PDA

View Full Version : How "RS6" are you?

Erik
October 22nd, 2007, 19:25
How "RS6" are you?

Please read and let us know if you agree.

I think a lot of the people are younger than what's described. Gotta be the internet! :D

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5657&d=1193077418

Benman
October 22nd, 2007, 21:14
I'm one out of six... not bad Audi... ;)

Ben:addict:

Phage
October 22nd, 2007, 21:17
Ah, so that's why i don't have an RS6 :applause:

KarlMarx
October 22nd, 2007, 21:26
:applause: I'm 4 out of 6... :applause:

Though to be fair, their target is male (no surprises there), high income (well, it's not cheap is it?) and with high income you're likely to have another car and those with high income tend to be MDs, executives, freelancers or self-employed ...

Food for thought? Mind you, I am 4 out of 6...

BLITZEN
October 22nd, 2007, 21:30
This seems like a Marketing Department's "Target" description for advertising new RS6. As a marketer myself, I would judge that it's 90% true for about 90% of the buyers. I also would guess that a used RS6 buyer would be younger version of the same motivated professional but less concerned with "trend setting" or being an early adopter of new-tech. (That's Me!)

P.S. Erik, I like your new avatar. R U getting an '08?

DuckWingDuck
October 22nd, 2007, 22:12
The thing is, the stealth aspect of the car leads me to wonder about the applicability of the blurb "[the] sportiness of the vehicle must be emphasised by its appearance"...

aarong
October 23rd, 2007, 02:32
huh...0 for 5.
23 year old, single, employed and well paid but not a director (at the moment, at least) and the RS6 is my first (and only) car.

though I'd be first in line for the new one if I thought it was coming to the states.

Erik
October 23rd, 2007, 07:03

I wish, but I guess I need a sponsor then... :rolleyes: I guess I have to settle for the avatar.

Erik
October 23rd, 2007, 07:09
huh...0 for 5.

Are you female also?

DuckWingDuck
October 23rd, 2007, 07:44
I'm 5 of 6. Male but not married :D

skiwi
October 23rd, 2007, 07:56
5 out of 6 - (if you count xc mtb racing as extreme sports) and, unlike many of the 6-out-of-6 demongraphic i meet, i'm not a complete tosser....

ott
October 23rd, 2007, 09:16
3 out of 6, but I bought my car second-hand.:D

BLITZEN
October 23rd, 2007, 16:38
5/6 because I'm under 40 years old. But I am a used car buyer, and like I mentioned, I think this is a Target Market for new purchasers.

They mention "Exclusive" sports, not extreme sports. However, Mountain Biking, Golf and Skiing are all pretty exclusive since they require a certain geography and heavy investment.

What's a "tosser"? (Must be New Zealand slang)

Erik
October 23rd, 2007, 18:02
What's a "tosser"? (Must be New Zealand slang)

If you don't know or never heard of it, you're probably not one ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=A+-+Tosser :hihi:

BLITZEN
October 23rd, 2007, 18:37
If you don't know or never heard of it, you're probably not one ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=A+-+Tosser :hihi:

O/K, No further explaination necessary. Thanks, :doh:

mmaturo
October 23rd, 2007, 19:19
This seems like a Marketing Department's "Target" description for advertising new RS6. As a marketer myself, I would judge that it's 90% true for about 90% of the buyers. I also would guess that a used RS6 buyer would be younger version of the same motivated professional but less concerned with "trend setting" or being an early adopter of new-tech. (That's Me!)

Bingo...me too, under the age group by a great distance on RS6 number one and will be about 40 when i get beast number two if it comes to the states or an R8. I however stretch to afford to buy these things...

I am 1 1/2 out of 6...younger, not executive but am a principle now but not when i bought the first one...not very high household income, no kids, divorced, did have more cars (3) now just the one, just get on the track and some golf so not all that exclusive sports (1/2 for the track days counting).

Rudi
October 23rd, 2007, 19:22
I think the new RS6 is a car for real car enthusiasts,and have the money to afford it,who will only accept the best there is..I'm defenately such a person,I have a distinguished car as well,but it is much slower and less expensive,but I'm proud I bought it from a person who also don't satisfy with anything less...If I had the chance I bought a RS4/RS6 right away..1 thing is for sure,I'm going to beg him to let me drive for a ten min.:rs6kiss: I had a drive in the former one,so I have a little hope:thumb: I wish everyone all the best with this supercar:cheers:

AudiRS6JD
October 23rd, 2007, 20:44
I guess I'm a 5 out of 6 since I'm 20. I would agree with those statements, because that's basically why I have an RS6.

Benman
October 23rd, 2007, 21:40
I however stretch to afford to buy these things...

Sounds like me. :D

mmaturo
October 23rd, 2007, 21:47
LOL, who needs to retire anyway. :R8kiss:

Barry
October 23rd, 2007, 22:38
Me 4.5 out of 6, short on time for the recreational activities - The appeal for me is the stealth factor, the v8 power and the muscular traits of the wheel arches etc. The Avant does this for me. Design No - Fundamentally flawed by too much weight infront of the front axle, Slow in Fast out and not tactile around the tight bends - get the Balance right and rear wheel Drive only - it would then be a Real Beast. Having said that I enjoy my 6.

Barry Daytona Avant.

Benman
October 24th, 2007, 00:57
LOL, who needs to retire anyway. :R8kiss::applause: :applause: Sounds exactly like my reasoning right before I bought the :rs6kiss:
Coming back down to reality and starting to pay off all my debts... sending the last check for the Beast as we speak. Will be wonderfull to have no car payments once again...

troyjgaspard
October 24th, 2007, 22:24
i dont know what it means but i bought my beast second hand and love it as if it were new.it seems new to me it is in such pristine shape.i am 31 divorced and in a wheelchair due to an accident.just happy to be alive and able to enjoy such driving excellence.take care guys.

mi021le
October 24th, 2007, 22:45
i have the second and third car. but thats it. lol

aarong
October 24th, 2007, 22:57
Are you female also?

No. I just have poor reading comprehension skills. Put me down at 1/5 :D

Benman
October 24th, 2007, 23:24
No. I just have poor reading comprehension skills.

It's cool, just means you're male.:cheers:

s42ski
October 25th, 2007, 00:13
OK - 4 out of 6 here - although I wonder what qualifies as "high quality and exclusive sports". Any sport can be high quality and exclusive - just depends how you want to play:hihi:

snoopra
October 25th, 2007, 03:59
4 of 6, 36, not self-employed.

BLITZEN
October 25th, 2007, 06:03
OK - 4 out of 6 here - although I wonder what qualifies as "high quality and exclusive sports".

4 of 6, 36, not self-employed.

As I suspected earlier, most of the responses have been around 4+ out of six. And, some guys like mmaturo are trying to disqualify themselves. For instance, Snoopra's not self-employed, but I would bet money he's a motivated profesional, active in his career whether it's blue or white collar, making him 5/6.

Regardless, Target Market Statements are meant to direct advertising dollars and stereotype the buyer as a guideline, not as a hard rule. It's like shooting a shotgun into the middle of a flock. Few people will be 6/6. Most will be 4 or 5 of 6 if you use the descriptions loosely.

BigRick
October 25th, 2007, 12:53
No children and not old enough... otherwise I should really have one :)

KarlMarx
October 25th, 2007, 13:20
How about if we get all 6, Audi give us a free one?

No?

Oh well.

Jani
October 25th, 2007, 13:28
I'm "almost exclusively male", since I'm male. No kids, so that makes it 0.5 points. If you count infrequent Ring track days as an exclusive hobby, then 1.5 points. Then again, I can't afford the new RS6, so I shouldn't be any target customer, no worries.

I think they left out "a little bald", "a bit of a belly", "wife can't fit into RS4 bucket seats" and other not so positive things about the average new RS6 buyer. :)

gjg
October 25th, 2007, 14:48
I'm one out of six... not bad Audi... ;)

must be the "above average ratio of second and third and .... cars..." :jlol:

mmaturo
October 25th, 2007, 16:44
As I suspected earlier, most of the responses have been around 4+ out of six. And, some guys like mmaturo are trying to disqualify themselves. For instance, Snoopra's not self-employed, but I would bet money he's a motivated profesional, active in his career whether it's blue or white collar, making him 5/6.

Regardless, Target Market Statements are meant to direct advertising dollars and stereotype the buyer as a guideline, not as a hard rule. It's like shooting a shotgun into the middle of a flock. Few people will be 6/6. Most will be 4 or 5 of 6 if you use the descriptions loosely.

Exactly...of course i never said i didn't want to be 4+ out of 6 (we will leave the age off)...so still is accurate in many ways...need to read the R8 description as it is winning as my new car in 2009 until i see the new RS6 sedan in person (and assuming released to the US).

Radiation Joe
October 25th, 2007, 16:55
Eight out of 6. Do I win?

1) Y
2) Y
3) all relative
4) Y
5) 4 counting the estranged Mrs; two hi-po cars otherwise (compensating?)
6) Y (horses and racecars; again, if you count the Mrs)

Then if you add Jani's criteria, I can add two more points for bald and getting a belly.

If I hadn't been doing this kind of thing my whole life, I'd define myself as being in mid-life crisis mode.

aussie rs6
October 26th, 2007, 18:51
Not to sound like a figjam, I am 5 out of 6 and only my really close friends call me a "tosser"

seriously the beasts value is its power, handling and I love its stealth like nature.

It still has the "wow" factor for me after 3 years driving and 45,000kms.

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss::rs6kiss:

BLITZEN
October 27th, 2007, 07:36
Design No - Fundamentally flawed by too much weight infront of the front axle, Slow in Fast out and not tactile around the tight bends - get the Balance right and rear wheel Drive only - it would then be a Real Beast.

If it's so flawed, how did Randy Pobst manage to win the Speed GT Championship in 2003 in one? In the same year, Galati also was either 3rd or 4th in the overall championship in the only other RS6 to compete. Not bad considering all the rear wheel drive BMW's and Porsche's they smoked!:incar:

skiwi
October 28th, 2007, 01:29
If it's so flawed, how did Randy Pobst manage to win the Speed GT Championship in 2003 in one? In the same year, Galati also was either 3rd or 4th in the overall championship in the only other RS6 to compete. Not bad considering all the rear wheel drive BMW's and Porsche's they smoked!:incar:

exactly. too many journo's who don't know what they are talking about and are at the mercy of pr hacks...

data points:
1) '96 world touring car champs anyone? quattro banned afterwards.

2) 'ring times of the rs4 beating the m3

3) check out the weight distrobution on an evo x, or an sti.

4) check out the longitudional architecture of the subaru with the engine hanging ahead of the front axle line.

fundamentally the "feel" of audi cars is the issue, not the architecture. audi is now re-dicovering how to bring the feel back into their cars. that they knew how to do this is evident to anyone who has driven a 20v ur-quattro, and that they know how to do this now, to anyone who has driven an rs4.

bring on the rs6 i say!

Radiation Joe
October 29th, 2007, 14:56
See my other car description in the sig below. Now that I've tracked both cars, I can say that the RS was very impressive. But please don't make the mistake of comparing a winning season in a race series with quality of the street version. Cars win race series due to many factors unrelated to the quality of the car, like race weight, intake restrictions, etc..
IMHO, the RS is a pig on the track, but a fast pig. Turn in is fantastic, but mid corner grip is non-existent in the front due to all that weight. Once you get on the boost, the rear end starts to be effective in helping steer the car.
Stock for stock, on all but the tightest tracks, I believe I could get the RS around faster than the M3 (due to the power only). With suspension mods to the M3 (with 100 less horsepower), I believe it is much faster than the RS regardless of the mods to the RS. I very much prefer the BMW for track use.
But don't get me wrong, I love the RS6 :addict: . It's typically my choice to drive on a daily basis. I just don't think it's in it's element on the track.

http://www.mnaudi.com/gallery2/d/21026-1/03sp_gtrace_06.jpg

aarong
October 30th, 2007, 00:46
It's cool, just means you're male.:cheers:

hmm, both RS6 owners, both huge ron paul fans, both in southern california. we should grab a beer sometime. and I'd like a ride in yours because I am utterly convinced something is mildly wrong with my transmission, but have no baseline to compare to.

DuckWingDuck
October 30th, 2007, 01:44
hmm, both RS6 owners, both huge ron paul fans, both in southern california. we should grab a beer sometime. and I'd like a ride in yours because I am utterly convinced something is mildly wrong with my transmission, but have no baseline to compare to.

ROFL, if I could bring myself to vote Republican, Ron Paul's the closest one that I would identify with!

Radiation Joe
October 30th, 2007, 13:29
... and I'd like a ride in yours because I am utterly convinced something is mildly wrong with my transmission, but have no baseline to compare to.

What are your transmission symptoms? Funky shift (mild rpm hunting) from 2nd to 3rd when cold? This is my symptom. Kind of similar shift from 3rd to 4th when cold but to a lesser degree. I'm going to have the dealer look at it tomorrow.

Benman
October 30th, 2007, 14:30
hmm, both RS6 owners, both huge ron paul fans, both in southern california...

Get out of here!?!?! Ron Paul fan too?!? As Bill & Ted would say, "Most excellent!" :D And DuckWing too? Very cool!

Yes, a beer sounds great. Why not shoot for a meet up at the LA Auto Show? I'm aiming for the first Saturday. Also, he'll (RP) be on Jay Leno's Tonight Show tonight.

As politics are not allowed to be discussed here, I'll save any other conversations about Ron Paul for email/PM.:cheers:

Let me know if you guys want to meet up for the LA Auto Show. I'll snap some pics for the guys of the new Q5 and we can check out that tranny problem.:thumb:

Ben

aarong
October 30th, 2007, 21:28
What are your transmission symptoms? Funky shift (mild rpm hunting) from 2nd to 3rd when cold? This is my symptom. Kind of similar shift from 3rd to 4th when cold but to a lesser degree. I'm going to have the dealer look at it tomorrow.

mostly from 1st to 2nd or from neutral to first. seems like it catchs really roughly 1/5 shifts. lurch...etc. same with downshifts from 3rd to 2nd...doesn't happen every time. but when it does its HARSH.

aarong
October 30th, 2007, 21:29
Get out of here!?!?!

Way!

I actually live downtown and the LA Auto Show is a bit of a father/son tradition with my Dad. First Saturday is perfect -- I'll take this to PM.

Rock on!

Benman
October 30th, 2007, 23:28
First Saturday is perfect -- I'll take this to PM.

1st Sat it is. Perfect.:cheers:

DuckWingDuck
October 31st, 2007, 01:38
1st Sat it is. Perfect.:cheers:

Please include me on the PM. I'm down for Saturday, I'll have photos from the Audi Driving Experience. Too bad my friend couldn't comp me the more awesome half day event.

Benman
October 31st, 2007, 14:53
Please include me on the PM. I'm down for Saturday..

I'm thinking we could all meet @ 12pm at the Audi display? Good?:cheers:

DuckWingDuck
November 1st, 2007, 01:23
Sounds good to me, let me put that in the ye olde calendar!

Babsi
November 1st, 2007, 11:09
Sorry but none of these points is really right, so I am apparently not in the target group.

I'm 30
I'm a female
I'm married but have no children except of the 4 cats
Income is relative, enough to afford a used RS6 but not "as high as they think"
I'm not a managing director just a sales agent
We have 3 cars, but one is the company car of my husband.
My hobby is tuning and Audi so it's the RS6 itself, I hope it's high quality enough ;) But golf or polo is not really my stuff.

Cu Babsi

aarong
November 1st, 2007, 19:14
I'm thinking we could all meet @ 12pm at the Audi display? Good?:cheers:

perfect!

Copper
November 2nd, 2007, 18:47
5 out of 6 for me. I'm 35.

But... I bought my RS6 since it is NOT well know by the general public and Audis in general are understated cars. I've been a BMW guy up until last year. Love my Audi!

I would purchase the new RS6 Saloon in a heartbeat if AoA would import it. One of the key reasons I bought a 2nd RS6 with low miles... looks like I'll be waiting a long time... perhaps a whole A6 generation to get another RS6 in the US.

:rs6kiss:

MikeL01
November 4th, 2007, 16:11
I guess I'm home now. 6 of 6 (both kids in college...peace at last). Wife's car is an 04 A6 4.2 sport and premium packages. A 1993 Corvette ZR1 is now retired to the garage. My RS6 has sport exhaust, carbon trim and GIAC tunes. It is a real pleasure to drive on the twistys here in Kentucky.
Mike

FullThrottleNYC
November 6th, 2007, 15:25
4/6...I'm 40 & live in NYC and 1 car here is considered a luxury...agree with DuckWing- the stealth aspect of this car is the best!

buzz
November 6th, 2007, 16:45
5/6 not bad Audi, E63 will go after RS6 sedan is launched

Buzz

gjg
November 6th, 2007, 20:22
...agree with DuckWing- the stealth aspect of this car is the best!

that's it - stealth factor.... 6/6 on my part, but I got the real Recaro seats (not to rub it Benman :harass: ).......

Interestingly enough guy who has my old Lehmann moded S6 and also tweaked up M5 went out for ride with me Sunday morning and I about had to clean the seat because he had orgasm on take-off :applause: Well it was little wet and about 8C... but still, he made me an offer for the beast right there.... :brag:

DuckWingDuck
November 6th, 2007, 20:29
Rofl!!!!!!

gjg
November 6th, 2007, 20:35
ROFL, if I could bring myself to vote Republican, Ron Paul's the closest one that I would identify with!

hey Ducky, got some pics of Billary .... :jlol: ... nah, that was a low blow ... :cheers:

DuckWingDuck
November 6th, 2007, 22:16
hey Ducky, got some pics of Billary .... :jlol: ... nah, that was a low blow ... :cheers:

Haha!!:lovl:

Erik R.
November 20th, 2007, 21:05
Hmmm, i'm 4 out of 6 (i'm 44 and 9 months :-) ), but i'm not surprised...What KarlMarx said is true, it all comes together...

ppfonda
November 21st, 2007, 02:24
0/6??? just a regular sports fan who recently graduated from school and picked up my rs6 used recently (could never afford a new one).

Erik R.
November 21st, 2007, 21:06
Welllll kid, keep on the track, you're doing nicely :) Even a secondhand RS6 is not cheep in Belgium (taxes kill you!!!!!).

fredb
November 24th, 2007, 07:22
I apologise, but for me it's a 6/6 now. :rs6kiss: :doh: