PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT-RS doubtfull. ???

Iceman
October 17th, 2007, 05:45
Based on de major redesign of the frontbumper compare to the S-Line, i ask my self are this idications that the TTS will be the top of the TT range.
Because why give it so a different front bumper to differentiate it from the lesser TT's.
The only qustion still is: what engine will be under the bonnet.
I have still no comfirmed engine information about that, or about the engine specs for the TT 2.0TFSI Quattro.

Hans.

AU-297
October 17th, 2007, 05:56
Based on de major redesign of the frontbumper compare to the S-Line, i ask my self are this idications that the TTS will be the top of the TT range.
Because why give it so a different front bumper to differentiate it from the lesser TT's.
The only qustion still is: what engine will be under the bonnet.
I have still no comfirmed engine information about that, or about the engine specs for the TT 2.0TFSI Quattro.

Hans.

I hope it isn't the rumored uprated S3 engine... If it is we'll never see it here in the U.S.
It requires 93 Octane fuel which not all states have... Which is why Audi will never bring it over. If it was the 2.5T 5cylinder... that's another story!!!

I noticed that the suspension doesn't look any lower on the spy shots... Too bad... I was hoping for a more aggressive stance.

Hans, I noticed you said it will get the S8 wheels... which ones? The newer ones from the S8 at IAA? I hope so... as those are super aggressive.

I wonder when Audi will do the press release (how much before Tokyo). Should be anytime now.

RXBG
October 17th, 2007, 13:32
from what i heard a long time ago from the most reliable source on AW, the 2.0 TFSI quattro will have a 230 hp engine. he was a bit less specific about the TT-S- but i remember "5 cylinders" quite well.

imo- audi could replace the base engine in the A4 with this new uprated 2.0 as well (in the US) and replace the 265 hp V6 with the rumored 5 cyl of 300 hp or the also rumored TT V6.

Leadfoot
October 17th, 2007, 14:16
According to EVO who spoke to Mr Riel Chief of QuattroGmbH (hope I got his name correct) that his as much as hinted that they are currently working on a TT/RS as we speak and it will be out soon.

Damienr8
October 17th, 2007, 15:34
According to EVO who spoke to Mr Riel Chief of QuattroGmbH (hope I got his name correct) that his as much as hinted that they are currently working on a TT/RS as we speak and it will be out soon.

I think tha the TTS would top the range. I don't forsee the ttrs. I would love to see a 2.5LTFSI VL with 300hp in the TTS.

Iceman
October 17th, 2007, 15:37
I noticed that the suspension doesn't look any lower on the spy shots... Too bad... I was hoping for a more aggressive stance.

Hans, I noticed you said it will get the S8 wheels... which ones? The newer ones from the S8 at IAA? I hope so... as those are super aggressive.

I wonder when Audi will do the press release (how much before Tokyo). Should be anytime now.
The car i have seen looks lower then the ones on the spypics.
And yes the new S8 one's of the facelifted car.
Tokio start in less then 2 weeks.

Hans.

RXBG
October 17th, 2007, 15:41
i hope hans is right (for the sake of his AW credibility :) )

i can't wait to see it. i too believe this will be the top end TT.

quattro gmbh too busy with the new RS4, RS5, RS6 avant and sedan. and overseeing the development of the R8 V10 and the convertible R8.

AU-297
October 17th, 2007, 16:22
The car i have seen looks lower then the ones on the spypics.
And yes the new S8 one's of the facelifted car.
Tokio start in less then 2 weeks.

Hans.

Sweet!... I hope it makes here to the U.S. as I will be trading in my S-line!~:thumb:

Iceman
October 17th, 2007, 16:45
I hope it isn't the rumored uprated S3 engine...
The S3 engine is a old 2.0 TFSI belt driven one with a design limit of 280 hp.
The TTS will (if it's get a 2.0 litre engine) get the new 1.8TFSI based 2.0TFSI chain driven engine with a design limit of 295 hp.

Hans.

Leadfoot
October 17th, 2007, 17:12
The S3 engine is a old 2.0 TFSI belt driven one with a design limit of 280 hp.
The TTS will (if it's get a 2.0 litre engine) get the new 1.8TFSI based 2.0TFSI chain driven engine with a design limit of 295 hp.

Hans.

This upper limit is exactly what I was told would be the power of the TT/S with the talked about power pack added. 270hp + 25hp power pack.;)