PDA

View Full Version : What is Quattro?

Leadfoot
October 3rd, 2007, 17:17
What is Quattro or should I say, how should one describe what it is.

My reason for this silly thread is that Audi don't seem to have a standard statement for what it is.

All of these descriptions are from Audi UK on most of the cars sold here.

supplied by Audi UK
QuattroŽ S3
Incorporating quattro permanent four-wheel-drive is the key to the S3's superb handling.<O:p<O:p

QuattroŽ TT
quattro permanent four-wheel-drive distributes power efficiently between the front and rear wheels, thus increasing traction, propulsion and safety in all situations.<O:p
<O:p

QuattroŽ A4
quattroŽ permanent four-wheel drive distributes power asymmetrically and dynamically between all four wheels. If one of the wheels threatens to lose grip, quattroŽ compensates for this by redistributing the power.

<O:pQuattroŽ S5
Thanks to quattroŽ permanent four-wheel drive with variable torque split, the S5 achieves unrivalled traction, directional stability and active safety.

<O:pQuattroŽ RS6
quattroŽ permanent four-wheel drive with asymmetric/dynamic torque distribution ensures that the drive power is distributed over the four wheels exactly as each new situation requires.<O:p

QuattroŽ S6
quattro four-wheel-drive means assured road-holding, thanks to its superb traction and dynamic cornering.<O:p

QuattroŽ A8
quattro four-wheel-drive is at the core of Audi's innovative technology. quattro gives the A8 outstanding traction and performance in any weather. At a time when four-wheel-drive is still a unique feature in the luxury class, Audi safety is miles ahead.<O:p

QuattroŽ S8
A car as powerful as the S8 needs plenty of control. It needs quattro. So what better technology to feature on this sporty model than the one that has given Audi the edge on the racetrack for over 25 years?

It does beg the question, do they really know what it is or means.:eye:

Phage
October 4th, 2007, 00:13
I think they're trying to say QuattroŽ is only a four-wheel-drive system... This can't be! :brag: