PDA

View Full Version : Audi R8 "Magnetic Ride" or Not.

Iceman
October 6th, 2007, 02:49
What will you choose.

Hans.

gjcknocker
October 6th, 2007, 11:59
I had the opportunity to be a passenger in an R8 with magnetic ride (originally verysceptical of this in a TT) and the driver put the R8 through its paces on some very tight and very twisty back roads at incredible speeds and the car went round corners as if it was on rails. When I was able to take my eyes off the road the rev counter was in excess of 7000 revs and the car was travelling in excess of 100mph ........absolutely fabulous and in my opinion will take many sales from Porsche

Iceman
October 6th, 2007, 12:12
I have experienced a non MR R8 R-Tronic and it go's like hell without any drama, not sure if it need MR ad all.
btw MR is not bullit prove, a vriend of mine had to replace a broken MR demper on his TT 2.0TFSI within a year of owner ship.
It was replaced under warrenty but what happens when one broke after the warrenty time :vhmmm: it will cost a lot.

Hans.

Speedou
October 6th, 2007, 13:03
As regular MR but I guess I would order the car without, because I think every car needs aftermark suspension :)

Leadfoot
October 6th, 2007, 13:54
On normal roads and at normal/fast driving speed I very much doubt MR would offer any tangible evidence that it's worth the money. OK it can offer two settings, one slightly more comfortable and the other not so. My experience of back to back driving of two TT cars one with and the other without I would still pay to extra for it, I steering felt slightly sweeter with MR and it's cornering attitude was more level.

I don't know if this opinion would be the same with the R8 but reckon it's benefits of offering a sweeter ride when not pushing and a slightly better tied down handling when on the track would be worth the small outlay involved.

As for the cost per corner if out of warranty, I believe it something like £475 each.

Iceman
October 6th, 2007, 14:00
On normal roads and at normal/fast driving speed I very much doubt MR would offer any tangible evidence that it's worth the money. OK it can offer two settings, one slightly more comfortable and the other not so. My experience of back to back driving of two TT cars one with and the other without I would still pay to extra for it, I steering felt slightly sweeter with MR and it's cornering attitude was more level.

I don't know if this opinion would be the same with the R8 but reckon it's benefits of offering a sweeter ride when not pushing and a slightly better tied down handling when on the track would be worth the small outlay involved.

As for the cost per corner if out of warranty, I believe it something like £475 each.
Something like 700+ Euro right. :vhmmm:

Hans.

Leadfoot
October 6th, 2007, 15:04
Something like 700+ Euro right. :vhmmm:

Hans.

Yes Hans I think so.