PDA

View Full Version : Played with an S5

Boosted-Bora
November 12th, 2007, 06:23
So tonight on my way home from a friends house after some good ole drinking and enjoying some football I stopped at a petrol station to fuel up and behold was a S5 the first i have seen on the road. I spoke to him about the car for about 15 mins and he said he loved it. Funny thing is he actually traded a 335xi in on it said that the 335xi was junk compared to the S5 said that the handling on the 335 was a bit sharper but in a straight line the 335 was much much slower and in top end the 335 felt sloppy I was surprised as all the magazines say 335 is King..:hihi: But anyway what made me share this story is he wanted to play a little on the highway when leaving and i must say that that car is impressive and only was beaten by about 6 car lengths at 120 also the car had an amazing mid range cause from about 60-100 you could really see it trying to hold its ground.

None the less I am considering putting in an order since i sold my coupe a year ago or do you guys think i should just hold out for the RS5?

BTW I am keeping the :rs6kiss: I wouldn't sell her for anything :nono:

AndyBG
November 12th, 2007, 10:07
Maybe the best solution would be taking S5 now, and trading it in for RS 5, but if you are not in the possition for that, I say , wait for the RS 5.

:cheers:

DuckWingDuck
November 12th, 2007, 22:37
Nod@AndyBG, I'd agree, if you're REALLY desperate for the Coupe then go for the S5 but I think waiting for the RS5 is the right way to go.

Unless that is, you're also holding out for the RS6, in which case, got a couple hundred grand I can borrow? :D

Boosted-Bora
November 13th, 2007, 04:09
yeahn i guess as you guys say just wait it out for the RS5 I just really want a coupe and the 335 is now off my list........Maybe a CL65....Hmmmmmmmm:MTM:

AndyBG
November 13th, 2007, 11:06
...Maybe a CL65....Hmmmmmmmm:MTM:

Bentley Continental GT Speed... :D

Boosted-Bora
November 13th, 2007, 18:05
yeah C-GT would definatly be nice but I am not to sure about the bently's I would have to take a look into it

DuckWingDuck
November 13th, 2007, 18:25
If you're talking about that price range then there are plenty of options.

RAMBLER
November 13th, 2007, 20:18
I'd snatch up the S5, there's no telling when the RS5 will be arriving!:)

AndyBG
November 13th, 2007, 20:49
yeah C-GT would definatly be nice but I am not to sure about the bently's I would have to take a look into it

Take a look... ;)

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=122518

AndyBG
November 13th, 2007, 21:10
...And some more... :D

DuckWingDuck
November 13th, 2007, 21:52

Andy, thanks for sharing photos of your car! ;)

AndyBG
November 13th, 2007, 23:13
Andy, thanks for sharing photos of your car! ;)

:hihi: :thumb:

RAMBLER
November 14th, 2007, 13:31

Great pic Andy, put if given a choice between the Bentley GT or the CL63 AMG I don't know what I'd take!:0:

DuckWingDuck
November 14th, 2007, 19:04
For my money, I'd go for the CL63.

Rutkowsky
November 15th, 2007, 00:26
So tonight on my way home from a friends house after some good ole drinking and enjoying some football I stopped at a petrol station to fuel up and behold was a S5 the first i have seen on the road. I spoke to him about the car for about 15 mins and he said he loved it. Funny thing is he actually traded a 335xi in on it said that the 335xi was junk compared to the S5 said that the handling on the 335 was a bit sharper but in a straight line the 335 was much much slower and in top end the 335 felt sloppy I was surprised as all the magazines say 335 is King..:hihi: But anyway what made me share this story is he wanted to play a little on the highway when leaving and i must say that that car is impressive and only was beaten by about 6 car lengths at 120 also the car had an amazing mid range cause from about 60-100 you could really see it trying to hold its ground.

None the less I am considering putting in an order since i sold my coupe a year ago or do you guys think i should just hold out for the RS5?

BTW I am keeping the :rs6kiss: I wouldn't sell her for anything :nono:

I'll risk it and say, it was perhaps a bit more than 6 car lenghs? Which makes RS6 a very quick car :rs6kiss: The gap would only increase as the speed builds up, no doubt. 335 is a fast car, just little bit slower to S5, also the comment on 335 being a junk is a bit strange but that guys drives Audi now, talking to another Audi owner so not sure how true that comment was, just IMHO :hihi:

Rutkowsky
November 15th, 2007, 00:28
For my money, I'd go for the CL63.

CL63 "the thing" AMG here too!! :hahahehe:

artur777
November 15th, 2007, 00:42
I don't believe that 335i is much slower than S5. I don't know about 335xi, which is slower than 335i.
But 335i VS S5 - it all depends on the driver and surface quality.