PDA

View Full Version : New RS4 due in about 2 weeks!

cmathis
October 24th, 2007, 22:50
Dealer emailed me with update today. Looks like she's gonna be delivered a week or 2 ahead of schedule. He said:

The car is on the water!!!

We are looking at about 2-3 weeks....

Should be great.

I'll keep you posted

I went with the IBIS White, but did not do the titanium package. Just really didn't like the piano black personally, and have titanium wheels on my track car and they scratch like crazy, not that I'm gonna track the RS4, but I'm sure I might throw some slicks on it from time to time and take it out for a few hot laps.

I'll post pics when she gets here. I can't wait!:rs4addict

Craig
</pre>

OzRS4
October 25th, 2007, 01:49
Awesome news! you must be so excited. Welcome to the RS4 club.

cmathis
October 25th, 2007, 03:51
Yes, I'm really excited it's coming a bit early. Got a 2 1/2 year old, and another due in December. Had to go the 4 door route, but I've been driving my wife's 2001 maxima....VERY tired of this 6 cylinder after the mustang went track only. "Momma" gets to drive the 2007 Tahoe, which I love, but I only get to drive it when towing the Cobra to the track.

I didn't even test drive the rs4, just placed the order. Everyone says it rocks, so I'm gonna give it a whirl. I trust the public on cars....especially having a prehistoric 2001 Ford Cobra. It's gotta be a large step up.

Craig

Erik
October 25th, 2007, 07:03
Welcome and please make sure we get some pictures! :)

Charles DLF
October 25th, 2007, 10:19
very sweet, great job!! Your car is one of the last ones produced i recon... Since production is said to stop early november for the RS4!

Got any pics of the cobra? i love those cars

Cheers,

Charles

RussianM3_dude
October 25th, 2007, 11:01
White is such a cool colour. I can't believe it fell so out of favour in the 90's (except for Asia and SoCal).

KarlMarx
October 25th, 2007, 11:18
I was thinking about the piano black finish as well - can I ask what you didn't like about it? I haven't seen any with that so I'm not sure what it'll look like. I've got a bit of time to decide to no rush but was interested to hear you'd been put off it.

cmathis
October 25th, 2007, 17:28
Well, I guess I'm just a fan of the carbon fiber (to each his own). And why I liked the titanium wheels, I though blacking out all the exterior trim made the car look a little "ricey", which is not my taste. I tend to like the brushed aluminum trim. It's all a matter of taste....I have titanium wheels on the Cobra, but it's for hiding the brake dust, and being that I have a few sets of those wheels, every time I take an impact wrench to them for rotating, the finish scratches very easily (might be the paint quality).

I was thinking about the piano black finish as well - can I ask what you didn't like about it? I haven't seen any with that so I'm not sure what it'll look like. I've got a bit of time to decide to no rush but was interested to hear you'd been put off it.

cmathis
October 25th, 2007, 17:29
I've got some pics on one of my PC's here. I'll grab some and post them.

very sweet, great job!! Your car is one of the last ones produced i recon... Since production is said to stop early november for the RS4!

Got any pics of the cobra? i love those cars

Cheers,

Charles

cit1991
October 26th, 2007, 08:49
I didn't even test drive the rs4, just placed the order. Everyone says it rocks, so I'm gonna give it a whirl. I trust the public on cars....
Craig

I did the same thing. You won't be disappointed.

RussianM3_dude
October 26th, 2007, 08:53
Not me. I didn't test drive fully and ended up dissapointed.

cmathis
October 26th, 2007, 14:33
I did the same thing. You won't be disappointed.

I'm sure I wont!

Bingocaller
October 26th, 2007, 16:34
Congrats! Ibis white is a beautiful colour! Make sure you post pics as soon as possible!

Bingocaller
October 26th, 2007, 16:36
I'm sure I wont!

BTW please post some pics of that Cobra!

cmathis
October 26th, 2007, 16:43

I've got some pics of the cobra. I'll try to get them up today.

Craig

cmathis
October 26th, 2007, 16:53

Couple of track day pics....

http://www.cbslimited.com/cobra.php

Bingocaller
October 26th, 2007, 17:59
Couple of track day pics....

http://www.cbslimited.com/cobra.php

Ahh also in white! Nice! We need some movies of that exhaust sound :heart:

cmathis
October 26th, 2007, 18:15
Ahh also in white! Nice! We need some movies of that exhaust sound :heart:

Yeah, all white cars at the house. Had a black car for 10 years....will NEVER do it again. For me, it's white or sometimes grey. I don't wash that much, so those colors tend to stay cleaner looking longer.

I'll have to get some in car track video's uploaded with the sound of the rebuilt motor. I haven't put the camera in the car the recent weekends that I've been instructing. It sounds pretty nasty...and did I mention that it is still making horsepower to 8000 rpms? Not many Fords out there doing that. We think we could rev it to 8500 and still make power, but we don't know if the crank will hold up, so we put the rev limit at 8K. Dyno on the stock motor made peak power at around 6400 rpms. Nothing like a big bore V8 screaming at 8K. :revs:

Bingocaller
October 26th, 2007, 20:02
Once again - we need some sound of that V8 :)