PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Audiphile

Carl Lassiter
November 19th, 2007, 23:04
So I just got off the phone to Trent at Pacific and I'm number 7 on the list for the RS6 sedan, which he thinks is likely to be here within 12 months. $1000 deposit. I'm number one at Keyes, but what you said about Pacific made me think that I should go with them as they get their cars quickly. Also, Trent seems to really have a passion for the S/RS line.

The sales guy who took my deposit was Julio, and he seemed clued up also.

I got my deposit back from Beverly Hills Audi as they were extremely rude to a frind of mine who was going to buy an S6. They tried to tell him it was going for $10k over list which is insane as S6's can be had at under list so to try and grab a mark up is more disgraceful than it is even for an in-demand car. The short sightedness of many dealers staggers me as this friend (and me) could have become very good customers.

Sorry for the rant. I had to act by placing a deposit with Pacific as I was driving my friend's M5 yesterday and it tempts me everytime I do so. However, I know that in a years time I'd be kicking myself so I've just got to be patient.

Fingers crossed a) the beast comes b) that the titanium 20s (and 16.5" ceramics) will be offered as I like to keep my cars stock.

Again, it's great to have found this board. If I seem to be slow in replying it's because my log in will not work too often. I contacted Eric via e-mail but he couldn't work out the problem so hopfully it'll fix itself.

Nick
(Carl Lassiter is my random screen name)

crespo
November 20th, 2007, 02:07
Good luck with that. I hope you keep us updated!

Audiphile
November 20th, 2007, 02:21
Anytime Nick. I am glad that I was of help. I try to help fellow Audi owners as I see us as a family. I am glad you had a chance to talk to Trent. You will find him very friendly, committed, and passionate about Audi. Same goes for most of the sales force there. I do not know this Julio, but like I said I never deal with the sales associates anymore. I am on the RS6 list as well. Don't know what number, but I generally get my pick. Talk to Chris as well when you have chance. Great guy too.

I am sorry to hear about your friend's experience at Beverly Hills regarding the S6. Hopefully, the experience won't deter him from getting a S6. It is an amazing car! Tell him to call Trent or Chris and that Richard sent him. They'll do the rest. No wonder Audi is purchasing both Beverly Hills and Santa Monica Audi dealerships back from the owners. They too are fed up with them I hear. Audi is in the planning stages to build a terminal style mega-Audi dealer in Santa Monica and leasing it to a dealer franchise. Pacific Audi is one of the interested parties, so that is how I know.

Your friend should contact Audi and let them know about his experience. It is very important that Audi knows these type of behaviours go on. I can have hime contact my dedicated A8L W12 Concierge at AoA who would be interested in the bad experience your friend had.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with...and resist the dark side! - no M5. Let me know if you want to visit PA and I'll be glad to introduce you to the gang. My name is Richard by the way.

Carl Lassiter
November 20th, 2007, 03:55
Richard,

I forgot to mention that it took my friend Josh three months to get his deposit back. He was dead set on buying the car until they tried to treat him like he had a single figure IQ. Bev. Hills Audi didn't even argue the vaidity of his claim it was that they just kept saying they had "forgotten" whenever he called. The S6 is certainly a beauty. I have another friend, though not a close one, who went from M5 ("too rough) to the S550 ("too boring) to the S6 which he says is "just right." However, Josh can't be convinced on an Audi now and is deciding between the CL63 or Cayenne Turbo. I'll make sure to tell him to make a complaint though as that is one dealer I've never been made to feel welcome by either.

I would love to take you up on your offer to introduce me to the guys at PA nearer the time of delivery. It woud be a pleasure to meet you I'm sure. It's amazing that I've been waiting for this car since late 2005. I can barely wait to hear the news that it is definitely coming. The pre-Frankfurt release of the statistics was a boon but makes the wait even tougher. Having this PA receipt in my hand will certainly help me sleep more soundly for now.

I heard about this mega-dealership that is being built. It's a gentleman called Ehran who was previously boss of Lamborgini North America behind it, I believe. I do not know him personally but have friends that do. However, I thought it was going to be built in Woodland Hills so that shows that I'm not too well informed on this.

I always buy my cars outright so I hope that will help with avoiding anyone trying to mark up from MSRP. My black/black 2006 S4 which I'll be trading in is in mint condition so they'll be getting a good deal there.

I'm sure you're higher up the list than number 7-not that it would matter with your history with Audi. Amazing brand loyalty right there not to mention impeccable taste. I must say, the build quality, AWD and overall image given by driving an Audi (especially an S/RS) is second to none. You may well get the first one in SoCal- now that would make quite the thread.

You're quite right that I should avoid the dark side. I know I wouldn't be entirely happy jumping ship. The M5 would only sate me if the worst happened and AoA took leave of their senses and didn't bring the RS6 over here. Plus my girlfriend drives a BMW ('05 X5) and quite a few of my friends so I like flying the Audi flag.

Again, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for all your help and fingers crossed that in 10 months time we both have the new babies in our garage.

Sincerely,

Nick

Carl Lassiter
November 20th, 2007, 03:58
Good luck with that. I hope you keep us updated!

Thank you. I will make sure to do that. Likely won't know anything for a while but will check in with the two dealers in January/February if I haven't heard anything more.

Audiphile
November 20th, 2007, 22:20
Hi Nick,

Maybe Audi is building two mega-dealerships. I mean Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills is another dealer I'd wipe out if I were AoA. A great missed opportunity for Audi in that area because of the crap that is Auto Gallery in terms of how they support Audi. But, I do hear there is some movement out there, so you may be right. Let's hope so. Two big dealerships would be awesome! And better yet, not far from me.

Just let me know when you want to visit the guys at PA, and I'll take care of it. It would be good idea to meet them before your precious arrives. You are right, I might be the first with the RS6 here in LA, but you never know. Other dealers are ordering cars without actual customers like Keyes Audi has done with several R8s recently. They have a Daytona Grey available for immediate purchase - no waiting - as they ordered several R8s without deposits. Of course they are adding something like a $35,000 plus premium on them. A nice game they play. At this level, I like my Audis they way I want them. It took me 5 months to get the A8L W12, so patience is no problem for me. The RS6, if it comes, I want it a certain way as well. I did the same thing with my S6.

Let's exchange e-mails and keep each other posted.

DuckWingDuck
November 20th, 2007, 22:24
When you're spending that sort of money, I think it's important to be patient and get the car precisely the way you want.

Carl Lassiter
November 21st, 2007, 00:48
Richard- PM sent.

I'll make sure that we stay in touch so we both know exactly what's going on.

Quite a coincidence that you are none too fond of the Auto Gallery. Just to let you know, it is not only Audi where the problem lies. I bought a 12,000 mile 996 from them back in 2004. I normally buy new but thought I'd take the chance. I verbally agreed the deal with the salesman, Mike McGinty, that they would put new tires on. However, when it came to picking up the car (bare in mind they had already cashed my check) the guy who signs off on the deals said "sorry, no new tires." There was quite the hullaballoo and my salesman left the dealer shortly thereafter as he was embarassed and said this had happened before. I took the car but vowed to stay away from those guys. Under new management, I could be persuaded to return, but things like that leave such a sour taste.

Wow, a $35k mark up on the R8 is the most ridiculous thing I've heard since I went to Calstar in Glendale early last year and they tried to flog me an E63 AMG for 20k over list. Unsurprisingly, I still drive my Audi.

Hopefully a similar situation will not arise with the RS6. I know at Keyes they kept calling me on one of the many RS4's they had for $5k over list but within a couple of months they said list was acceptable. However, I told the manager, Sam, it would be a waste of my money regardless as my heart was set on the RS6.

I must say, Daytona gray/black is my first choice for the RS6, though pearl black/black would also do. The only aftermarket necessity will be to black out the chrome on the grille surround, window surround and exhaust tips. A friend in England has his RS4 like that and it looks wonderful. It will be the first time I have altered the look of one of my cars post-purchase but I think it will look very classy with the titanium-finish wheels (which I'm willing to poweder coat if we don't get them).

By the way, I bet the A8L W12 is just sublime. A rare and amazingly luxurious vehicle.

DuckWingDuck- I agree, it is important to have a car just right in this price range. However, as the RS6's that arrive here will all be pre-ordered one may have to make the odd exception. I don't mean that I'll be taking a pink one, but just that forgoing the exact spec. may be necesary on something minor like i-pod integration or gray vs. black etc.

Hi Nick,

Let's exchange e-mails and keep each other posted.

DuckWingDuck
November 21st, 2007, 01:09
In my mind, that's the whole point of getting on "the waiting list" is the ability to talk to the dealership about what they are going to order and get some level of customisation....

Carl Lassiter
November 21st, 2007, 02:13
In my mind, that's the whole point of getting on "the waiting list" is the ability to talk to the dealership about what they are going to order and get some level of customisation....

I understand exactly what you're saying. However, from my conversation with PA they said it was most likely they'd order a bunch fully loaded and they'd be taken on a first come first serve basis. ie. if #1 doesn't want the first one then #2 would have next option. Maybe this is because RS models are limited compared to Ms and AMGs.

Again though, at this point much of it is guess work. As obsessed as I sound, I have already scoured the brochure posted by Erik and decided on how I want my car to be. What is available in Europe and the States can be very different though so I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Regardless, my hope is that in Spring I will be able to confer with the dealer and get my exact car ordered.

Audiphile
November 21st, 2007, 03:22
That's good to know Nick regarding how PA is going to order their block of RS6s should they become available. I have already stated the way I want mine, so if the RS6 sedan does become available here, then I will have a special order done ahead of all orders as PA will order my Precious ahead of the game as soon as they know (generally, this is how they do it for me). My S6 came shortly after release in the US because I told PA ahead of how I wanted it. Actually, Trent spent some time working with AoA putting my S6 in the front-line of production. I have been told by Audi through Pacific Audi, that if I order an Audi then it is placed ahead of most orders at Audi AG. I am on somekind of VIP list at Audi AG in Germany. I like that Audi takes care of its loyal customers in that way. I am just glad that I have found such an amazing dealer and customer care.

Anyway, I have requested my RS6 as follows: It will go through Audi Exclusive at quattro GmbH again if the sedan does come here.

Ibis White (As we all know white is the new black)
20" Titanium-finished Wheels with machine-style coating
Burgandy Interior with black trim/outline(black dashboard, handles, trim outlines)
Leather Dashboard in black
...and all possible options. A must have is the Solar Sunroof (one of the best features Audi has). I am always surprised that they never advertise this feature. I'm surprised Lexus hasn't copied this feature yet and claimed it as their own as they are good at doing.

I am sorry about your experience at Auto Gallery. I have never liked them. I mean why would I buy a premium car like Audi from a trailer. I always refer to Auto Gallery as Trailer Trash. They screwed up my 2002 A4 3.0Q Avant by not putting a cooling hose back resulting in coolant leakage that I did not notice. I could smell the coolant. I took it to them and they claimed it was somekind of pipe that was bad and how disaterous it was and so forth. They kept the car for 5 days. The problem continued after picking up the car from them as I could still smell the coolant. I took it to PA who noticed that the coolant hose was never properly reattached by Auto Gallery in the first place. They could never explain why they (AG) held the car for 5 days.

Yes, the A8L W12 is a pleasure to drive. It's like my own private sitting room. I love to go there and relax. I just pull out my bottle of wine from the rear refrigerator in the rear pass-through and have a nice glass of red wine (the W12 comes with its own two glasses). If I am up to it, I'll watch a movie on the rear entertainment DVD system and get a massage at the same time from the seats. Who needs to go to a spa! :) Too me the S600:vhmmm: and 760iL :boring:(and the LS600h :noshake: ) are a running joke compared to an A8L W12:wo: :thumb: .

I agree the point of a waiting list is the ability to order your car as you want and get in a timely manner.

PS> Ben, can you get your guy to get an S6 banner set-up!

DuckWingDuck
November 21st, 2007, 04:29
Richard my man, that's how you do it! First in line to get a ride though :D

Audiphile
November 21st, 2007, 04:47
Richard my man, that's how you do it! First in line to get a ride though :D

Your are number #1 on the list!:) And then some beers after the ride.:cheers:

Carl Lassiter
November 22nd, 2007, 20:55
First of all, a very happy thanksgiving to all those on the board.

Richard,

Very nice spec. Mine is as follows, though unlike you I have not had the opportunity to formally request this:

09 RS6 sedan
Daytona Gray/black
Carbon Fiber

20” Titanium finish wheels
Ceramic Brakes
DSCIII (though I think this is standard)
Blacked out window surround, grille and tailpipes
Ventilated front seats
Bang&Olufsen stereo
Solar sunroof
Full leather
Sports exhaust?

Funny you mention the solar sunroof, as I read up about it a couple of weeks back and it sounds wonderful. Another "must have" is ventilated seats. Nothing more embarassing than wearing a pale blue shirt to a meeting after a long drive. I don't know if the black optics pack will be offered but fingers crossed. The only one I'm not sure I want is the sports exhaust as I don't know if it would change the look and I prefer the RS dual oval pipes to the round quad pipes of the S models.

The leather you speak of on the dash, is that similar to the full leather pkg on the M5 or is it because you want it in a specific color?

Your choice of white is undoubtedly a good one. The show car Avant in Frankfurt looked amazing in that color. The way Audi are treating you is just the way it should be and it's nice to know there is some old fashioned service still in existence.

A shame about the A4 3.0 fiasco at the Auto Gallery. Not surprised though and you're quite correct to term the place a "trailer." The best form of punishment is to take our combined $250,000 to another place and maybe, just maybe, the penny will eventually drop if others refuse to treated so badly.

I have only seen a handful of W12s on the road. Coming back from Santa Barbara last year I followed one in a particularly fetching shade of dark blue. It looked stunning and that was without even seeing the opulent interior.

All I can say is that if the RS6 drives like a faster, more spacious RS4 then we will have the king of the road. "Precious" is the most apt word to describe how we will feel about it and the amazing work done by Quattro GMbH in making the RS4 focused yet still perfect on everday roads is certainly a great omen.

Audiphile
November 23rd, 2007, 19:12
Thanks for reminding about the other options I need to still consider. Ceramic brakes hopefully will be an option - a must on this beast! Regarding the ventilated seats, I hope it is an available option. However, the S6 does not come with ventilated seating as the seats are not fitted with that option. If AoA decides on utilizing the sames seats as in the S6, then I am not sure that we will have this option. I hope we do as it is great having it in the A8L. Does the S5 have the ventilated seat option as it too utilizes the same Recaro seats as the S6?

- tinted windows all around in black - A must
- dealer "protective" package for paint and interior with once a year reapply
- front clear coat to protect against dings and scratches from pebbles - a dealer option
I'll stay with the RS oval pipes, they are a RS tradition.

The leather package covers all surfaces with leather. In the S6 it covers the dash. A must for cars like the A6 and above. Gives a very high-end luxury look to the interior.

My W12 is also a night blue, so I know the color well. The A8s look beautiful in that color.

Carl Lassiter
November 23rd, 2007, 20:29
This is a useful exercise as it would be highly annoying to forget anything. Apart from occasional use of my girlfriend's X5 this will be my only car so I really need to love it.

I totally agree about keeping the dual oval pipes. Yesterday at Bristol Farms I complimented a guy on his RS4. The compliment was genuine but I did not like the aftermarket quad exhausts he had fitted. Modding a car as focused as an RS is a :nono: for me.

-The leather pkg sounds essential.
-I will be going with tinted all round. It will be a first for me. I heard they come in either dark, medium or light tint. I think I will get light.
-This paint and protection pkg sounds great. How much does that cost and how does it work on the interior?
-Also, is the front clear coat a "clear bra?" I think that would be a nice option but only if it were totaly invisible.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the S5 seats but will look into it- I truly hope we can get the ventilated option but it's not looking good for the reasons you pointed out.

By the way, I have a newsflash for you. Yesterday over red wine and turkey the RS6 got brought up. The table voted unanimously that I should go for white/black. So now I'm in a quandry as I must say the show cars in white did look superb. So Daytona gray/black may now be usurped. At least I've got time to think it through- one benefit of this agonizing waiting.

One of the ladies there said she knew the owner of PA, who is apparantly called Mr Sullivan. Next comes the "I can pull some strings." However, in this city I'm used to taking people's claims at parties with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, we'll see how this develops.

Audiphile
November 24th, 2007, 00:07
Thanks for all the input. The interior and exterior protection run, if I remember, around $600 a year. Basically, you get once year for 5 years a detail job. The good thing about it is if for any reason your seats become stained, under this option, they must either remove the stains completely or replace the seat. It is through Granitize Appearance Protection Plan in South Gate that does that for PA. (562-923-5438 for more info) They warrenty that the paint sealant and leather protector will inhibit damage for a period of 5 years on new vehicles. I like it because it protects my interior more than anything else if it is stained. As for the "bra", it is a clear application that is invisible. The cost is about $900.00 for the front.

I generally tint dark in the back and light in the front. Cops leave you alone that way.

Keep the oval pipes. One should never touch an RS4. Sacrilege I say! I think you will like the white, but the daytona grey is nice as well. I've had several Audis with that and it looks good. That was my second choice before I saw the white on the RS6 in Frankfurt. Plus, I have seen some A4 S-lines that are white with black tinting and titanium finished rims. They look hot! The white on the RS6 will look even better. But you cannot go wrong with either color. Though, with Daytona Grey, I am not sure I would chose a titanium finish for the rim. The rim may get lost because it will blend with the Daytona Grey. Maybe a pure alloy finish. I am not sure.

As for the owner of PA, as far as I know it is no one named Sullivan. It is Jeff LePlant that owns all of the LACarGuy.com dealerships. I've spoken to him several times. I have never heard of a Sullivan. Stick with Chris and Trent and if need be we'll talk with Jeff in the future. I'll check with Trent to see if he knows a Mr. Sullivan. Who knows, could be some higher up in the organization.

Well, let's hope that RS6 sedan does arrive and then we'll have all kinds of choices. I tend to prefer wood to carbon fiber because it is more luxurious to me. I hope the RS6 will have an option of a dark piano finish wood grain to complement the burgundy interior.

Carl Lassiter
November 25th, 2007, 01:13
Ibis white with with burgundy will look fabulous. I also agree that dark piano wood will compliment that interior perfectly. I've only ever had black interiors though so personally will stick with black and carbon fiber whether I go with Ibis white or Daytona Gray.

I'm grateful for the information on the paint protection. Sounds like I may go for a bra on this one too, though it would be a first so I may check one out on a comparable car at a dealer to make sure. Couldn't agree more with the oval pipe debate so don't worry about me defecting on that one!

I too have seen a few white A4 S-Lines and they do indeed look hot. You make a good point that gray with titanium finish wheels may be too much so I'll play it by ear until I know exactly what PA/AoA will be able to offer us in terms of personalisation. On the pictures posted in the thread "an RS6 in person" by carzorp (sp), it looks like the vehicle is not only fitted with the black optics pack but also that the aluminium wing mirrors (which are strangely plastic on the RS4 but that's another matter) are in a titanium finish too as they look to match the wheels. I've never seen that before.

The Avant looks so good so the sedan is destined to look even meaner. I'm looking forward to meeting you and the guys at PA. I just hope we get official word soon. I'm very hopeful though as it makes no sense not to bring the beast over.

Audiphile
November 25th, 2007, 02:47
Yes, the black optic pack is amazing. On a Ibis White RS6 even more so! The mirrors are nice touch, and I hope they do make it over just like that. The exhaust note is awesome, and that's from youtube. Imagine the sound in person.

Keeping fingers crossed, touching wood, avoiding cracks and stepping under ladders, not crossing any paths of black cats, and throwing in some Hail Marys for a good measure. Hopefully, this will bring the Beast to our shores. The more I see that Ibis White Avant, the more I wish Audi would bring the Avant over. That would be my ultimate choice in the RS6. Now that would be one mother $%#^@! grocery hauler! Just let anyone try to get to that empty parking space before me!

mmaturo
November 27th, 2007, 23:17
[QUOTE=Audiphile;114361]

Keep the oval pipes. One should never touch an RS4. Sacrilege I say! I think you will like the white, but the daytona grey is nice as well. I've had several Audis with that and it looks good. That was my second choice before I saw the white on the RS6 in Frankfurt. Plus, I have seen some A4 S-lines that are white with black tinting and titanium finished rims. They look hot! The white on the RS6 will look even better. But you cannot go wrong with either color. Though, with Daytona Grey, I am not sure I would chose a titanium finish for the rim. The rim may get lost because it will blend with the Daytona Grey. Maybe a pure alloy finish. I am not sure.
QUOTE]

Any sport exhaust audi does will have the oval pipes...the current RS6 had black tips for the sport version vs silver for standard...I would assume they would keep that going on the new car.

As for Daytona with titanium wheels it will look awesome...I love it on my car and the color is close. I get a ton of compliments for it and the extra benefit of hiding the brake dust.

Hy Octane
December 3rd, 2007, 19:20
I am sorry to hear about your friend's experience at Beverly Hills regarding the S6. Hopefully, the experience won't deter him from getting a S6. It is an amazing car! Tell him to call Trent or Chris and that Richard sent him. They'll do the rest. No wonder Audi is purchasing both Beverly Hills and Santa Monica Audi dealerships back from the owners. They too are fed up with them I hear. Audi is in the planning stages to build a terminal style mega-Audi dealer in Santa Monica and leasing it to a dealer franchise. Pacific Audi is one of the interested parties, so that is how I know.

Your friend should contact Audi and let them know about his experience. It is very important that Audi knows these type of behaviours go on. I can have hime contact my dedicated A8L W12 Concierge at AoA who would be interested in the bad experience your friend had.

Let me jump in here and say that while BHPA might have a funky sales dept, their service dept is the best in SoCal hands down. I have been to all of the major service bays here and frankly, Paris (sp) at Pacific was unable to detect my wayyy faulty DRC after a test drive and pronounced it perfect. It was later repaired by BHPA as were a few other small things Pacific didnt detect/.
As far as Audi buying back BHPA, not true. The shocking truth is that Porsche is buying Audi.. Thats right.. Its all but a done deal ..they are waiting for govt approval, .. This is a great thing for the customers as the Audi dealerships will be run more like Porsche does which will be a welcome improvement.

Audiphile
December 3rd, 2007, 20:23
I have heard from reliable dealer sources that Audi has taken over BH and SM. Who knows, maybe Audi and Porsche are splitting the franchises apart as Audi plans a stand alone Audi dealer in that area. Could be a transitionary phase. All I know, is that Audi needs a major new dealership in the heart of the Beverly Hills area to capture more of that market for the big Audi sedans and upper Audi lines. In SO-Encino, big Audis and upper Audi lines are everywhere these days in my neck of the woods which boggles my mind considering that you have another low class looking dealer at Keyes and trailer trash like Auto Gallery serving the area. But I am not complaining as long as they get more big Audis on the road.

DuckWingDuck
December 3rd, 2007, 20:42
The Porsche family already "owns" VW which is the parent of Audi so I'm not sure what this whole Audi to Prosche thing is all about...

Audis are blowing up all over the place, I'm not sure if it's because I drive an Audi or what but they are indeed all over the map. Also, they're crazy big in China too!

Hy Octane
December 3rd, 2007, 21:27
Porsche already owns 30% of VW, which includes Audi, Bentley and Seat.. Under German law, they are required to bid for the whole company if they acquire any more, which it is rumored they are wanting to do.

DuckWingDuck
December 3rd, 2007, 21:55
Right, but the implication of the previous post, which admittedly, I may have read wrong, seems to me that somehow Porsche would take Audi away from VW and tuck it underneath the Porsche banner instead?

S6driver
December 3rd, 2007, 21:58
Every dealer has a different policy I guess. The dealer closest to me wants $10,000 up front to order a car, while the dealer I deal with is only 2K. I'm #2 on the RS6 list and #6 on the V10 R8 list. My dealer won't take a deposit on a RS6 until it is actually available. Then I expect to do the same thing I did with my S6, which was the 1st one delivered in CO. As soon as the option list becomes official, I will go down and build the exact car I want. My dealer has confirmed that I will be able to custom order it(if it even exists), and not have to take what the dealer ordered. I was able to do the same with my S6, which by the way I love. Some dealers are cool, some obviously are not, and when you are a serial car buyer like me and others here, its nice to find someone who will take care of you.

My dealer is hopeful that we will see a RS6, but a better dollar to euro exchange rate might be needed. We'll see..

Audiphile
December 3rd, 2007, 22:33
Thanks S6driver. You are right every dealer has different policies. I was able to order my S6 as I wished. It was one of the first S6s in Los Angeles.

Greg, you are right. Porsche can take a majority stake in VW at 51% once the German Law is removed. Porsche is likely to do that at the start of 2008. If I would be a betting guy, it would be a sure bet that Porsche will proceed to take majority stake in the VW Group in 2008. They have put aside funds to do so. There only problem is the VW labor unions, not the Audi ones. However, there is one peculiar situation within the VW Group, and that there isn't a necessarily direct line from parent VW to Audi. Although, VW owns around 95% of Audi shares, Audi trades independently and Audi has the ability to veto VW in regards to itself. I do not no the details, but I read that the reason the Q7 and even the R8 are available is because there was no way for Porsche to kill the Q7 or the R8 due the way the corporate structure of Audi as an independent company is set up within the VW Group. This goes back to the time when VW took over Auto Union in 1965. It is worth more research. Obviously, Porsche as majoritiy stake holder will have a huge influence over the VW Group, but one should not assume that it will completely make decisions over Audi for example although they are the same players now. It is not the same as Toyota over Lexus. Lexus is NOT really a company in any sense of the word as Audi is.

Carl Lassiter
December 4th, 2007, 21:59
Let me jump in here and say that while BHPA might have a funky sales dept, their service dept is the best in SoCal hands down. .

True, the service dept is good but it's quite a pain to get to it right by the 405. Keyes Van Nuys are quite efficient with servicing too. However the BH sales department still sucks, and that goes for the Porsche side of the lot too.

S6Driver- I hope the RS6 will be able to be customized order here too.

Richard, good information there. Good to learn about the history of the brand some more.

As an aside, I was test driving a Cayenne Turbo with 295 tires all round two weekends ago in Pasadena. It was a nice ride. Autocar has it at 4.8secs to 60mph, 11.1secs to 100mph and 4.1secs 30-70mph. With PDCC it handles great too. Now I'm not wavering on my love for the RS6, just setting a back up plan in motion if the worst comes to the worst to ease the pain. Any thoughts on this are welcome (and yes, I do like the looks of the new model!)

DuckWingDuck
December 4th, 2007, 22:22
If you like the Turbo, try the Turbo S. 521 Biturbo!!

Audiphile
December 4th, 2007, 23:47
Nick that is good alternative choice. My back up plan if I choose to execute will be an R8. Although, I will not purchase one until the hype dies down and you can get them at MRSP or so, no $30,000 above sticker or more. Great car, but as they say money can be used for more profitable gains.

DuckWingDuck
December 5th, 2007, 00:16
but as they say money can be used for more profitable gains.

Like a trip to an auto show in Europe!

Or more beer!!

Audiphile
December 5th, 2007, 03:33
Like a trip to an auto show in Europe!

Or more beer!!

Beer:cheers:

or/and (maybe not in that order)...and the two-day Audi Driving Experience with either an RS4 or the new RS6 commencing in Inglostadt and driving through majestic Bavaria north to Zwickau to visit the Imperial Audi Museum also known as the August Horch Museum which is a complex containing the restored factories of pre-WWII Horch and Audis, August Horch's Villa, and some of the most magnificent pre-WWII Auto Unions, Audi, Horches, DKWs, Wanderers, and motor bikes you'll see.

Carl Lassiter
December 5th, 2007, 18:16
If you like the Turbo, try the Turbo S. 521 Biturbo!!

The S is the old body shape and actually tested slower due to poorer aerodynamics. Also, PDCC revolutionizes waht was already good handling putting the new model back to the top of the class. Image isn's as good as an Audi, but I'm itching for something bigger than my S4 and even though I live where we never see rain I'm an AWD fanatic.

Richard- agree on the R8 markup situation. I honestly can't believe it myself. Great car but pure craziness. Get the pints in!

S6driver
December 5th, 2007, 18:40
[quote=Carl Lassiter;115835]The S is the old body shape and actually tested slower due to poorer aerodynamics. Also, PDCC revolutionizes waht was already good handling putting the new model back to the top of the class. Image isn's as good as an Audi, but I'm itching for something bigger than my S4 and even though I live where we never see rain I'm an AWD fanatic.

The Cayenne Turbo is nice. I wanted to get that but my wife went for the ML63 AMG, which I don't like at all. The engine is great, but we have had several problems with it. I'm just not that big of a fan. The Turbo might not be quicker in a straight line, but IMHO drives better than the ML63.

If your looking for something bigger than a S4, how 'bout a S6? Fantastic auto.

Audiphile
December 5th, 2007, 19:20
Richard- agree on the R8 markup situation. I honestly can't believe it myself. Great car but pure craziness. Get the pints in

Pints are ready to go! Good ole' Bavarian of course:cheers: .

Carl Lassiter
December 6th, 2007, 18:46
[quote=Carl Lassiter;115835]The S is the old body shape and actually tested slower due to poorer aerodynamics. Also, PDCC revolutionizes waht was already good handling putting the new model back to the top of the class. Image isn's as good as an Audi, but I'm itching for something bigger than my S4 and even though I live where we never see rain I'm an AWD fanatic.

The Cayenne Turbo is nice. I wanted to get that but my wife went for the ML63 AMG, which I don't like at all. The engine is great, but we have had several problems with it. I'm just not that big of a fan. The Turbo might not be quicker in a straight line, but IMHO drives better than the ML63.

If your looking for something bigger than a S4, how 'bout a S6? Fantastic auto.

The S6 is not a bad shout. I must say my reservation on the Cayenne turbo is that the image is better suited for one of our significant others. My reservation with the S6 is that, unlike you, I won't get the full benfit of the AWD as it never rains here. I know that contadicst what I previously said about AWD but, as childish as it sounds, I want to be able to beat my friend off the lights in his M5 (even if the race is played over a discussion in a bar!). I love the image and overall car though so will certainly keep it right at the top of my backup list. I'm assuming by March we'll know whether or not the beast mkII is coming here.

Audiphile
December 6th, 2007, 23:04
I've got to admit though if the Q7 V12 TDI makes its way to our shores, then the temptation may be too much, especially if it will have an Audi Exclusive Package by quattro GmbH.

S6driver
December 7th, 2007, 04:17
Carl-
I hear ya about the AWD. I live at 8500ft , and the S motored right through 6in of snow this morning. Of course with snows on, but no M5 is making it out my unplowed road in the winter.

Audiphile-
The V12 TDI Q7 is sweet. If that had been available when my wife was looking for her Allroad replacement, we would have gotten one instead of the AMG. Actually we would have loved another 4.2 Allroad, but alas none for us. Let's hope the Beast 2.0 doesn't suffer the same fate.

Carl Lassiter
December 10th, 2007, 06:13
So I think I've finally come to a decision on the color. I'm going for Phantom Black pearl effect. Black will need the black optics pack so I'm praying that is offered. If not, I shall get the chrome on the window frame, front grille and exhaust blacked out aftermarket. ( afirst for me but worry not I shall not tamper with her in any other way!)

I hope we get offered the 20s due to the 275tires (and hopefully ceramic brakes) but wil llikely go for the regular finish on them rather than titanium as I want the wheels and wing mirrors to really stand out in true RS style. Had I stuck for my decision on Ibis White then titanium is the way to go so no doubt it will look stunning, Richard. Our beasts will make quite the contrast.

Now, S6 driver, if the RS6 does not come here, once I stop crying I will likely plump for the S6 which is a beautiful car and a nice step up from the S4. I've decided the Cayenne TT is too brash for me. The M5 remains a dark horse but Audi is just much more "me."

I have just specced up an S6 online. Carbo fiber, solar sunroof, i-pod, rear heat and airbags make it come to $75,555 before discount. A lot of car for the money. One question, does anyone have information or pictures of the driver's side leather dash and whether it is worth it? Oh, also nav is standard so I'm unsure as to the where the value is in the tech pkg and would appreciate enligtenment.

S6driver
December 11th, 2007, 01:43
Right now the AoA website is listing the Nav as part of the Tech package along with Voice Control, Advanced Key, and Park Assist with Rearview Camera. Its definately worth it. I love the rearview camera. I also like Advanced Key system as well.

Carl Lassiter
December 11th, 2007, 17:35
Right now the AoA website is listing the Nav as part of the Tech package along with Voice Control, Advanced Key, and Park Assist with Rearview Camera. Its definately worth it. I love the rearview camera. I also like Advanced Key system as well.

I thought nav was standard as the screen is on all A6 versions is it not.

Carl Lassiter
January 5th, 2008, 03:39
So it seems I have been swayed. I'm looking to tie up a deal Monday to buy an '08 M5. Black/Black fully loaded. The wait and the uncertainty of the RS6 stateside means I'm out. In two years, I may trade but Audi America only have themselves to blame.:vgrumpy:

Oh well, I mjst say I'm excited. I'll post pics if ayone s interested. Quick question. I don't have the time or patience to sell my S4 privately so would you go for trade in at the BMW dealers or sell the S4 back to where I bought it and buy the M5 seperately?

DuckWingDuck
January 5th, 2008, 07:18
You'll probably get more money for it at the dealership where you're buying the car. Rather, they may not give you more money for the car but may take some money off the new car. I.e. net positive.

Carl Lassiter
January 5th, 2008, 23:44
So the M5 is in. Just drove her home now. Fully loaded and got a good price. They offered only an insulting 26k for the S4 so I've kept it but will get rid next week. Keeping the revs under 5k for 1,200miles is going to be so annoying but the wait is worth it. I'll post pics tomorrow or Monday if anyone is interested.