PDA

View Full Version : Official figures for the new IS-F !

HKS786
October 4th, 2007, 11:15
http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/07/1004.html

417hp and 373lb-ft of torque

Leadfoot
October 4th, 2007, 11:23
Word of warning, fuel in Japan is of a higher quality than almost everywhere else, so expect a slight decrease in these figures else where.

RussianM3_dude
October 4th, 2007, 14:55
The engine only revs to 7000rpm. I think it will be more of a very strong S4 kinda engine rather then M3 type.

Leadfoot
October 4th, 2007, 17:39
Once again Lexus has taken aim at BMW and missed the target. Well that's how it seems from the spec but we won't know for sure until it tested against it's so called rivals.

Z07
October 5th, 2007, 20:12
Word of warning, fuel in Japan is of a higher quality than almost everywhere else, so expect a slight decrease in these figures else where.
With V-Power it should be close enough. Japanese fuel is 99-101RON.

buyalemon
October 5th, 2007, 20:41
500nm ...I think this might be great! 5l V8 420hp ...sounds a bit like the old M5 engine ...and that engine is great! 8 gears ...maybe the the best bulidningquality in the world ...good looks!

Wouldn't be smart to build a car to fit in the exact segment of M3 and RS4:s ...I get the feeeling they're aiming at Mercedes!!

Leadfoot
October 6th, 2007, 09:14
With V-Power it should be close enough. Japanese fuel is 99-101RON.

True, but I was voicing my concerns to our fellow US members as their fuel only is 95-97RON.

Z07
October 6th, 2007, 17:47
True, but I was voicing my concerns to our fellow US members as their fuel only is 95-97RON.
Their premium is 93-94 Octane. The rating used is (RON+MON)/2. Comparatively speaking, their 93 Octane is about 99 RON.

OfftheHeZie
October 10th, 2007, 06:47
No soul. No history. Nothing amazing. I'll pass.

~Mason

Leadfoot
October 10th, 2007, 09:11
No soul. No history. Nothing amazing. I'll pass.

~Mason

It might not have all of the above but the price is very interesting, EURO 46,286 (£32K). This price is according WCF so unless they have got the price wrong this time round it looks like the LEXUS will be a bigger threat than ever before.

RussianM3_dude
October 10th, 2007, 11:19
Holy Moly!!!! That means the Swiss price will be close to like 42-44K or 70-72K CHF 10-15K Cheaper then an S5!!! Dang, it suddenly looks interesting.

Leadfoot
October 10th, 2007, 15:05
Their price can't be right, this will put the car in line with the IS300 in the States. I think we will have to wait and see the official price.

RussianM3_dude
October 10th, 2007, 15:26
You mean the IS350???? It's 37,000 USD.

tazsura
October 10th, 2007, 15:59
I'm guessing around £40000 for the UK.

As the IS 250 Sport is around £27K on the road, a £10K premium would be around the figure i would expect for the increased performance et al.

Also, considering this isn't simply just a case of a bigger engine, the IS-F is introducing Lexus's version of M, AMG and RS they'll want to distance it further from the rest of the IS range too.

Taran :cheers:

Leadfoot
October 10th, 2007, 16:19
Yes I meant IS350.:doh:

I'm guessing around £40000 for the UK.

As the IS 250 Sport is around £27K on the road, a £10K premium would be around the figure i would expect for the increased performance et al.

Also, considering this isn't simply just a case of a bigger engine, the IS-F is introducing Lexus's version of M, AMG and RS they'll want to distance it further from the rest of the IS range too.

Taran :cheers:

Taz,

Correct the IS250 in top spec is £27K but over here we don't have to mid spec model (IS350) which is available in the US and Japan, it's price would be closer to £33K over here if available so I would expect the IS-F to be something like £44~45K here in the UK.

Even at this price it's something I would consider as a option to owning an M3, C63 or RS4.

RussianM3_dude
October 10th, 2007, 16:34
The difference between the is250 and is350 is like 4000USD only, if I am not mistaken.

Leadfoot
October 10th, 2007, 17:07
The difference between the is250 and is350 is like 4000USD only, if I am not mistaken.

If so then it might be something in between what I think and Taz is reckoning on, £41~42K. Which regardless on your opinions on the brand itself, no one can deny that either of these prices would have us thinking twice about having a test drive at the very least and I for one would be under the opinion if it's close enough which I believe it will be to the competition then chances are all of the German brands will have a fight on their hands. The only thing that might save them is the limited numbers being supplied.

rubyblack
October 10th, 2007, 18:48
Yes I meant IS350.:doh:

Taz,

Correct the IS250 in top spec is £27K but over here we don't have to mid spec model (IS350) which is available in the US and Japan, it's price would be closer to £33K over here if available so I would expect the IS-F to be something like £44~45K here in the UK.

Even at this price it's something I would consider as a option to owning an M3, C63 or RS4.

The price will be a smidging under £50,000. The options list will be very limited as the production model will come more or less specced up. There are rumoured to be only 148 units coming to the UK in 2008 and a fair few will be released to press and for shared Lexus centre demonstration purposes.....:dig:

Leadfoot
October 10th, 2007, 22:15
If true than I don't feel it will be as popular as I first thought, maybe the limited numbers which is very limited indeed meant that Lexus too reckon sales won't be big either.

rubyblack
October 10th, 2007, 22:51
If true than I don't feel it will be as popular as I first thought, maybe the limited numbers which is very limited indeed meant that Lexus too reckon sales won't be big either.

The info came from a very reliable source who works for Lexus UK, intersting to hear also that Lexus marque finance the advertising costs of Toyota per say. Big number sales is not their intention for this model nor any of the LS, LX and IS derivitives either and it is also rumoured that they intend to reduce their units into the UK for 2008 so as to impose a rebalance of residual lease company vehicle sales, forward thinking and clever!! I currently have a slot allocated and accordingly a deposit on an IS-F for 3Q 2008 delivery....:thumb:

Leadfoot
October 10th, 2007, 23:40
The info came from a very reliable source who works for Lexus UK, intersting to hear also that Lexus marque finance the advertising costs of Toyota per say. Big number sales is not their intention for this model nor any of the LS, LX and IS derivitives either and it is also rumoured that they intend to reduce their units into the UK for 2008 so as to impose a rebalance of residual lease company vehicle sales, forward thinking and clever!! I currently have a slot allocated and accordingly a deposit on an IS-F for 3Q 2008 delivery....:thumb:

It's the unknown with this car which scares me. At £41K or so the thing would have to be pretty bad before you would feel short charged but at similar prices to the RS4/M3 and C63 it better be good, very good in fact. I known Lexus do hold their money well in the normal IS range and are better in some markets than even the big German three but this is a total new venture for Lexus.

I hope mate you aren't going to regret this decision and can get out of the deal if the reviews of it aren't to favourable. :looking:

rubyblack
October 11th, 2007, 07:06
It's the unknown with this car which scares me. At £41K or so the thing would have to be pretty bad before you would feel short charged but at similar prices to the RS4/M3 and C63 it better be good, very good in fact. I known Lexus do hold their money well in the normal IS range and are better in some markets than even the big German three but this is a total new venture for Lexus.

I hope mate you aren't going to regret this decision and can get out of the deal if the reviews of it aren't to favourable. :looking:

;) ...of course, the deposit is fully refundable. :D

Leadfoot
October 11th, 2007, 23:16
;) ...of course, the deposit is fully refundable. :D

Don't get me wrong, I hope it's a great car, no doubt it's build quality is great. Have you heard any of the important stuff like weight balance, shift speed of the gearbox, brake sizes etc.

I see they are quoting some impressive Co2 ratings and economy isn't to bad either.

tazsura
October 12th, 2007, 09:17
Oooh £50K is pushing it in my eyes. It's going to have to be a fantastic car to command that price in what is a new territory for Lexus. Considering the expected price of the C63 is around £55K, I think the Lex will find it very tough.

Taz :king:

HKS786
October 12th, 2007, 10:27
Oooh £50K is pushing it in my eyes. It's going to have to be a fantastic car to command that price in what is a new territory for Lexus. Considering the expected price of the C63 is around £55K, I think the Lex will find it very tough.

Taz :king:

Agreed. Under 50k would be acceptable. That's if the car is as good as I think it might be...

RussianM3_dude
October 12th, 2007, 10:55
I am thinking the price will be just slightly above the S4.

Leadfoot
October 12th, 2007, 10:55
Agreed. Under 50k would be acceptable. That's if the car is as good as I think it might be...

Even if it had of been Honda who had produced this IS-F under the Honda badge I still would have doubt about it's success and resale value. And that's from a brand which has had numerous amazing driver's cars and the totally brilliant NSX, the fact that it's from Toyota (no offence meant) leads me to believe that at £50K or there about it's a very big gamble to take with your own money.

MugelloRS6, you are a man with balls of steel.:bow:

rubyblack
October 12th, 2007, 11:08
Even if it had of been Honda who had produced this IS-F under the Honda badge I still would have doubt about it's success and resale value. And that's from a brand which has had numerous amazing driver's cars and the totally brilliant NSX, the fact that it's from Toyota (no offence meant) leads me to believe that at £50K or there about it's a very big gamble to take with your own money.

MugelloRS6, you are a man with balls of steel.:bow:

Thanks Leadie.....

:bigeyes:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5608&stc=1&d=1192184370

however I also have my eye on a lovely S5 in Onyx Grey...:thumb:

Leadfoot
October 12th, 2007, 11:23
Man you need to shave those legs.

P.S.

I notice you should be driving a Ferrari as your manhood is in proportion.:hihi: