PDA

View Full Version : AUDI's CPO Policy

930chas
September 29th, 2007, 14:01
Erich/Fast Scooter had mentioned in his for sale thread that Audi had changed their CPO policy. I don't know if many people were aware of this, or not. I surely wasn't. So, I called Audi of America twice yesterday with the VIN # to Erich's car which he had already said the CPO would not transfer over and the VIN # to another car which the seller said the CPO would transfer. Erich's car was CPO'd in April 2007 and the "other car" was CPO'd in January 2007. I talked to two different representatives, and was informed that both cars will not transfer the CPO to the new owner. According to each rep., any car CPO'd after August 2006 will not transfer to the new owner. This is definitely something to be aware of, and probably changes the buying/selling mentality. I was ready to buy the "other car", but will probably pass now that I know it has no warranty.

RS6-4dr911
September 29th, 2007, 17:19
When I was looking I asked about transfer as well on CPO's I looked at and was told that it would not. Since it only covers you for two additional years I didn't see it as a huge plus and opted for a non-audi-dealer car and got the aftermarket warranty - covers me for 60 mos or until I hit 100k on the odo (which was another 75k for mine, a nice balance of 15k/yr, a lot less than I average).

930chas
September 29th, 2007, 19:21
Did they throw in the warranty, or did you have to pay extra for it? I understand what you are saying, but at the same time when you as a buyer are looking at essentially mint RS6s for sale at premium prices, you want the cost of that warranty included in that price, you don't want to pay that premium price and then spend another $3k-5k for an aftermarket warranty. And personally I have never owned a car past 2 years, so the CPO is ideal for me.

Aronis
September 30th, 2007, 01:11
The extended warrantees are worded strangely. Even though I am looking at buying a Audi Pure Protection policy along with my buy out, that policy stipulates that some things are not covered after 50,000 miles.

This clause is odd:

"Mechanical Breakdown means: (1) The failure of a Covered Part due to faulty workmanship or materials supplied by the original vehicle manufacturer or distributor; (2) the failure of a Covered Part due to a gradual reduction in operating performance as a result of normal wear and tear, prior to the vehicle reaching 50,000 miles. A Covered Part has failed when it can no longer perform the function for which it was designed soley because of its condition and not because of the action, inaction, or failure of any non-covered parts."

So, if the Turbo wears out after 50,000 miles and you warrantee is an extra 48,000 added to the 56,000 miles currently on the car, that warrantee does what???

I'm not sure if anything would be covered since my car has 56,000 miles on it now...

Any thoughts?

Mike

gjg
October 1st, 2007, 19:30
I'd ask friendly shark .... this almost looks like you got :mech: :doh:

Aronis
October 2nd, 2007, 01:19
wearable parts not covered after 50000 are this like bushings mounts etc but transmission covered

FullThrottleNYC
October 2nd, 2007, 15:53
I just got my RS at an Audi dealer and it's still under the original warranty (not for long)- instead of the CPO 2 year/50k I negotiated a 3 year/100k "platinum" extension of the original warranty- which states that it is tranferrable to a new owner. basically gave me an extra year coverage.