PDA

View Full Version : how many beasts have you seen on the road?

aarong
October 24th, 2007, 23:03
Up until this week, I'd only seen one RS6 on the road (plenty of S8s though). The past three days, I'm three for three. Monday night coming home from work on the 110 south, a black RS6 was right next to me. On the way to work yesterday morning, a very nice red RS6 was driving down Venice Blvd in the opposite direction of me. And today at lunch I saw a nice silver one in Culver City.

I knew there were a handful in the Los Angeles area, but I find it funny and interesting I've run across one each day this entire week. Wonder if I'll see another tomorrow...haha

:addict:

Dogsoldier
October 24th, 2007, 23:36
Last week my wife and I were heading up Pico, stopped at the light at Beverly. Another dayton gray exactly like mine pulled up beside us. Unfortunately, he was turning left so we weren't able to make a nice run.

Erik
October 25th, 2007, 07:05
With only about 1,000 cars in the US that's quite an achievement in car spotting.

Bingocaller
October 25th, 2007, 09:57
Only 1 in Denmark - but I know of two there has been for sale here

RussianM3_dude
October 25th, 2007, 10:56
I've seen a few S8s and RS6s, seen a couple new S6s too. In Swizzyland it's not hard, mind.

ott
October 25th, 2007, 11:38
During my 2006 2 week trip from Sweden to Italy and back, through Denmark, Germany and Switzerland I saw only 2 RS6 and both in Switzerland.

My hometown has population of 400 000 and we have here appr. 5-6 RS6 cars. In average, once a month I'm able to spot another despite mine.

BLITZEN
October 25th, 2007, 15:28
Not including my own, I've seen 3 on the road in my lifetime (plus 1 for sale at a dealership). According to my local dealer, there are about 20 in the Northern Utah area.

LIRS6
October 25th, 2007, 15:57
Live on Long Island, haven't seen one in the area in about a year. Used to have twin in same village, but he must have sold it. It's starting to feel a bit lonely out here.

P.S. - only 2 RS4's spotted

Radiation Joe
October 25th, 2007, 16:33
BLITZEN!!!! Go Goodwood Green!!!!!

I've had my car for 18 months, driven cross country twice and put on just shy of 40k miles. Until I moved to the Minneapolis area I had NEVER seen another on the road. I see them regularly here and there are almost always one or two at Carousel Audi when I bring mine in for service.
Sorry for the crummy phone pic.

Cheers,

http://www.mnaudi.com/gallery2/d/21036-1/Photo_07.jpg

BLITZEN
October 25th, 2007, 17:48
BLITZEN!!!! Go Goodwood Green!!!!!

Ya' mon! It is the color of envy. Any idea of how many Goodwood's there are in The States? I know of yours, Dark Night's, mine (which used to be owned by jmhm1967 in Chicago), and have seen one on AutoTrader with silver interior. That's 4 unless the autotrader car was Dark Night's. Do you know of any more?

Radiation Joe
October 25th, 2007, 17:58
... Do you know of any more?

Your GG is the first I've seen outside of mine.

Where was the photo for your avatar taken?
Mine was Crater Lake in Oregon on one of my cross country jaunts. I've got one from Utah as well.

http://www.mnaudi.com/gallery2/d/60128-2/Utah+Audi.jpg

BLITZEN
October 25th, 2007, 18:18
My avatar was taken at the saddle of East Canyon, just east of Salt Lake. The road is the original path taken by the Mormon Pioneers to reach Salt Lake and runs from I-80 (about half-way between Salt Lake and Park City) and cuts over the Wasatch Mountains to I-84.

Joe, I'm PM you so we don't continue hijacking this thread. :)

Skaala
October 26th, 2007, 00:15
seen 10. 2 in norway, one in denemark, and the rest in and germany

rs-6
October 26th, 2007, 05:06
in zurich(especially Küsnacht) you see over 10 rs6's a day :)

RussianM3_dude
October 26th, 2007, 08:52
I saw like 4 RS4s in Geneva and two were identical spec to mine.

mmaturo
October 26th, 2007, 18:13
Not including my own, I've seen 3 on the road in my lifetime (plus 1 for sale at a dealership). According to my local dealer, there are about 20 in the Northern Utah area.

I wish...in Chicago downtown i see several a day...one in my condo building every morning, passed one like mine (thank goodness i have the 19" wheels so i am not identical) on my 2 mile trip to work today, and park near one at work...i tend to see one every evening and on Sunday three in traffic with me in the span of an hour...too many here. :rs6kiss:

bober3
October 26th, 2007, 19:01
I have seen 3 rs6, 1 s8 and 2 rs4 in the montreal region pretty impresive considering that only 84 has been made for canada

Boosted-Bora
October 26th, 2007, 19:11
I have seen 5 other then mine here in the states One Ebony Black (friend of mine here on ther forum) one Sprint blue and 3 in Mugello Blue.

aarong
October 27th, 2007, 00:11
that green is absolutely stunning. I *am* envious.
btw - does anyone know the S8 owner with california plates "FLY S8"? We had a friendly chat riding up PCH in malibu and I could've sworn I've seen his license plate as an avatar here on the forums...

Rs6freak
October 27th, 2007, 12:51
i work in stockholm, and i see them almost ever day :)

Rs6freak
October 27th, 2007, 12:53
Your GG is the first I've seen outside of mine.

Where was the photo for your avatar taken?
Mine was Crater Lake in Oregon on one of my cross country jaunts. I've got one from Utah as well.

http://www.mnaudi.com/gallery2/d/60128-2/Utah+Audi.jpg
Damn mate, thats a nice pic. you took.. i like the background :) and the position you got on your beauty

MPT
October 27th, 2007, 12:56
Only 1 in Denmark - but I know of two there has been for sale here

There is more than one. I know of at least four!

I've seen three here in Denmark, although they are quite rare (366.597USD / 254.865EUR from new). Damn taxes..

DuckWingDuck
October 27th, 2007, 19:49
I've never seen one in orange county but aarong, my offices are in long beach, right off the 710. I went to San Pedro-ish area on Monday so I was on the 110S, that black one you saw might've been me!

ben916
October 30th, 2007, 20:58
Saw one (not Muegglo Blue but like Electric blue, sprint blue?) in Sorrento Valley in San Diego, CA about 2 years ago.

Saw another about 6 months ago in front of my house as the neighbors were hiring a realtor for renting their house. I heard the silver RS6 first before looking out the window. An asian lady was driving it and it seemed that she was very tentative while driving it...

Saw an RS4 (black) near work and I knew what it was but no one with me knew the value....

aarong
October 30th, 2007, 21:12
Saw another about 6 months ago in front of my house as the neighbors were hiring a realtor for renting their house. I heard the silver RS6 first before looking out the window. An asian lady was driving it and it seemed that she was very tentative while driving it...

silver? strange...my ebony pearl was previous owned by a realtor from san diego :dig:

Ricoloco
October 30th, 2007, 22:37
Stockholm City center is "filled" with them. Black and Mugello is the most common color. Avus after that.

ben916
October 30th, 2007, 22:48
silver? strange...my ebony pearl was previous owned by a realtor from san diego :dig:

The license plate on this one was RS6MUSCL or something very close to that. There was another in San Diego that was a lemon law return but I am unable to recall/remember the license plate. I think that you would know/disclosed that the car you are purchasing is/was a lemon law return.

steffenr
November 5th, 2007, 15:10
4 Rs6's 1 avus, 1 daytona, 1 green and 1 black. no new S8, but alot of the old ones.