PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Extended Warranties

What'sNext
November 14th, 2007, 23:00
Everyone

I will be taking delivery of a non-dealer (non-CPO) 2003 RS6 on Friday and have been taking a look at extended warranties (the factory warranty expired last month). I was wondering if anyone is using or has experience with any of the aftermarket extended warranties out there. Right now I am looking at Genuine Warranty Solutions out of Las Vegas.

Thanks for your thoughts. I have already gotten a lot of really great information from this board.

Joe

DuckWingDuck
November 14th, 2007, 23:08
If you clicked that magical search button, you would've discovered this thread: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13575

where we chatted about aftermarket warranty providers and Copper recommended Fidelity, who are the actual underwriters of Audi Care. Hope that was helpful to you.

What'sNext
November 15th, 2007, 00:50
If you clicked that magical search button, you would've discovered this thread: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13575

where we chatted about aftermarket warranty providers and Copper recommended Fidelity, who are the actual underwriters of Audi Care. Hope that was helpful to you.

Believe it or not but I actually did that and I found information on exactly one warranty company who has so far given me conflicting information on whether or not they will provide the coverage outside of an Audi dealership.
I was hoping for a bit more personal experience from others, but thanks so much for your help.

DuckWingDuck
November 15th, 2007, 01:11
What exactly are you looking for? Maintenance coverage or warranty coverage because they are different things... And even if you buy your car from a non-dealer/non-CPO, you can still buy Audi Care (i.e. Fidelity that Copper mentioned).

Copper
November 15th, 2007, 15:03
I bought my Fidelity Extended Warranty from a local Hyundai dealership! No need to purchase it from an Audi dealership.

Make sure the policy covers DRC or you will be sorry....

What'sNext
November 15th, 2007, 15:14
I bought my Fidelity Extended Warranty from a local Hyundai dealership! No need to purchase it from an Audi dealership.

Make sure the policy covers DRC or you will be sorry....

I talked to Fidelity again this morning and they have pointed me to the local Acura dealership so I am going to head over there this afternoon.

On DRC...I am sure there are a lot of components that make up this system, but where do the failures typically occur..it sounds like it is within the shocks themselves? This car had one shock replaced a couple of months ago. Their platinum warranty covers DRC...correct?

peiserg
November 15th, 2007, 23:06
I talked to Fidelity again this morning and they have pointed me to the local Acura dealership so I am going to head over there this afternoon.

On DRC...I am sure there are a lot of components that make up this system, but where do the failures typically occur..it sounds like it is within the shocks themselves? This car had one shock replaced a couple of months ago. Their platinum warranty covers DRC...correct?

i was told specifically it did not at audi north scottsdale.

MikeL01
November 16th, 2007, 21:55
Hi Guys,
Believe it or not I purchased an extended warranty from CARMAX and just after the original 30 day warranty ended the DRC system began leaking. I had taken it to them and prepared for a fight, but they were pleasent and took the RS6 to the local AUDI dealer who was more than happy to repair the system at CARMAX's expense ($4K). Before I bought the car, CARMAX replaced all rotors, pads, tires, reconditioned the rims and dings/dents. So I have a 34K mile RS6 for $38K and AUDI has warranty'd the repair. I was not ready for this.
Mike