PDA

View Full Version : Unclear A3 future

bubsman
October 5th, 2007, 19:24
I really don't know what to do... I finally have decided to get an A3, but because of the recent news I'm gonna wait. Could you help me with some questions?
We all have seen the A3 Cabrio spy pics: If I'm not wrong it will probably be presented in Geneva'08 (March)...Will this new look only affect the cabrio model? Will it affect to the 3-door and Sportback models? And to the S3? (It's only one year old!!). Will there be any more changes? Engines? More DSG?(i.e: S3 S-tronic?)
And finally...how long until a totally new version? Because as I've seen in the spy pics it's quite different (specially the back) and LEDs lights etc...it's almost a new version, anyway...thank you for your answers, I'm really doubtful about what to do...

Iceman
October 5th, 2007, 19:42
The hole A3 range will get the facelift with all the changes.

Hans.

Leadfoot
October 6th, 2007, 23:06
Like Hans says, the A3 will get all the changes that are present with the Cabio. These rear lights are to match the A4/5 and they will be rolled out through the rest of the ranges.

I haven't hear whether or not the interior is getting anything different but chances are if it does they will be small changes.

Engine wise there will be a new 204hp 2.0TDi diesel and a 125hp 1.4TSi petrol.

itisme
October 10th, 2007, 13:52
the facelifted a3 isn't looking that much different to the current one. just headlights and some small body changes. Gess the most is done "under the hood". For those who want more power than a 3.2 could offer you and 4 doors and space (in other words a Sportback) should wait for the facelift...