PDA

View Full Version : Julian Drive...who is going? who has been?

gmbh6
October 19th, 2007, 21:11
How many people have made the trip?

Benman
October 19th, 2007, 22:07
Me, I'm going.

Won't be staying for lunch, but only due to time (a big sale on motorcycle stuff and I can't miss it).

HyOctane has gone in the past. Usually, someone always crashes (so far, no injuries) so it is also exciting.:nana: :rolleyes:

You'll spot me easy as I'll likely be the only guy with the shaved head with Ron Paul magnets on my Beast.

I'll see ya there Sat. morning.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Hy Octane
October 19th, 2007, 22:20
Ahhh. Yes, ... Well, as luck would have it, I had planned to go on the original date but when they moved it to tomorrow, it screwed my plans up.. I have to work late (3am) tonite in Simi Valley and theres no way I can get to Temecula by 8:30 tomorrow and be safe to drive... Shame since its the first time in the last 2 years that my DRC/motor/tranny is working properly and I was looking forward to going this year and seeing Ben and the gang. Also, my son who is 18 is now an Audi guy (as I gave him my 94 UrS4) was going to go too (albeit in a slower rungroup)..so, we will try again next time.
have fun guys..!

Benman
October 19th, 2007, 22:34
Dang Paul...

I was hoping to see you guys again, like you were already saying, it would have been the first time your car was running correctly in the last two years...

ah well.:cheers:

aarong
October 19th, 2007, 23:09
I was hoping to go but my fender is still unfixed, and hence I haven't bought new tires.

DuckWingDuck
October 20th, 2007, 02:07
What's a Julian drive?

gmbh6
October 20th, 2007, 18:20
What's a Julian drive?

It's a cool drive put together by the SCC Audi that starts near Temecula and end in Julian California (in the San Diego mountains)..........which I again missed :noshake:

DuckWingDuck
October 20th, 2007, 18:49
Doh! Damn, would've been fun. Time to bookmark SCC Audi's website!!

Benman
October 22nd, 2007, 20:23
Hey! What happened? Nobody went? :D

Ah well... was just two RS 6s there. A good time though. I cut out early this year since wifey and fam didn't join me and no one from the forum was there. Only a couple of familiar faces so wasn't quite as interesting for me this year...

here's to next year.:cheers:

DuckWingDuck
October 22nd, 2007, 22:09
Need advanced notice!!

Audiphile
October 23rd, 2007, 02:59
Hey! What happened? Nobody went? :D

Ah well... was just two RS 6s there. A good time though. I cut out early this year since wifey and fam didn't join me and no one from the forum was there. Only a couple of familiar faces so wasn't quite as interesting for me this year...

here's to next year.:cheers:

Hey Benman,

I was there! The silver S6. Nice to see you again as its been a while. Too bad you didn't make lunch. Next time.

The Julian Drive is a long standing Southern California Audi Club tradition. It started in the early part of the decade as the signature drive for SCC Audi members and many SoCal Audi owners wanting to experience the tradition of the drive. The drive starts in Temecula and meanders to Julian in northeast San Diego County. The roads are as twisted as Audi owners themselves. We even have roads named S6 and S7 that never seem to be have a straight line. The Mesa Grande has eaten its share of unexperienced Audi drivers including some S4 drivers who got over there head over the years. There is much lore surrounding this Drive. Also, every letter of Audi shows up with S4s, S6s, RS4s, RS6s, and in some years a very rare S2 Avant, not to mention some amazing urQuattros from previous years. If you live in SoCal or visit and have a chance to run this route it is worth every moment. The scenery is amazing and the amount of Audis that run this is huge. At times over 100 Audis. And if you like to gamble there is a nice stop at Harrah's for an hour our two where you can loose some money.

Benman
October 23rd, 2007, 16:46
Hey Benman,

I was there! The silver S6. Nice to see you again as its been a while. Too bad you didn't make lunch. Next time.

Richard, I didn't know you were "Audiphile"!:cheers:

Was good to see you too. I think SoCalAudi may have waited too long to give out notice this year. In the past, the event had always been summertime (and had weeks of notice), so this year was a suprise to get an email saying it was on Oct 20th.

Problem was I only recieved the email @8-9 days before the actual event and by then had made some afternoon plans.

Here's hoping next year we'll get a little more notice so I can post it here on rs6.com as I've done in the past.

And the S6 looked great. Loved the seats!

Audiphile
October 23rd, 2007, 22:09
Yeah, that's me. Was a great drive, luckily before the whole county went up in a firestorm. Beautiful country destroyed once again. Hopefully, next year the Run is earlier as in May as it should be and with plenty of notice. Nice seeing some old faces which is rare these days at SCC Audi as it has been taken over by track - only types.

Benman
October 24th, 2007, 00:59
Yeah, the fires in So Cal are getting really bad. Some workers at our shop have been evacuated (none have actually lost their homes yet) and it is even spreading down into Mexico.

Benman
October 24th, 2007, 18:21
BTW, for those curious, here is a Google map of the fires in my area (I'm in Murrieta/Temecula so fine for now):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=114250687465160386813.00043d08ac31fe3357571

Feel bad for all the poor people homeless. 1100 lost homes and counting...