PDA

View Full Version : hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

peiserg
October 27th, 2007, 01:22
I just realized, after trying to use them for the first time, that my headlight washers don't work. 13500 miles on the car, and previous owner had never used wipe wash before. I bought car at 6500 miles. passenger side doesn't do anything, and drivers side doesn't pop up or anything, just sprays a bunch of washer fluid into the inside of the bumper.

other issue that has come up.... very small leak in fuel tank seal somewhere, as evidenced by a cel code coming up as "very small leak in PCV" or something that sounds similiar. Was told my entire sub frame needs to be pulled to replace some seal on the fuel tank!

can we all hold hands together and send up a couple of hail mary's or hallelujah's or whatever you throw out there when you're hoping the extended platinum dealer's warranty covers something?

in other news...

I love my car.

gerry
OCT chip coming in next 2 weeks or so. just got the "before" dyno done.

AndyBG
October 27th, 2007, 01:44
I hope that here your problems will end...

Those ''small'' things can be BIG pain in the ... !

BLITZEN
October 27th, 2007, 07:22
My headlight washers did the same thing and were a very minor fix. Apparently, where the hoses attach there are clamps to hold them on. A poor technician had neglected to use these after some sort of engine maintenance and the hoses came off under the pressure.

Rs6freak
October 27th, 2007, 12:50
damn this scares me a bit, im about to buy my self a rs6, they are not like the m5's right? the m5 has a lot of problems after 100k KM.

DuckWingDuck
October 27th, 2007, 19:54
Just get CPO, don't buy european cars w/o warranty, either from the factory or 3rd party. The parts are just way too expensive. They aren't your mother's camry!