PDA

View Full Version : FXX gets road legal - in switzerland

jakobmm
October 31st, 2007, 11:04
http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=22557

:bow:

RussianM3_dude
October 31st, 2007, 12:19
Swirzerland is the worst country besides Iraq to drive an FXX in.

JavierNuvolari
October 31st, 2007, 16:11
Swirzerland is the worst country besides Iraq to drive an FXX in.

Pardon my ignorance mate, but...why is that ?

Speedou
October 31st, 2007, 18:04
Speed cams in every place as well as speed bumbs?

RussianM3_dude
October 31st, 2007, 18:09
Forth Reich speed enforcement and tickets calculated on the basis of your salary. Strong possibility of going to jail too for 20km over limit in town and 40 on the highway. Lausanne-Geneva highway has like 20 speed cameras, every couple of kilometers or so. Oh, yeah streets are mostly very narrow, parking spaces are tight even for a Golf (I had difficulty getting out of my 130), many underground/overground parking garages have steep/spiralling ramps that are narrow and have high sills etc. etc. etc. A lot of people in the big towns have a 911 as a daily driver, because it is fairly small/short/narrow.

Ruergard
October 31st, 2007, 19:12
Wow... that's pretty cool! But Switzerland, isn't that the worst country in the world to have a fast car? :D

Fab
October 31st, 2007, 20:27
Its getting difficult but not impossible...remember that France, Italy, Germany are just next door for week-ends, trips etc.

Also gazoline and cars are part of the cheapest in Europe :jlol:

Finally another nice thing in Geneva and around (not to mentionned Zurich) is that there is plenty of luxury cars around so you feel safe driving and parking without to much fear of car jacking or vandalism (eventough it can happen...).

:wo:

RussianM3_dude
October 31st, 2007, 21:43
Yeah, for OWNING a nice car Switzerland is probably the best, however for DRIVING it's one of the worst.

LU-RS6
November 1st, 2007, 03:45
I can only agree with you.

Actually my mother just lost her license for driving a few inches over the emergency lane to take her exit.

The license is gone for one month, and some 700 Swiss Francs too.

Ti-Mike
November 1st, 2007, 04:10
come to ticino, parkings are wide, no speedcams on the freeway only redlight flashes and 5 speedcams in the whole state on points where they really make sense.
Go to the race tracks ! This is what I do,

Fab
November 1st, 2007, 06:28
Your right Ti-Mike excepted a few trip aboad in neighbour countries track is the best option to enjoy sports car. This is definitely the option I start considering.

What is the point of owning an RS4 an driving it 90% of the time between Gva and Lausanne ? You're stuck in traffic and your praying not to be caught when pushing a bit :bow:

I am strating to be frustrated although even a low speed it is a great pleasure to drive my beast but as I said frustration and fear overtake the rest.

So I am considering (I start to prepare myself) selling my RS4 in the near future and go for a more GT/track car. Porsche is the first option I would consider.

I am not saying my decision is taken but I am seriously considering an alternative which in my opinion makes more sense.

To be continued....

Erik
November 1st, 2007, 06:45
Forth Reich speed enforcement and tickets calculated on the basis of your salary.

No problem.

Once you bought the FXX there should be no money left (for me at least).

Sounds like the same system as in Finland... :hihi:
http://www.trafficticketsecrets.com/speeding-ticket-news-finnish.html

:revs:

PS The Autobahn to Stuttgart should be nice for the FXX.

RussianM3_dude
November 1st, 2007, 08:40
Local paper Le Matin was hysterical, that there is not enough speed enforcement in Geneva (what d**che-bags) because 6 teens died in accidents in a week (3 in a "Fast and Furious" race and 3 drug dealers on one moped) and they want even MORE police on the roads. WTH?????? There are freaking speed cameras even on traffic choked streets!!!

My canton is not bad. We have no cameras that I know of and not THAT many police traps. So Fribourg - Lausanne I am completely relaxed, not watching my speed too much, beautiful scenary, curvy road... Lausanne to Geneva, the road is ugly, straight and speed cameras every 2-3 kms.

RussianM3_dude
November 1st, 2007, 08:43
Your right Ti-Mike excepted a few trip aboad in neighbour countries track is the best option to enjoy sports car. This is definitely the option I start considering.

What is the point of owning an RS4 an driving it 90% of the time between Gva and Lausanne ? You're stuck in traffic and your praying not to be caught when pushing a bit :bow:

I am strating to be frustrated although even a low speed it is a great pleasure to drive my beast but as I said frustration and fear overtake the rest.

So I am considering (I start to prepare myself) selling my RS4 in the near future and go for a more GT/track car. Porsche is the first option I would consider.

I am not saying my decision is taken but I am seriously considering an alternative which in my opinion makes more sense.

To be continued....

This is what I was always thinking. A "regular" car for the daily grind (either a Type-R, Abarth GPunto, GTI, R26/27) and an Elise.

Or just one CLS 180 Kompressor and a set of bling dub-twos.

Fab
November 1st, 2007, 19:14
I rather prefer my newly bought ML 500 :love2: for daily driving and family trips and a 997 GT3 :love: for track and fun.

One think for shure : if a really sell my RS4 I will then take the time to test and consider many track candidates...

ott
November 1st, 2007, 21:00
Seems like I'm lucky, that the rental car I used last time in Switzerland didn't went more than 130 kmh flat out. Would probably still sitting in Swiss jail, it was just 2 years ago.:D

Fab
November 2nd, 2007, 10:18
2 years ago was about when they started becoming crazy :wo:

RussianM3_dude
November 2nd, 2007, 10:39
I just signed up for SMS alerst on my phone about police radar traps in my canton. I am getting like 5-6 messages a day.

Fab
November 2nd, 2007, 10:52
Its been 2 years I signed off for the SMS.

Good point M3Dude : better later than never :hihi:

It works pretty well. The good think is that you can also select very specific region for which you want to get the info.

ott
November 2nd, 2007, 10:58
Last year I was driving my RS6 on Swiss mountain roads, didn't see any radars or cops there. But it is also quite impossible to go fast, when road looks like this:

http://kingpool.mailer.ee/tqhq/Porsche%20trip/P1030860.jpg

Fab
November 2nd, 2007, 11:36
Nice one !

In absolute terms I don't think Switzerland is more dangerous for our driving licence than most of the european countries anyway.

And excepted this famous Geneva-Lausanne there is space for fun (with some obvious cautions...) Especially mountain roads. We have plenty of great mountain roads and police is far away of being present there.

This remind me a recent TopGear Episod were they went through all Europe to find out the best driving road in the world. The finally all agreed that these roads are in the Swiss alps :dig: and believe me driver enthusiastics know where to go :incar:

ott
November 2nd, 2007, 11:59
I agree, Swiss Alps are the most beautiful. During this last trip with RS6 I did in two days Sustenpass->Grimselpass->Furkapass->Splügenpass->Albulapass->Passo di Foscagno->Stelvio. Also I would like to mention the small road which number I don't know, but it connects Chiavenna with Splüngen. It's bumpy and not fast, but extremely narrow and with lots of dark tunnels, one car width and twisting inside of mountains. Was real challenge to drive...

Fab
November 2nd, 2007, 12:27
Nice you had great time with the RS6. The exhaust note is even better when knocking on the mountains