PDA

View Full Version : suspension bushings

malofquist
October 19th, 2007, 05:53
i haven't had my rs6 that long.

i just lost a cv boot :(. since I don't know how to grease it, i had it done at a local shop. while they were in there they noticed to top control arm bushings are shot.

one dry rotted out and is gone and the dr side is cracked nd chunks are coming out.

i don't see a lot of write ups about this happening. i think it's really sad that a 4year old car has terribly rotting rubber.

i had a '98 lexus last year whose rubber looked factory fresh.

i should go to polyurethane replacements though, right?

looks like they're cheap enough : http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/products.php?year=2003&make_text=audi&model_text=rs6&category=suspension&subcategory=suspension_bushings&part_name=&brand_name=&price_range=&uni=1&sort=0&limit=2

^^ link to poly bushings for an RS6.

anyone had this prob?

ruxprncd
October 19th, 2007, 13:58
yep - same problem here. my car has ~62K miles. i went ahead and replaced the control arms (aka 'links' in audi-speak) - they are available on ebay for ~$130US, which is quite a discount from audi's price of ~$500!

malofquist
October 19th, 2007, 14:24
I guess they can wear out from just heavy use, even 70k seems young. I guess replacing the entire link makes sense, ESP at that price! Is this a DIY type of job? I have plenty of tools but zero suspension work experience.