Sparkling Grey as it will look most like the old CSL.

+44 Dave
November 22nd, 2007, 19:07
I would love to be in your position of buying my cars new but i prefer to pick them up second hand and buy bigger :hihi:

Your S5 should be a dream, especially with your specification, thats one thing i miss buying cars second hand. And the M3 will be something else, hopefully there will be a comparison come September, as i'd trust your opinion probably more than most, as your not a journalist.

I'm looking at another toy right now, but i have no idea what route to go. Thought about getting a Phateon to replace my A8. Or maybe keep the A8 and buy something smaller and maybe italian :hahahehe: (Maserati Grandturismo or a used Gallardo.)

But i will definately look forward to hearing about your journey with the S5 and M3. And RS5 to the future.

:cheers:

Leadfoot
November 22nd, 2007, 22:38
I would love to be in your position of buying my cars new but i prefer to pick them up second hand and buy bigger :hihi:

Your S5 should be a dream, especially with your specification, thats one thing i miss buying cars second hand. And the M3 will be something else, hopefully there will be a comparison come September, as i'd trust your opinion probably more than most, as your not a journalist.

I'm looking at another toy right now, but i have no idea what route to go. Thought about getting a Phateon to replace my A8. Or maybe keep the A8 and buy something smaller and maybe italian :hahahehe: (Maserati Grandturismo or a used Gallardo.)

But i will definately look forward to hearing about your journey with the S5 and M3. And RS5 to the future.

:cheers:

Thanks mate,

I have always tried to be objective when discussing cars, brands etc. I know I am fortunate to be in the position I am in and I love cars, I got to drive numerous ones over the years of all makes and models but over the years one brand has always pulled on my heart strings and that has been Audi. I have had two Beemers in the past and I recalled saying on the site that one in particular was a brilliant car, the 5 series (last model) but for some unknown reason I just couldn't warm to the thing, probably to young for such a mature car. As for the M3 I promise to post as many photos as possible (by that time I should have mastered it) and will give an objective opinion on the merits of it compared to the S5.

As for your dilemma on which to pick, the Phateon is a brill car, if anything the sense of occasion while driving it is even better than the A8, more similar to an old Bentley than the sportie appeal that is the A8. But do you really need either of them when you have a RS6 which isn't a kick in the arse off their size, so I reckon the little Italian number would be nice. Though be careful as both will cost you a bomb to maintain compared to something German, if it was me I would go for a 993Turbo or a 996 Carrera 4S and save the heart ache.

P.S.
Who said I wasn't a journalist.

Only joking.;)

AndyBG
November 23rd, 2007, 00:45
...I'm looking at another toy right now, but i have no idea what route to go. Thought about getting a Phateon to replace my A8. Or maybe keep the A8 and buy something smaller and maybe italian...

Firstly, Phaeton, I just love it ! It has that something and with 6.0 W12 engine or 5.0 V10 TDI it is something special.

When it comes to smaller, try something german :hahahehe: , Porsche 996/911 turbo, turbo S or GT2..., succes, guaranteed ! :thumb:

RussianM3_dude
November 23rd, 2007, 13:49
I can guarantee you will like the M3 more then the S5... but that's a no-brainer really.

Leadfoot
November 23rd, 2007, 15:17
I can guarantee you will like the M3 more then the S5... but that's a no-brainer really.

You're probably right, but then again the same will probably to true of the M3 compared to the RS5...another no-brainer. :hihi:

RussianM3_dude
November 23rd, 2007, 16:09
Or a CSL compared to the RS5...

Leadfoot
November 23rd, 2007, 17:15
Or a CSL compared to the RS5...

I thought you understood why I had even considered the M3 in the first place. Let me recap, the new M3 drives more like an Audi now and is less extreme than before and all the better for it, that is why I chose one..........so as to your above comments, sorry but I would never consider the CSL over the RS5 as the thing will be too extreme for me.

RussianM3_dude
November 23rd, 2007, 18:58
The next CSL is said to be more of a "super" M3. Much more of an everyday car.

Audiphile
November 23rd, 2007, 20:13
:bow:
Hi guys,

:wo: :rotflmao: :jlol: :dig: :p :dance: :trash: :D :lovl: :music: :incar: :race: :love2: :applause: :burnout: :cheers:

Congratulations! :applause: :thumb:

MihokS5
November 24th, 2007, 16:18
Leadfoot, I'm assuming yours is Sprint Blue? I have a Sprint Blue/black coming in the week of Christmas too. I'm have H&R springs and 20" BBS wheels ready to roll when it arrives

HKS786
November 24th, 2007, 16:20
Leadfoot, I'm assuming yours is Sprint Blue? I have a Sprint Blue/black coming in the week of Christmas too. I'm have H&R springs and 20" BBS wheels ready to roll when it arrives

Nice!! you'll have pics up I assume? :hahahehe:

Leadfoot
November 24th, 2007, 16:49

Yeah, Sprint Blue with black leather and carbon trim, though I won't be changing anything else. What Audi have done with the car is good enough for me as I would hate to destroy the ride the car has already.

Like HKS786, I look forward to the pictures to compare which BBS 20" look with my colour.

Z07
November 24th, 2007, 18:38
Andy mate, I'm f@cked if I know how to posted pics on the site. I can do ones from the Internet but not from my own hard-drive.

What a dick I am.
1. http://www.imageshack.us

2. Click Browse.

3. Click the arrow pointing down in the box that appears.

4. Select Local Disk C: or equivalent and navigate to wherever you put them.

5. Click Open.

6. Click 'host it'.

HKS786
November 24th, 2007, 18:44
^^^

Yeah that's pretty much it ;) After you "host it" it gives you various links. There is the direct link which looks just like any normal website. If you post them up we'll have to click on the links to view the images.

There's also the links with "[IMG]" tags around them. If you post them up we'll see the images in your posts. Or you could just click "Insert image" when you're posting the pics and paste the direct links (one at a time) in the box that will pop up. That will do the same job as pasting the links with tags around them ;)

RussianM3_dude
November 25th, 2007, 12:02
I use photobucket.

Leadfoot
November 25th, 2007, 12:44
Thanks for the advice. Will try myself first and if I can't do it don't expect a post from me for at least two weeks until I have built up the courage to ask for help. :snow:

RussianM3_dude
November 25th, 2007, 14:07
Just create a photobucket account, I find it the easiest to use.

HKS786
November 25th, 2007, 14:31
Just create a photobucket account, I find it the easiest to use.

Photobucket is the best and I use it too. Trust me it's simpler than you think ;)

Leadfoot
November 25th, 2007, 15:06
Photobucket is the best and I use it too. Trust me it's simpler than you think ;)

And pray how do I do that.:vhmmm:

+44 Dave
December 9th, 2007, 20:35
How soon, is soon now Leadie?

I went yesterday to drive a 911 (997) turbo with regards to buying one. Have been scouring the web looking for the perfect one, and this one is almost there.

Photos up soon. I want it in my driveway before christmas :love2:

Leadfoot
December 9th, 2007, 21:04
How soon, is soon now Leadie?

I went yesterday to drive a 911 (997) turbo with regards to buying one. Have been scouring the web looking for the perfect one, and this one is almost there.

Photos up soon. I want it in my driveway before Christmas :love2:

Touchy subject, :vgrumpy:

My car missed the deadline by two days for a Christmas delivery, instead of build week 48 which would have secured the late December delivery it missed by two days and fell into week 49 which because of the holiday period means early January delivery (maybe as late as the second week).

AndyBG
December 10th, 2007, 01:49
...I went yesterday to drive a 911 (997) turbo with regards to buying one. Have been scouring the web looking for the perfect one, and this one is almost there.

Photos up soon. I want it in my driveway before christmas :love2:

Excellent move ! :thumb:

Congrat's !

+44 Dave
December 10th, 2007, 17:50
Touchy subject, :vgrumpy:

My car missed the deadline by two days for a Christmas delivery, instead of build week 48 which would have secured the late December delivery it missed by two days and fell into week 49 which because of the holiday period means early January delivery (maybe as late as the second week).

Feel sorry for you. Typical thing to happen really. I expect you would have wanted it for over the christmas period, or just as soon as possible really.

By the way my photos will be up here in about an hour of the 911 i drove, i'm just not sure to take it or not. I was after one with a brown/grey or cream interior and this one has black, but its the perfect colour so i'm not sure...

Leadfoot
December 10th, 2007, 18:24
Feel sorry for you. Typical thing to happen really. I expect you would have wanted it for over the christmas period, or just as soon as possible really.

It an silly thing to even be complaining about when you really think about it, at least I am getting a new car and it is only 1 or 2 weeks extra wait.

By the way my photos will be up here in about an hour of the 911 i drove, i'm just not sure to take it or not. I was after one with a brown/grey or cream interior and this one has black, but its the perfect colour so i'm not sure...

The 997tt is one hell of a machine and even if the GTR has the equal of it in performance it will always be a Nissan and never be the equal of a Porsche. As for the inside colour, two interior colours I love in Porsches are Coco Brown and the Terracotta colour they have. You forgot to say which exterior colour the car was.

+44 Dave
December 10th, 2007, 20:16
The 997tt is one hell of a machine and even if the GTR has the equal of it in performance it will always be a Nissan and never be the equal of a Porsche. As for the inside colour, two interior colours I love in Porsches are Coco Brown and the Terracotta colour they have. You forgot to say which exterior colour the car was.

Here are some pictures of the exterior. Its a dark blue, but with a purple sort of highlight in it which makes it stand out quite a bit. Very nice exterior colour in my opinion. But the interiors are very rare in the light colours on the second hard market. Virtually 98% is black/grey.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/kiladave/991turbo5.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/kiladave/991turbo1.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/kiladave/991turbo2.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/kiladave/991turbo4.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/kiladave/991turbo3.jpg

rubyblack
December 10th, 2007, 20:17
I have just dribbled a little bit!!!!!!! :bow: :thumb: Lovely car there matey...:thumb:

Oh and forgot to mention..... DO IT!!!!!

+44 Dave
December 10th, 2007, 20:19
Interior is as follows, black/grey, with red stiching, which matches with the red seat belts and brake callipers.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/kiladave/911turbo7.jpg

+44 Dave
December 10th, 2007, 20:35
This is the "natural brown leather." Very rare to find on a second hand model though.

http://www.europeanspeed.com/1_31/natural%20brown2.jpg
http://www.europeanspeed.com/1_31/natural%20brown2.jpg%5B/IMG%5BIMG%5Dfile:///F:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVIDM%7E1.DEN/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

Leadfoot
December 10th, 2007, 21:31
Dave,

Jump at it, man it's beautiful. That blue really does suit the car and the black interior will stand up to the abuse, I like the red stitching that matches the seat belt.:thumb:

Rutkowsky
December 10th, 2007, 21:59
Hi guys,

Congratulation!! i only just seen your thread.. it doesn't matter it will be late, as long as it gets there to you!!

Leadfoot
January 1st, 2008, 14:09
I'm kind of hoping that the dealer will be ringing me this week to say 'your car's here'. :jlol:

But only if my luck improves. :vgrumpy:

RXBG
January 1st, 2008, 18:12
I'm kind of hoping that the dealer will be ringing me this week to say 'your car's here'. :jlol:

But only if my luck improves. :vgrumpy:

what car are you getting? an S5?

tvrfan
January 1st, 2008, 18:17
nice car !

Leadfoot
January 1st, 2008, 20:29
what car are you getting? an S5?

Yeah a S5 just like the one Qisha posted to show me what I am waiting for.

There's the link (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116310&postcount=1) to those photos. :thumb:

KresoF1
January 1st, 2008, 20:54
That car is on sale in Germany-Here! (http://vtp.audi.com/agwb/controller.do?act=offer&sid=1&selfAction=&tab=&sortBy=&sortOrder=&page=&v=0&ixList=9&notepad=&lines=&compare=&ixCheck=)

Leadfoot
January 1st, 2008, 21:00
That car is on sale in Germany-Here! (http://vtp.audi.com/agwb/controller.do?act=offer&sid=1&selfAction=&tab=&sortBy=&sortOrder=&page=&v=0&ixList=9&notepad=&lines=&compare=&ixCheck=)

But it's hardly much use to me being LHD and the speedo in km/h.

KresoF1
January 1st, 2008, 21:05
Agree. But, that was not my point...

BTW Leadie, what color of of these three would be good choice for S5: Misano Red Pearl Effect, Imola Yellow or Papaya Orange? All colors are from Audi Exclusive list... Interior-Black leather.

Leadfoot
January 1st, 2008, 22:41
Agree. But, that was not my point...

BTW Leadie, what color of of these three would be good choice for S5: Misano Red Pearl Effect, Imola Yellow or Papaya Orange? All colors are from Audi Exclusive list... Interior-Black leather.

I love the S5 in Red so I reckon it would have to be Misano Red.