PDA

View Full Version : Winter wonder

mbolo
October 14th, 2007, 15:08
As we've all chosen cars that can actually be driven in winter, what recommendations do you all have for winter tyres?

Would ideally like to get a full set of new wheels and keep with the RS4 design 19" or alternatively 18". Ideally graphite or black.

So,
what are your experiences?
any pics of winter setups?

gjg
October 14th, 2007, 16:50
I've used Dunlop Winter Sport M3 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Winter+Sport+M3&partnum=245R8WSM3XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=2&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y) on rs6, V rated, good perfomance overall in snow/wet/cold.

Used Michelins on S6 and was not happy with them, switched to Dunlop (M2 first than M3 as it came out) and would not go back.

gjg
October 14th, 2007, 16:51
and I do have second set of rims with winter wheels on (use 19 summer/18 winter)

MrBucket
October 15th, 2007, 14:52
I've used Dunlop Winter Sport M3 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Winter+Sport+M3&partnum=245R8WSM3XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=2&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y) on rs6, V rated, good perfomance overall in snow/wet/cold.

Used Michelins on S6 and was not happy with them, switched to Dunlop (M2 first than M3 as it came out) and would not go back.

Dunlop has one model higher than that that come in the stock size for the 19" wheels, Wintersport 3D and I intend to get a set for myself.

gjg
October 15th, 2007, 20:00
Dunlop has one model higher than that that come in the stock size for the 19" wheels, Wintersport 3D and I intend to get a set for myself.

this a new one - looks good, like mix of M2 & M3 :thumb:

nene
October 15th, 2007, 22:28
I used Wintersport M3 for 2 Winters when I was running stock 18". They were great.
Once I moved to the 19" wheels because of the brakes, I am on Wintersport 3D, and they were pretty good last year. They're on already for this upcoming Winter.