PDA

View Full Version : Timing Belt Covered Under Used Warranty?

ppfonda
November 4th, 2007, 22:19
Just curious whether the timing belt change at 35K is covered under the certified pre-owned 2 yr warranty if it was not changed before buying the rs6 used. I'm pretty sure they changed it before I purchased it since they said they already did the 40K servicing but just was curious, thanks.

BLITZEN
November 5th, 2007, 02:41
1) Welcome to the forum.

2) Unfortunately, maintenance is only included under the original manufacturer warranty which is 3 years from the date which the car was originally purchased.

ppfonda
November 5th, 2007, 02:47
thanks for the info. i can't see how they wouldn't have done it since i bought it with the odometer already over 35K and i'm assuming they can't sell a certified car without having it up on regularly scheduled maintenance.

BLITZEN
November 5th, 2007, 05:32
It's easy to find out. Go to any Audi Service Department and they can look up your vehicle's VIN number, tell you the in service date, and print everything that any Audi dealer has done to it. Make sure the computer also tells them that it's a certified car.

DuckWingDuck
November 5th, 2007, 06:43
I don't think it's possible to buy CPO from private party... and I don't think a dealership would outright LIE to a customer. Nevertheless, still to err on the safe side is always best.

ppfonda
November 5th, 2007, 18:28
thanks for the info guys. i just called the service dept. to find out what was done for the 35K service and the timing belt was changed at 30K so it looks like I'm set for until 65K