View Full Version : rs6 car with r8 wheels??

troyjgaspard
November 15th, 2007, 03:18
i have ordered some polished aluminum r8 wheels for my rs6 does anyone think that this might pose a safety problem being that my rs6 is a thousand pound heavier than the r8?im just making sure that i aint gonna be in danger doing 160 on the track.

DuckWingDuck
November 15th, 2007, 05:36
only one way to find out!!! haha, I dont think so, I mean the R8 is only a few hundred pounds lighter....

troyjgaspard
November 15th, 2007, 05:42
so u think it will be ok then? the rims only weigh 20.6 lbs each.the lightest i have found yet.not that knocking off 5 lbs per wheel will make a difference but i just liked the wheel and coincedentally they were substantially lighter than my bbs wheels i had on.do u know if i could get some rs6 wheel center caps for these wheels.i was supprised at the price of these wheels.they were 5300 dollars.i could have got some custom made hre wheels for that price.

DuckWingDuck
November 15th, 2007, 07:02
well, weight of the rims doesn't have a lot of correlation with how much weight they are able to handle and you're right, if you're spending $5300, should've just gotten some HREs.

RS6 POWER
November 16th, 2007, 19:53
well, weight of the rims doesn't have a lot of correlation with how much weight they are able to handle and you're right, if you're spending $5300, should've just gotten some HREs.
Very true!!!

aarong
November 16th, 2007, 23:12

I dont understand peoples love affair with HRE. they look tacky and are insanely over priced.

troy: what kind of BBS wheels do you have?

DuckWingDuck
November 17th, 2007, 03:01
I think part of the appeal is that they ARE overpriced. Haha. I personally quite enjoy the way some of them look.

bigh
November 17th, 2007, 15:13
i have ordered some polished aluminum r8 wheels for my rs6 does anyone think that this might pose a safety problem being that my rs6 is a thousand pound heavier than the r8?im just making sure that i aint gonna be in danger doing 160 on the track.

Be sure to post some pics when you get them on the car :jlol:

skiwi
November 17th, 2007, 20:19
i have ordered some polished aluminum r8 wheels for my rs6 does anyone think that this might pose a safety problem being that my rs6 is a thousand pound heavier than the r8?im just making sure that i aint gonna be in danger doing 160 on the track.<br />
<br />

possibly. it would pay to go to the manufacturer with the rs6 specs (assume 58% static weight over the front wheels, perhaps 80% dynamic) and see what they say. they might say you are our on your own.

Kimbo
November 19th, 2007, 00:52
Are you talking about OEM R8 front wheels? If so the load rating is about 166lbs lower than the minimum required for the RS6. They also weigh 30.2lbs not 20.5.