PDA

View Full Version : anyone done intake plenum spraying?

peiserg
November 20th, 2007, 21:33
just put 100 octane into the car for grins. feels like another 40-50 hp....this without a chip or anything. this crap ass 91 octane plus 85 degree days sucks!!!

anyhoo, i'm having the OCT chip put in next week by the local rs6 guru. he was the audi master tech rs6 dude till he went out on his own. I was discussing with him, and he thinks an aquamist setup would work great. I'm not talking about bumping the boost, just lowering intake temps 30-50 degrees so i can run max timing all the time and not have to put in the $6.89/gal 100 octane.

I'm drooling already. OCT (please let it work please please please please), plus my milltek DP/exhaust plus the water/alcohol spray...

:revs:

anyone here done intake plenum spraying? not with nitrous.

Klint
November 20th, 2007, 23:35
Currently under going tests (second day today) with an aquamist on a 550hp B5 RS4.

Currently using H2o to test the set-up and system parameters more than anything as there's fail safes everywhere. We're only seeing a ten degrees celcius drop in intake temp at the moment. Low 40s without to low to mid 30s with, when outside airtemps around 8 degrees C. However bigger drops in intake temp. can be expected from warmer climates

Hy Octane
November 20th, 2007, 23:58
Only with my wife.

John DNA
November 21st, 2007, 01:14
just put 100 octane into the car for grins. feels like another 40-50 hp....this without a chip or anything. this crap ass 91 octane plus 85 degree days sucks!!!

anyhoo, i'm having the OCT chip put in next week by the local rs6 guru. he was the audi master tech rs6 dude till he went out on his own. I was discussing with him, and he thinks an aquamist setup would work great. I'm not talking about bumping the boost, just lowering intake temps 30-50 degrees so i can run max timing all the time and not have to put in the $6.89/gal 100 octane.

I'm drooling already. OCT (please let it work please please please please), plus my milltek DP/exhaust plus the water/alcohol spray...

:revs:

anyone here done intake plenum spraying? not with nitrous.

With higher octane fuel the adaptation system has up to an 8% change allowable, intake temps always an issue hence the gains provided by the larger intercoolers available. Boost is not at optimum though so more gains there also.

RS6 POWER
November 21st, 2007, 12:24
Here is the link to the kit; http://www.snowperformance.net/

Regards,
Manuel

PS: I am doing the install next week!!!

ruxprncd
November 21st, 2007, 13:06
Manuel, keep us posted on all the details! Very interested in your results.

ruxprncd
November 21st, 2007, 13:29
Only with my wife.

Hy Octane, if you try that with your RS6 be sure to get some dyno results ;)

itchingtogo
December 4th, 2007, 15:12
Would love to here the results.

peiserg
December 4th, 2007, 21:16
well was supposed to go get OCT done today but work interfered. will drop off car tomorrow. the h2o and methanol intake spray shoyld not be far off.