PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new User

Kyle
June 10th, 2003, 23:44
Hello all. My wife and I are eagerly awaiting delivery of our RS6. I'm told that it should arrive in early July. I've noticed that several threads have mentioned "My Audi Journey". Is this some sort of tracking website? Can anyone provide a link for me?

We stopped by the dealership today and I found myself admiring the new A8. Next thing I knew, I was out on a test ride. Great car! I really, really liked it. You think they'll give me a break if I buy the RS6 and an A8L together?

In case any of you are interested, we live in Tampa, Florida. My wife is currently driving a 2001 A6 4.2 which we'll be trading in for the RS6. I normally drive our SUV, but I also have a Camaro that has slowly evolved into a 615hp race car over the last several years. I don't drive it on the road much anymore.

Erik
June 10th, 2003, 23:49
Welcome! I will be following how your RS6 evolves... :addict:

jconley
June 11th, 2003, 00:24
I am in Orlando- I should have my car around July 4---I am very active in the Florida Audi Club, as well as a lot of track events around florida- After you get your RS6 you should try to make it to one of our Orlando club meetings!

J

Speedracer
June 11th, 2003, 01:16
[Can anyone provide a link for me?
https://myaudijourney.audiusa.com
You must have a user id and a password. These are supplied to you on your ClubRS6 card sent to you by Audi (although I think it came from their ad agency.)

Snow
June 11th, 2003, 12:40
615 hp Camaro??? :bow:
You certainly have a good taste of cars...
A friend of mine has a EVO 6 with around 500 hp which I am comparing with. And as a conclusion from that, yor Camaro has to be a monster! :MTM:

Kain
June 11th, 2003, 13:37
Welcome to the forum! :addict:

krm
June 11th, 2003, 15:07
Welcome, Kyle! We'll give you more than a break if you get both the RS6 and A8L together :D

:cheers:

GoFastKindaGuy
June 11th, 2003, 21:30
Welcome, Kyle!

I thought I wanted an SUV once - that cayane thing. But the heat of the moment passed and I bought an S6 Avant (to ease the wait for my RS6 and haul some bicycles around). Love it! Somehow, I just couldn't get a "tall boy" SUV.

BTW, the myaudijourney site is likely to add only frustration as you watch daily for movement...which is just as likely to go backward as forward in milestones. My August delivery is back in planning having once reached Milestone 1. Audi would have served us better had they just included more photos of cars with various options and colors. And more technical news.

Keep it in the shade. (I was raised in Winter Haven and remember Florida summers.)

:race:

Benman
June 13th, 2003, 03:11
wlecome to the forum:D
it's always great to hear from more guys on the waiting list for
the RS6. especially those stuck waiting in the states. but the
time is coming soon...:cheers:

ben:addict:

Kyle
June 13th, 2003, 19:48
jconley : We're practically neighbors! The dealer is telling me July 4th, too. I'll keep you updated. I track my Camaro pretty often, but I haven't had the Audi (A6 4.2) out there yet. Maybe once I get a few miles on the RS6, I'll have to see what it can really do. ;) Does the FL Audi Club have a website? I'd like to find out more.

Snow : Yeah, the Camaro is pretty crazy. I started with a brand new SS. First came the intake mods, then the exaust, then the blower, then the heads/cam. Now, I may have a cracked block (oil in the coolant). If so, I'll probably be putting in a forged 383 ci stroker and crank up the boost. Hello 700 hp! :cool2:

krm : You'll give me a break? Are you an Audi Salesman? If so, e-mail me and I'll tell you what I'm looking for.

GoFastKindaGuy : Yeah, the SUV is nice for hauling stuff around, but it's just not very fun to drive. I steal my wife's A6 every chance I get. BTW, 91 degrees & climbing right now in Tampa. :eye:

RE: Tracking - Someone on the board was kind enough to e-mail me and explain how I should have received a packet with a user ID and such when I placed the RS6 order. Since we were originally 7th of the list for 4 cars, I'm assuming that someone backed out and they probably have my packet. I going to drop by the dealership soon and see if I can get one. I'll let you know how it goes.

jconley
June 13th, 2003, 20:38
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kyle
[B]jconley : We're practically neighbors! The dealer is telling me July 4th, too. I'll keep you updated. I track my Camaro pretty often, but I haven't had the Audi (A6 4.2) out there yet. Maybe once I get a few miles on the RS6, I'll have to see what it can really do. ;) Does the FL Audi Club have a website? I'd like to find out more.

Here is some info for you:

Florida Audiworld Forum (http://forums.audiworld.com/qclubflorida/)

Audi Club of Florida Website (http://www.audiclubsfl.com)

Klint
June 16th, 2003, 21:05
Welcome aboard!

Please contribute as much as you can to hopefully produce the best resource of the RS6 on the net.

Also...Congrats on your new purchase.

:cheers:

BasilS4
June 17th, 2003, 01:59
Hey guys, I'm Basil, as you can tell by my username. I'll be picking up my silver S4(I know wrong place) from mid to late August from Classic Audi in Orlando. I currently work in Gainesville and have already seen a A8L and Rs6 around two to three months ago. One of the guys used to work for the BMW dealership in town here and then got a job with AoA teaching dealers how to use the cars before they arrive. The guy is friends with my good friend and I got the whole tour, and you guys are some lucky SOB's:D

Kyle
July 1st, 2003, 01:07
***UPDATE: Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally got the RS6 portfolio. I logged in tonight and it says that my car is on the boat enroute to the US.

Also, my wife and I finally broke down and ordered the A8. It will be Northern Blue Pearl Effect and is to be built in week #32. If my calculations are correct, that should be mid-July, which would put the car here around late-August? Does that sound about right?

Oh and one more thing, I blew the engine in the Camaro. I think I'm going to put a cover on that thing and park it until I can save up some more $$$. :(

Benman
July 1st, 2003, 02:40
WOW:D

a RS 6 AND a new A8! nice:cheers:

Ben:addict: