PDA

View Full Version : B8 S4=biturbo

KK265
November 7th, 2007, 20:18
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_3563.shtml

Fab
November 7th, 2007, 20:57
Interesting and probably reliable info from this source. I fully agree that the tuning potential is the big disapointment of the 4.2l NA. As many many people all my past turbo Audis were chipped.

One point makes me wonder : 300hp seems a bit ridiculous. Those are rumours of course but I can't imagine Audi releasing a V6 tt with less power than the 4.2l S4.

UrS6_Driver
November 7th, 2007, 21:34
Yeah that seems like that would defeat the purpose, I mean the S4 is a more direct competitor to the 335i but it will come out almost 2 years later and there for i would expect a healthy 355 hp and near equal if not higher torque

AndyBG
November 7th, 2007, 23:59
We are all ready discousing this ''hot'' theme... :D

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13604

Fab
November 8th, 2007, 07:47
I like to discuss it on both treads ;)

Leadfoot
November 9th, 2007, 13:37
Interesting and probably reliable info from this source. I fully agree that the tuning potential is the big disapointment of the 4.2l NA. As many many people all my past turbo Audis were chipped.

One point makes me wonder : 300hp seems a bit ridiculous. Those are rumours of course but I can't imagine Audi releasing a V6 tt with less power than the 4.2l S4.

Here is the best way of getting your head around what the power/torque will be from this v6 Bi-turbo and your answer is in the form of a question.

How much power and torque would the new S4 require to out perform the old model?

Now remember the this v6 unit should have a wider and stronger torque band so even if it doesn't produce the same or better BHP chances are it won't have to with a stronger torque band. The only thing I do know is it's performance won't exceed the S5.

Unless it too is getting a power hike. :vhmmm: Confused.

ME TOO. :thumb:

AndyBG
November 9th, 2007, 15:21
...Unless it too is getting a power hike. :vhmmm: Confused.

That would be unexpected... IMHO... US market requires V8...

Fab
November 9th, 2007, 20:10
Well we will see this is AGAIN a big question mark/big unknown as Audi is used to do. Each time they release a new model it is :vhmmm: :rolleyes: :brag:

AndyBG
November 10th, 2007, 12:23
... Each time they release a new model it is :vhmmm: :rolleyes: :brag:

And, at the end ... :asian:

Z07
November 10th, 2007, 16:59
It's obviously a 335i competitor but with a 4WD option. I think the move is a good one. The V6 will be slightly lighter than the V8, offer better mpg, better front:rear weight distribution, better torque spread and more tuning potential. They'll probably pitch it around the 350bhp mark as standard just to slightly out-do the 335. Change the ECU and you'll have an RS4/M3-beating engine.