PDA

View Full Version : What are the best tires in the world?Especially for RS4!

SupercarAddict
November 17th, 2007, 19:07
I was always wondering what kind of tyres do an RS4 require to take the best acceleration times ever?!Michelin Pilot Sport 2 or the newly entered Pirelli P-Zero The Hero?!
I want facts, pro's and contra's about this kind of tyres or another tyre maker who is better than this two high performance range of tyres.
I heard that P-Zero The Hero are capable of 370km//230ml/h, but i also had been desperate to know which performs better with RS4 B7?!Because so many magazines, so many different test results than i can't imagine who is lying and who's not or who had the best choice of tyres for the acceleration times for the RS4!
Whit what kind of tyres the RS4 can do 0-100km/h in 4.2s? and 0-200km/h in 15.4s?
If you had this answers for me please respond! I am waiting for an objective answer/s!

AndyBG
November 17th, 2007, 22:18
Michelin...

KK265
November 18th, 2007, 00:27
P Zero Corsa

maybachgt
November 18th, 2007, 03:06
Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are best in the dry. For and all around tire Bridgestone RE-01Rs

Jede
November 18th, 2007, 09:56
Vote for PS Cups also. I also have good experiences with GY Eagle F1 Asymmetric on dry and wet.

AuditudeA642
November 18th, 2007, 16:51
i have p zeros and im doing 0-60 in 4.26. Measured at the track using 1/8 time and 1/8 mile mph. That seems to be very accurate because i got 4.2 with my vag com.

Fab
November 18th, 2007, 17:35
All the stated tires are great. Then it is a matter of choice i.e. what is you priority best on dry, on wet, best allround, etc...

You can't go wrong with any of the above. Then the best for pure chrono time will probably be the Corsa as stated by KKK265 ;)

MR USER
November 22nd, 2007, 09:37
Well spoken FAB!

I like the pirellis as allrounders and I really do not like the michelines as the side shoulder feels to soft for my driving style.... I did not try any of the ultra performance tyres. So far I had 3 sets of pirelli P Zero Rosso. Tyre wear is not too bad.

EKaru
November 22nd, 2007, 15:00
Does anyone have any experience with the new Conti Sport 3s and do they represent an improvement over the old Conti 2s? I know some of the RS4s came with Conti 3s..
Eric...

MrBucket
November 22nd, 2007, 15:25
Does anyone have any experience with the new Conti Sport 3s and do they represent an improvement over the old Conti 2s? I know some of the RS4s came with Conti 3s..
Eric...

I didn't like them at all. Replaced them with 275/30/19 Potenza RE-01R and the difference is huge.

Speedou
November 22nd, 2007, 16:26
My only experience with CS3 is that they have very good wet grip and are very sensitive if the road is bad. So you have to stay awake all the time.

PetrolDave
November 22nd, 2007, 17:48
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 - they last nearly twice as long as Pirelli P Zero Rossos yet provide near enough the same level of grip and feel but only cost about 5% more.

MR USER
November 22nd, 2007, 17:56
I guess that really depends how and where you drive.... I had 22k km on my first set of Pirellis and almost the same on my second. On the other hand my third is going to last no more than half of that if I keep on driving like I did since I got them...

I would not get the michelines since I drove another RS with them on track and I did not like the feeling of them. But once more that is just personal taste!

I read on Evo that the vredestein did good on their tests. I wonder is anyone had a go at them and if they were any nice... my tyre dealer strongly reccomended them but I was too suspicius to get them!

I also looked for the Potenzas but could not find the appropriate size... I had them on another audi and they were really really nice IMHO

maybachgt
November 22nd, 2007, 21:44
Conti3s were some of the worst tires ive used. The squeel like crazy and dont do well on the track at all. But for regular street drive they are fine.

PetrolDave
November 23rd, 2007, 17:38
I guess that really depends how and where you drive.... I had 22k km on my first set of Pirellis and almost the same on my second.
You need to drive harder - it IS an RS4 after all!

In discussions on tyresmoke and RS246 the PS2s come top, with the PZero Rossos a close second and the F1s third (they weren't available for quite a while during the change over from directional to assymetric earlier this year).

Remember you MUST use Extra Load tyres on the RS4 (96Y rating not 92Y rating).

AudiRS6JD
November 24th, 2007, 03:33
I enjoy the Michelin Pilot Sport 2s on my RS6...I'm sure they will provide an RS4 with a great, somewhat sticky, reduced-sound ride as well.