PDA

View Full Version : finally ordered my car! yeah!

RXBG
November 13th, 2007, 15:41
ice silver

black leather elements

BO

navigation

CF sideblade

premium package

alcantara headliner <---------------- i'm psyched about this one

manual transmission

ETA is february. yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wasn't able to sleep the night after i spec'd it.

:R8:

JavierNuvolari
November 13th, 2007, 15:45
Congrats RXBG!!!:cheers: :thumb:

Erik
November 13th, 2007, 15:49
Congratulations!

We look forward to seeing the pictures.

RXBG
November 13th, 2007, 15:59
i already have a plan for a little production video of it for the delight of all you guys. and remember guys, with hard work, perseverance, and patience anything is possible. i worked my butt off to get this one. so for all of you out there still in school, or working hard to get your dream car CARRY ON!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!

:R8kiss:

Benman
November 13th, 2007, 16:36
BIG CONGRATS!!! I know the feeling. Waiting is now the hardest part! Good luck!:applause:

Ben:addict:

MPT
November 13th, 2007, 17:00
ice silver

black leather elements

BO

navigation

CF sideblade

premium package

manual transmission

Great car. Congrats :) And your spec's are almost perfect IMO (i would have choosen black, but guess that's just a matter of preference).

ETA in February sound VERY fast indeed. How come you can get it this fast ?

May I ask how old you are, and what the price was ?

Kind regards.

RXBG
November 13th, 2007, 17:28
mine is a VIP order. will pay MSRP. i am 33.

RXBG
November 13th, 2007, 17:48
MPT,

i too thought about black and daytona (and monza silver- but it would have added 4- 6 months to my order).

daytona and black had two problems for me. they don't let the gills and blade stand out, and they are what make this car look insane. AND in florida, where 8 months of the year are afflicted by daily downpours followed by intense heat and sunlight, the darker colors would be hell to keep clean and maintain well with frequent washings. black in particular is problematic in florida if one drives it daily because the rain will dry baked on the black paint. and frequent glazing to hide the inevitable swirls is too much work.

Ruergard
November 13th, 2007, 17:58
Congratz!! It's been a long run, and now the hardest part is still to come. ;)

Very nice specification, hoping for a lot of pics on the car when it arrives!

RXBG
November 13th, 2007, 18:03
Congratz!! It's been a long run, and now the hardest part is still to come. ;)

Very nice specification, hoping for a lot of pics on the car when it arrives!

hoping on going to the winter driving school in your country. would've gone this year, but we have a baby girl on the way. mebbe next year! :stick:

Damienr8
November 13th, 2007, 19:46
Congrats man. I know you have been waiting for this for a while!!!

Fab
November 13th, 2007, 20:04
will be a fantastic car I like your setting nice job

The only issue is that you will ahve to seriously think how you will make time pass without getting crazy :D

AndyBG
November 13th, 2007, 20:43
...but we have a baby girl on the way. mebbe next year!...

Congratulations on your car, and much more congrat's and best wishes for your baby girl ! :thumb:

:cheers:

RAMBLER
November 13th, 2007, 21:40
ice silver

black leather elements

BO

navigation

CF sideblade

premium package

manual transmission

Lucky bastard! I went by my local Audi dealer in New Jersey today, and the sales rep told me if I payed the whole thing off today I'd recieve it around 2017!!:vhmmm: :noshake:

RXBG
November 13th, 2007, 23:24
thanks andyBG.

rambler--- i suggest you give a deposit at an auth dealer. in two months you'll regret not doing it. more time will pass. more people on the list.

RAMBLER
November 14th, 2007, 13:13
thanks andyBG.

rambler--- i suggest you give a deposit at an auth dealer. in two months you'll regret not doing it. more time will pass. more people on the list.

Actually I was there to check out the S5, which there's a 90% chance it will be my next sled. While I was there I Asked him about the R8, RS6, RS5, B8 A/S4, A/S7 etc...... NO my friend, my pockets aren't :R8: worthy just yet!:D

Mockenrue
November 14th, 2007, 15:32
Congratulations RXBG, I bet you can't wait! :dance:

Silver with CF sideblades is the best colour combination IMO. I can't wait to see some pictures. I'm not jealous - honest! :bow:

RXBG
December 10th, 2007, 14:28
my car will be getting built in early feb so i will get it in late march/early april. bummer, because i wanted to take it to sebring!

other big bummer is that audi now says i cannot get the CF blades till october. really big upset for me because mine is a VIP order and i thought i'd get dibs on one. i suspect it is a cost issue really, since audi loses big time on the blades given the exchange rates.

this means i'll have to live with the apollo blades. yes, yes, i know- tough life, having an R8 with apollo blades :cry:

anyway. 4 months and counting.

Speedou
December 10th, 2007, 15:57
I think you can change blades later...

Audifan92
December 10th, 2007, 21:14
Congrats :cheers:
Im still waiting for my dads to come in

Duma
December 10th, 2007, 21:23
:R8kiss: :bow:

2FST4CHP
December 11th, 2007, 05:00
I'm excited to hear about your car and I really like the way you spec'd it. I'll also confirm the leather elements package as that sounds very cool. Just a few more months bro... It'll go by very fast.

RXBG
December 11th, 2007, 14:53
Congrats :cheers:
Im still waiting for my dads to come in

i see you're down the street. which dealer in miami did your dad order from and what is his ETA?

Audifan92
December 12th, 2007, 00:25
he ordered it from the collection, in coral gables

RXBG
December 13th, 2007, 16:17
good times!

baby is due same week the R8 gets built. it's just that the delivery service for the baby is much faster than audi's!

:hihi: :lovl:

Leadfoot
December 13th, 2007, 16:40
good times!

baby is due same week the R8 gets built. it's just that the delivery service for the baby is much faster than audi's!

:hihi: :lovl:

Well it does have to live up to the title of the slowest car Audi build. :D

RXBG
December 13th, 2007, 18:58
it's not actually the built part. it's the delivery part!

it has been an emotional roller coaster waiting for this one. really crazy. but just in time, as it seems that prices for the 09 MY cars in the US are set to go up significantly because of the exchange rate. soon after my car is built.

i just really hope that in some way in this world that i can get CF blades!

i am going to be a daily advert for audi in this car. screw the superbowl ;0

MR USER
December 13th, 2007, 22:59
Congratulation on you super super car! You will love every bit of it! It's such a good car! I will be in florida from mid Jan till mid feb and I would be delighted to see it! I will go to Daytona for the 24h at the end of the jan and then skydive in deland for another week or so!

Congrats again!

RXBG
December 14th, 2007, 01:40
car won't be here yet but you're welcome to come down again.

you'll be here at a nice time of the year! let me know if you'd like to go for a drink while you're in town...

YlwBeast
December 14th, 2007, 02:55
First, Congrats on the baby! and Congrats on the :R8kiss: I definitely understand the waiting game. Two very important things that will be life changing experiences.
I too just got confirmation from my dealer that my car should be built by next week (VIN already assigned per sales mgr) and should be at dealership around mid to end of Jan. (Red, black leather, premiumn pkg, Navi, 6spd, BO, CF side blade confirmed :heart: )...Patience grasshopper!! IF what sales mgr says is true:heart: I might bring mine to Sebring!!

RussianM3_dude
December 14th, 2007, 11:39
Well it does have to live up to the title of the slowest car Audi build. :D

As in drive as slow as possible so all the hardbodies notice you. :lovl:

Boosted-Bora
December 14th, 2007, 14:10
Congrats on the baby first of all and also on the new car i know waiting is going to be the hardest part but it will all be worth it once it comes in........ cant wait to see it.

RXBG
December 14th, 2007, 14:27
First, Congrats on the baby! and Congrats on the :R8kiss: I definitely understand the waiting game. Two very important things that will be life changing experiences.
I too just got confirmation from my dealer that my car should be built by next week (VIN already assigned per sales mgr) and should be at dealership around mid to end of Jan. (Red, black leather, premiumn pkg, Navi, 6spd, BO, CF side blade confirmed :heart: )...Patience grasshopper!! IF what sales mgr says is true:heart: I might bring mine to Sebring!!

built end of december and delivered one month later?

that sounds kinda fast. build to delivery times run about 60 days for the R8 (if it is on the east cost- add a week for the west coast). either way. hope you get it asap!

Audifan92
December 14th, 2007, 20:28
RXBG, i think my dads is supposed to come in the end of january
and there was this Audi event in Miami, and they had this R8
Its exactly like the one my dad ordered.
I think its kind of like yours.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/Kareems_2006/KareemsIphoneallthings002.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/Kareems_2006/prom170.jpg

AndyBG
December 14th, 2007, 21:44
Some fine cars are coming to you, you are going to enjoy !

YlwBeast
December 31st, 2007, 18:49
First, Happy Holidays to All!! Hope everyone had a good Xmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate); Hope all is prepared as Erik (stocked!!) for ringing in the New Year...for all members/visitors in Australia and the Eastern World...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
RXBG---definitely can't pull a fast one on any members here wrt delivery. Sorry for the delay, called the dealership last friday to confirm the actual dates:
11/29 - built and factory inspected
12/03 - at port
12/20 - left port
mid Jan - expected to arrive South FL
late Jan - should be at the dealership...just in time for Sebring!!
Again, my apologies...

RXBG
January 1st, 2008, 15:50
ylw- that kicks butt! essentially 60 days from build to delivery. kudos to german organization and logistics when it comes to delivering these babies!

do you and audifan92 know each other? you guys are pretty close to one another.

if it takes 60 days i'll have my car by april 10.

Audifan92
January 1st, 2008, 15:57
RXGB, I made a mistake.
My dads R8 is comeing sooner than I expected
I said Feburary, but when I spoke to my dad and he told me it comes in January!
and now its January!!

Audifan92
January 1st, 2008, 15:57
Its so close!