PDA

View Full Version : MTM vs ABT tuning for Audi

J.Seven
November 20th, 2002, 11:52
. One thing I wonder is that almost every Audi owner goes to MTM. Surfing on the net I can see and read lots of S4, RS4, RS6 and other powerful Audi owners speeking about the MTM upgrades much more than ABT. My question is this, Isnīt the ABT companie a better tuning companie than MTM? They have just won the DTM Championship in Germany as a pritave team with Christian ABT driving an Audi TT against the all Powerful Mercedes Benz and their number one driver Bern Schneider, which I think itīs a great achievement. This is like Formula 1 Jordan Team, winning the F1 Championship against Ferrari and all other factory teams. Isnīt this the most credible indication that ABT knows what is doing. Their products are tested in the hardest way possible, that means the circuit, and by the results, itīs proven to be the best out there. So why everybody goes to MTM? Are the ABT products much more expensive? Is there any special reason? Iīve an Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDI, so thereīs only a chip for this car in order to gain some 30Hp, but Iīm thinking on buying in the future an RS4(if the wheels issue is already resolved) and take it to one of this two companies to have it tuned. At the moment I believe ABT is the most credible companie due to all great results that had achieved in serious car competition, but the fact that everybody goes to MTM must for sure mean something. Would any of you care to comment this? Thanks in advance.

J.Seven
http://www.dtm.de/fotos/2002-09-29/2002-09-29-013.jpg
http://www.rennteam.com/avatars/181.gif

Erik
November 20th, 2002, 12:06
Correct me if I'm wrong but Abt does not have their own chip making, it is just rebranding someone else's product in many cases.

MTM has their own lab, garage and rolling road and do a lot of testing before their product is released.

At MTM they kind of laughed a little when Abt was mentioned.

J.Seven
November 20th, 2002, 12:27
Laughting about ABT work???!!! it doesnīt sute them well. Anyway I donīt know if ABT have their own chip, I though they had alot of stuff.

Anyway last issue of Auto Motor und Sport had a test of a Audi TT bimotor, with total of 700 Hp. Each engine had 350Hp and there was one at the front and another at the back. Car was much faster to reach 0-300Kph than the Porsche 996 RUF Turbo. The performance results were indeed amazing. Will post the results later on.

I donīt say they are not credidle, I was just thinking that ABT was even better.

J.Seven

Erik
November 20th, 2002, 13:27
I don't have anything againt Abt but I am quite sure they brand other companie's products, so they have less knowledge and no control of the products.

If I was to tune my car I would chose MTM or Hohenester.

J.Seven
November 20th, 2002, 13:38
Thanks for the info.

J.Seven

Dave
November 21st, 2002, 21:27
So are we saying that MTM and Abt are the same thing??

Just trying to confirm.. I'm a big fan of both
Dave

Erik
November 21st, 2002, 22:04
As far as I know Abt get there chips from somewhere else.

MTM is not the same thing as Abt.

Arthur
November 27th, 2002, 14:18
Originally posted by Erik B
As far as I know Abt get there chips from somewhere else.

MTM is not the same thing as Abt.

I think thats correct. Abt does not make their own chip. :cheers:

Erik
November 29th, 2002, 19:12
Unless we know we should not write...

Abt seem to be the tuner preferred by Audi. :D
And nowadays they make their own chips.

More to come then once I get all the press material arranged.

J.Seven
November 29th, 2002, 20:36
Thatīs what I heard too, they are going to become the AMG of Audi.

J.Seven

Erik
November 29th, 2002, 20:40
Originally posted by J.Seven
Thatīs what I heard too, they are going to become the AMG of Audi.

I tought that was quattro GmbH's task... :D

You got a point though, will follow this closely.

They had a pretty nice RS6, TT Limited ed. II, DTM TT, A4 Cab and Touareg on the stand.