PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm excited....

jasaretta
October 6th, 2007, 00:14
Just put my deposit down to hold my spot for a V10 R8 - should come just in time for the end of the RS4 lease ....from :rs4kiss: to :R8kiss:

Iceman
October 6th, 2007, 02:44
There is still no official proof that the faster R8 will have a V10 engine.
It's more looking like that the faster R8 will share it's engine with the new RS4/5.
In that case we talk about a bigger volume or Bi-turboed V8 engine.
A V10 in the R8 make no sence in my eye's if you take a logical look at it.
You will be in the waterway off the Lamborghini Gallardo.
It make more sence to put in a more powerfull V8.
You have then Porsche 911's with atmo and turbo flat sixes, Audi R8 with atmo and turbo V8's and Lamboghini Gallardo with atma V10's in the same stable.
Putting in V10's in the S6, RS6 and S8 is a completely different ballgame and have no influence on the Gallardo's, a V10ed R8 will.

Hans.

jasaretta
October 7th, 2007, 00:07
Thanks Hans - that's ok with me. Whatever they announce then is likely to be on my shopping list. ;)

Leadfoot
October 7th, 2007, 08:23
I believe if the faster R8 isn't a V10 then it will be a V8 version of the RS6 engine complete with turbos. It's the logical choice, the R8 is the everyday supercar which provides all the performance and handling of the Gallardo in a less extreme package, with a turboed V8 you have this less extreme driving style but with all of the performance.

I reckon if it is a V8 Bi-turbo then the powerwise it will be 500hp but with over 425ft/lbs of torque. Good numbers for something which will only be 30kgs over than the standard R8.