PDA

View Full Version : Audi R8 Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson

trev0006
October 15th, 2007, 09:53
Audi R8 (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/10-16-07page-Audi-R8.htm) Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson

HKS786
October 15th, 2007, 10:37
Thanks! I missed the episode. The R8 looked so much better than the 911 and had much more presence. It even has that supercar look that a 10 year old would scribble...

Also, it is clearly a very balanced car. It's much cheaper and less powerful than the cars above it in the laptimes, but I think you could easily have just as much fun with the R8. It's not all about power, it's about how the R8 delivers the power and handles...

:R8: :R8kiss:

Leadfoot
October 15th, 2007, 15:22
Thanks! I missed the episode. The R8 looked so much better than the 911 and had much more presence. It even has that supercar look that a 10 year old would scribble...

Also, it is clearly a very balanced car. It's much cheaper and less powerful than the cars above it in the laptimes, but I think you could easily have just as much fun with the R8. It's not all about power, it's about how the R8 delivers the power and handles...

:R8: :R8kiss:

This was the point I was trying to make with our learned friend ;) but he clearly felt power and image was what made a supercar. Sorry but that's a very backward opinion in my eyes. Something that combines most of the things which one considers to supercar should be classed as one and in the case of the R8 that means it only narrowly misses out on ultimate performance of which it makes up for in the handling department.

Quattro makes the Ultimate All-weather vehicle and QuattroGmbH make the Ultimate Supercar. :D

Damienr8
October 15th, 2007, 15:32
Damn im at work. I cant wait to see this one!!!

As I stated previously, the R8 is the car at the moment. It has the best chassis, handling characteristics and power delivery out of all the cars in it's market segment (and in higher segments due to its insane laptimes and winning comparisons against cars in higher leagues). As Leadie stated, the car "narrowly misses out on ultimate performance". That is true, but we all know the forth coming 'super' r8 will take care of that.

I again can't wait to see this show when i get home.

HKS786
October 15th, 2007, 15:37
Yep Leadie, and with the R10 even ultimate performance wont be a problem at all :D

HKS786
October 15th, 2007, 15:41
Damn im at work. I cant wait to see this one!!!

As I stated previously, the R8 is the car at the moment. It has the best chassis, handling characteristics and power delivery out of all the cars in it's market segment (and in higher segments due to its insane laptimes and winning comparisons against cars in higher leagues). As Leadie stated, the car "narrowly misses out on ultimate performance". That is true, but we all know the forth coming 'super' r8 will take care of that.

I again can't wait to see this show when i get home.

Haha, I just repeated your last statement, didnt read your post yet :hihi: