PDA

View Full Version : The way next gen Quattro should be.

Iceman
October 27th, 2007, 13:59
I'm a big fan of the Nissan GT-R 4WD from the day that they start racing in the Australian touringcar championship.
The all new GT-R show a 4WD system that should be in the Audi B8 floorplan.
This transaxle 4WD system show the ultimate weight balance, motor in the front gearbox in the back.
This car will wipe the floor with future RS4/RS5 cars and it even wipe the floor with the R8 4.2 FSI and new Porsche 997 Turbo on the Nordschleife.
Audi should have use the R8 4WD to do the same with the B8.
Put the R8 drivetrain in the B8 and place the engine to the front and put a axle between them, and you have the same princeple.

http://static.blogo.it/autoblog/nissan-gt-r/big_nissan_gtr_detail_10.jpg

Hans.

RussianM3_dude
October 27th, 2007, 17:27
Well, it's not very space efficient.

Leadfoot
October 27th, 2007, 20:33
I agree with M3_dude here, surely that set-up would destroy what ever boot space there was.

Tenchu
October 27th, 2007, 20:42
I agree with M3_dude here, surely that set-up would destroy what ever boot space there was.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/2007_tokyo_nissan_gt-r-live_025.jpg

PeterJohn
October 27th, 2007, 20:43
That drivetrain is probably the reason why this is the first GT-R not based a regular Nissan model. Double driveshaft for a huge tunnel, and only room for two grown people in between the engine and the gearbox.

Hell of a machnine though. Makes you think: "what's the catch". I bet Nissan is counting on loosing money on every unit. Still, a lot more democratic than the Veyron. Makes more marketing sense too.

Iceman
October 27th, 2007, 20:51
Hell of a machnine though.

It's doing a 7:38 min on the ring.

Hans.

Leadfoot
October 27th, 2007, 21:34
If this thing was an Audi or BMW I would be SO on for owning it but being a Nissan I can't ever see myself having one. It's the residuals that will put me off, the last model lost a bomb at the start.

But you can't knock it for it's an amazing machine and it's lap time confirms as much.

RXBG
October 31st, 2007, 15:47
it is hella fast. but also hella cheap interior.

btw- so what is the consensus on the fastest lap time by the R8?

that louis vuitton bag is probably more expensive than the interior of the GT-R. :hihi:

Iceman
October 31st, 2007, 15:50
The R8 did something like 8:0Something.

Hans.

Leadfoot
October 31st, 2007, 15:55
In the Supertest the time was 8:04, in a R8 which happen to be slower than the RS4 they tested previously at all the key speed trap points. Clearly an under performing R8 is ever there was one.

+44 Dave
October 31st, 2007, 17:49
it is hella fast. but also hella cheap interior.

btw- so what is the consensus on the fastest lap time by the R8?

that louis vuitton bag is probably more expensive than the interior of the GT-R. :hihi:

In the Autocar review last week they said that although the interior looks typical Nissan because its only black and silver, the materials used are actually of very high quality. Lots of real chucky brushed metal. The switches feel strong and are all very well laid out. And its all held together very well by solid and sturdy plastic, that is definately not found in the micra...

Ruergard
October 31st, 2007, 21:57
It's an great AWD system, maybe the best one ever made. For sportscar that is, not in ordinary family cars. It just takes to much space, but damn it's good putting the power down and give traction out of corners.

I really like the new GT-R, amazing piece of machinery. They really know the technical stuff over there, interiors and so on is another thing.

But hey, the new Quattro system won't be bad either! :thumb:

Mori
November 9th, 2007, 19:12
This might be my next car if they actually manage to bring it over here. The other pick is a 911. Unless the RS5 really does it for me - which is might. ;)

The Pretender
December 4th, 2007, 05:43
This car is awesome from a technical point of view, Engine in the front, Gearbox at the back and 4WD.
But it's also very heavy.

Jarod.

Benman
December 6th, 2007, 00:23
This car will wipe the floor with future RS4/RS5 cars and it even wipe the floor with the R8 4.2 FSI and new Porsche 997 Turbo on the Nordschleife.

Will? It is already wiping the floor with the 911TT. If I was in the market for a new ride, the GT-R would be it.

Ben:addict:

The Pretender
December 23rd, 2007, 23:53
Will? It is already wiping the floor with the 911TT. If I waNot yet departing from the RS6 yets in the market for a new ride, the GT-R would be it. Ben:addict:

Not departing from the RS6 yet. ?

Jarod.

Benman
December 26th, 2007, 18:53
Not departing from the RS6 yet. ?

Jarod.

very tempting...

My RS 6 is finally paid in full with title in hand. I am currently without a car payment of any kind and that feels soooo nice. A large payment on a brand new GT-R is not what I'm after.

This may sound mad, but at this point, I don't see myself having any kind of monthly payments (credit cards are getting close to being paid in full) save a mortgage. I am currently in a "simplify" mode. :D

The Pretender
December 26th, 2007, 19:02
very tempting...

My RS 6 is finally paid in full with title in hand. I am currently without a car payment of any kind and that feels soooo nice. A large payment on a brand new GT-R is not what I'm after.

This may sound mad, but at this point, I don't see myself having any kind of monthly payments (credit cards are getting close to being paid in full) save a mortgage. I am currently in a "simplify" mode. :D

I know the feeling, monthly payments are a burden you can live without.

Jarod.

Benman
December 26th, 2007, 19:04
I know the feeling..

So Jarod, you? Does the GT-R do anything for you? Not sure if you've seen it in the flesh yet. Quite a sharp looking ride.

The Pretender
December 26th, 2007, 19:12
So Jarod, you? Does the GT-R do anything for you? Not sure if you've seen it in the flesh yet. Quite a sharp looking ride.

I'm a Skyline/GT-R fan from the moment it start racing in the Australian touring car championchip many years back.
This new one is awesome especially from a technical point of view.
Not yet seen it in the flesh have to wait till January, then the Nissan Dealer will have one over from Japan.

Jarod.