PDA

View Full Version : Phaeton R60 in Autocar

fastsaloons
June 7th, 2003, 01:17
R60 is go (http://www.fastsaloons.com/newsstory.php?reviewField=1364&type=1)

They have a couple of pics the front is wild huge air dams

:alig:

krabu
June 7th, 2003, 01:24
Nice, but where's the substance in the link?
I can only find a "subscribe to Autocar" text and a page with some stats over the car. :eye:

fastsaloons
June 7th, 2003, 01:26
Not too much info as yet - if I get chance I'll scan in the photos

krabu
June 7th, 2003, 01:41
Originally posted by fastsaloons.com
Not too much info as yet - if I get chance I'll scan in the photos

That would be really nice If you would do. :D
Found a small norwegian article after a little search:
(my translation)

During the past time there has been many rumours in the media about that Volkswagen is planing a special version of the Phaeton with at least 600 bhp. This especially from the english magazines What Car and Autocar.

The cars source of power is claimed to be the same turbo W12-engine as in the new Bentley Continental GT, but with more horsepower. Closest competitors to this car would be the 500 bhp Mercedes-Benz S 600 our the upcoming S 65 AMG with 612 bhp. But the S 65 AMG is not officialy confirmed from AMG, but since the CL 65 AMG - with the same engine - is a factum there's probably only a question of time before the S-class will be fitted with the same engine.

Autocar refers to the new Phaeton R60 as the top-of-the-line version in the Volkswagens new R-family (along with the Golf R32)

But will Volkswagen really get a more powerful engine then Bentley? - Perhaps not since Bilrevyens (the name of the norwegian magazine) editor has heard that Bentley is planing a Red Label version of the Continental GT and that this car maybe will have as much as 650 bhp based on the same engine. And then what about Audi? You may count with a engine in the same league when the upcoming S8 is released.

There you are - please don't complain about the spelling since I don't have the energy to spell-check the text right now. :)

Regards
/peter

fastsaloons
June 9th, 2003, 10:56
Ok I added an image of the front of the car to the original link. The rear was shown but looked pretty standard in comparison.

:0:

krabu
June 9th, 2003, 11:15
That is one brutal front. :)
Thank you fastsaloons for that! :cheers:
But I don't know it's that smart to have a front like that on a Phaeton R60. I mean - how does the avarege Phaeton R60 buyer out? Probably a man, around 50, good income and in the new of a really fine business-car.
Then the R60-front looks way to sporty - to much Mitsubishi Evo over the hole thing. And especially with those air-vents on the bonnet. No, I think a more moderat front would be a better choise for a car of that type.
Pity, but true I guess.

bonte
June 9th, 2003, 13:52
da&mn, that seriously is one ugly front! Doesn't match the rest of the car at all...!