PDA

View Full Version : Do they even know its chipped?

nyrs6
November 11th, 2007, 03:32
Well its been a long time and i want to give an update here.

Well as you can see in my sig we returned the RS6 a while ago :cry:
Eventhough the M5 is more powerful and may handle slightly better my dad still wishes we would have bought off the RS6 instead of the M5 ( you still cant beat the RS6's All around package) We all realy miss it. We are hoping that the next RS6 comes to the US at a decent price so we can join the family again. We still have one audi in the family though.

Well anyway when i looked at carfax on our rs6 it shows that some lucky buyer purchased it from a NJ audi dealer i think jack daniels if i am not mistaken, i always think to myself i am not sure the guy knows what he has. Maybe its someone on the bord i dunno:vhmmm: . But anyway it makes me wonder :jlol: .

Anyway how is the family doing? Erik,nene,audirs6sport,Aronis, and the whole crew from NY/NJ? How are you guys doing? Oh boy i miss this board :hihi: .

Also i finally have my own toy as you can see a VW GTI ( alot of fun for my first new car :jlol: ).

DuckWingDuck
November 11th, 2007, 04:18
Congrats on the GTI, not a bad little toy, and really, better than the current R32 which doesn't even offer manual!!!

I'm assuming that if the dealership didn't choose to CPO it, then surely they must know that it's chipped.

And no disrespect to your dad but the E60 M5 is just UGH!! It might be able to beat our RS6s but it is a bad looking car.

nene
November 11th, 2007, 21:16
We're still here grinding day-in day-out. Glad to see you are still lurking. Continued enjoyment on the M5.

nyrs6
April 1st, 2008, 16:00
What are the chances. I always go thru ebay once in a while. I finally found it. It looks like he put the ECU back to stock though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audi-RS6-RS-6-Excellent-Condition-Fully-Loaded-All-Records_W0QQitemZ120238128794QQihZ002QQcategoryZ15 0108QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Still looks new :jlol:

Oh boy do i miss it :hihi:

ben916
April 1st, 2008, 17:02
When your dad turned the lease return RS6 back, do you remember the mileage?

Aronis
April 2nd, 2008, 14:58
GTI is a nice car, very tweekable to very high horsepower

Drove one when my DRC was out as possible replacement (cheap replacement Lol)

Mike

nyrs6
April 4th, 2008, 18:15
When your dad turned the lease return RS6 back, do you remember the mileage?

The same amount of miles that he said he bought it at. I think 43k and change. We actually had taken 50,000 miles on that lease. But we stopped driving it 6 months before we gave it in because we had the M5.

nyrs6
April 4th, 2008, 18:16
GTI is a nice car, very tweekable to very high horsepower

Drove one when my DRC was out as possible replacement (cheap replacement Lol)

Mike

Yes, that is a downsize. If anything i would get an R32 if i was coming from an RS6 :hihi:

ben916
April 4th, 2008, 21:47
The same amount of miles that he said he bought it at. I think 43k and change. We actually had taken 50,000 miles on that lease. But we stopped driving it 6 months before we gave it in because we had the M5.

The ebay listing has it at 55,000 miles

nyrs6
April 8th, 2008, 22:12
Whats wrong with that?

ben916
April 8th, 2008, 23:51
Whats wrong with that?

Nothing, just asking to see the amount of driving the other guy put on the beast before selling it on EBAY.

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 01:25
[quote=DuckWingDuck;113154]Congrats on the GTI, not a bad little toy, and really, better than the current R32 which doesn't even offer manual!!!

quote]

sorry but where are u from?

the r32 does come in a manual. im from the uk

DuckWingDuck
April 9th, 2008, 01:25
the new R32 offered in the States do not have the manual option.

http://www.vw.com/R32/completespecs/en/us/#/show_all

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 01:26
personally i think thats silly, but if the marketing men want to do that

nyrs6
April 9th, 2008, 02:13
Nothing, just asking to see the amount of driving the other guy put on the beast before selling it on EBAY.

We gave it back in the beggining of september. He bought it in October of 2006 so he has it for about a year and half and only put 12-13k miles on the car. Thats pretty normal. I guess he doesnt drive that much.

Its amazing how Daytona grey cars hold up :jlol:

IMHO the best color on a car available.

DuckWingDuck
April 9th, 2008, 06:40
personally i think thats silly, but if the marketing men want to do that

I wholeheartedly agree. It's blasphemous to have that kind of car without manual transmission. I personally know of three people who didn't buy the new R32 because of the lack of manual transmission.

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 09:55
its also limited to 130mph wtf,

you could import a euro spec, but that would probably be a fortune to do.

DuckWingDuck
April 9th, 2008, 15:54
Well, the speed governor is not a major issue as that's just a flash to resolve.

ben916
April 9th, 2008, 16:33
I wholeheartedly agree. It's blasphemous to have that kind of car without manual transmission. I personally know of three people who didn't buy the new R32 because of the lack of manual transmission.

The R32 should have the option of Auto, Manual or that SMG stuff that BMW has (ok i drove an M3 with that.... on a track it would be good, not so great on the street IMHO).

As far as a car REQUIRED to have manual trans.... Someone missed the boat on the Veyron...