PDA

View Full Version : What comes after the RS6?

Leadfoot
November 5th, 2007, 15:13
I know it's a bit soon, especially as the RS6 hasn't even hit the streets but I was wondering what will be next. Originally I thought the RS5 would come first quickly followed by the RS4 but more recently I am starting to wonder will there be a TT/RS or RS3 first.

Any ideas.

RXBG
November 5th, 2007, 15:35
RS5, then the RS4. that will take you into 2010.

until the rumored new quattro gmbh assembly line is completed things won't come any sooner.

forget about an RS TT. i am starting to believe that the hi po version of the TT won't carry either an S or RS badge. it'll have its own nomenclature. probably R. and it'll probably be the highest po version of this gen TT.

Leadfoot
November 5th, 2007, 16:26
Here's what I believe is happening with the TT/S and the rumoured RS versions, the TT/S or TT2.0TFSi Quattro what ever it's name will be is all but with us, launch date is believed to be at one of the show come the start of the year and in the showrooms by the mid of '08.

The model which is above the TT/S and yes there is to be one will more than likely not be built by QuattroGmbH themselves though it is being developed by them hence it won't be called a RS model, this allows QuattroGmbH to keep to it's one model policy at the minute and not over stretch production, this will I believe be powered by a 5cylinder engine of sorts and will possibly carry the name TT/R5. The time scale of this model will be second half '09.

The RS5 hasn't been seen in testing as of yet so unless it's been well covered up or being pass as an original S5 then I doubt we will see it before the end of 2009. I suppose this depends on whether the RS6 production run continues pass the middle of 2009 which I believe it will.

HKS786
November 5th, 2007, 16:59
Yeah that seems about right Leadie. I just really wanna see sketches or something of the RS5, it'll be very interesting to see the bodywork, wheels etc. One things for sure, it'll be a beast! :D

Leadfoot
November 5th, 2007, 17:12
Bodywork-wise think RS6 wheel arches and you will be on the right track.

ZeroCool
November 5th, 2007, 17:53
I'm really sure that there will be a RS3 :D
also the TT-RS will come for sure...maybe it's not called TT-RS - but it'll come ;)

El_cucaracha
November 5th, 2007, 18:29
RS3..? sounds unbelievable for me... if only to compete with 135i, but ithink TT would be perfect competitor... any way S3 has best performance in class, so i can not see need in RS...

ZeroCool
November 5th, 2007, 18:58
we'll see :D
i'm sure that there is going to be a RS3

El_cucaracha
November 5th, 2007, 18:59
Do you have some kind of Top Secret information or what..? :D

ZeroCool
November 5th, 2007, 19:06
i don't know what you're talking about :D

ZeroCool
November 5th, 2007, 21:36
every RS came as a Facelift...maybe that is a good point for the RS3 :D because we saw a lot of spy-photos of the Facelift...and i think it should be shown soon...

so it would be a good point to show the RS3?!?! :) - just an idea?!

chewym
November 6th, 2007, 00:33
I don't think there is a need for an RS3. It will be a very expensive small car.

Fab
November 6th, 2007, 10:22
I agree. In term of price positioning the RS3 will be very close to the S4 and a chipped S3 will not be far away.

Anyway I hope the next RS model will be the RS5 as I want to see how this car will look like before to possibly get a Porsche facelift in 2 years from now. A great RS5 will be an option to the Porsche.

artur777
November 6th, 2007, 10:56
The advice of Quisha could be bery useful for this thread.

However, I think that next RS car will be TT.

tvrfan
November 6th, 2007, 15:41
will the RS6 production be stopped or over (like B7 RS4) when RS5 and RS4 comes out????

ZeroCool
November 6th, 2007, 16:46
B7 RS4 - stopped because the new A4 was shown in Frankfurt!
The Avant is going to be produced till the new A4 Avant is shown.

And i don't think that RS6 production will stop. I'm sure that Quattro GmbH is working on there capacity to produce more than only 2 different RS-Versions...

Leadfoot
November 6th, 2007, 17:17
It's always possible that Audi might part build the cars else where and only finish them at the Quattro factory, this could free up space and man power to extend the number of models until the new production run is finished.

Bingocaller
November 6th, 2007, 18:16
I cant see Audi justifing the price of an RS3 so I dont think it will be avaliable.

AndyBG
November 6th, 2007, 19:01
Year ago or so there was some interview with one of Audis senior managers, and he was clear about RS 3, there will not be one.

Personaly, I would like to see that one coming, but I'm not expecting it...

+44 Dave
November 13th, 2007, 16:42
RS6 + ....? :lovl:

RAMBLER
November 13th, 2007, 19:57
I sure hope it's the RS5, Audi needs to put that thing out asap imho!:D

P.S. Why's there no S5 flag?

Fab
November 13th, 2007, 20:05
RS5 definitely.

This one must be next :deal: