PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Rear Power Sun Shade!

snoopra
September 23rd, 2007, 18:31
Guys and Gals, yesterday when I pressed the button to lift the rear sun shade I heard a quick hum and a quiet "thump", but no movement from the shade, any suggestions?:addict:

AudiRS6JD
September 23rd, 2007, 19:24
I am currently having the same problem, although sometimes it does work. If you want it replaced, I believe that it's a $700 part or so, but it's covered under warranty.

aussie rs6
September 25th, 2007, 18:22
I also had same problem with rear shade about 12 months ago.

would not work for a couple of weeks then when about to go to dealer, it started working again and has not failed to work since.

It must have heard me talking about the dealer and feared for its life or being manhandled.!

seriously, these intermittent electrical problems are often unfathomable.
dealer vag check showed all ok.

:race: :race: :race:
ps two weeks ago I took the beast to a local track day with jag club at collie in western australia. The "german hotrod" as fellow jag club members affectionately call it, retained its crown from last year of fastest lap time of 58 seconds on a reasonably tight track against wrx sti's, aston martin and a couple of modified etypes. my son in law was driving.
I must confess I have never seen anyone drift an RS6 through an S bend other than clarkson in his lambo gallardo spyder on a recent top gear show. rear brakes started smoking after 5 fast laps on return to pits but fronts were ok.

:addict: :addict: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:
also took part in a motorkhana with the witches hat things, but beast was hopeless against the wrxsti's and an mgb with fully worked rover 3.5 litre V8 and 400bhp at rear wheels. locked diff power slides to get around the corners were the trick to win here.

AuditudeA642
September 25th, 2007, 22:37
i had the same problem with my 4.2 but it also worked sometimes.

gregoryindiana
September 26th, 2007, 02:21
Guys and Gals, yesterday when I pressed the button to lift the rear sun shade I heard a quick hum and a quiet "thump", but no movement from the shade, any suggestions?:addict:

When i bought the car, and also for the wife's A6 4.2, we were told that you pressed the button once, and always wait for it to finish the cycle of going up or down before shutting down the ignition. Also, never push the button while the mechanism is already working its magic.

We have had no problems. This may not help if the damage is done, by prior owner for example. And maybe it is just urban legend anyway.

aussie rs6
October 3rd, 2007, 19:38
I spoke too soon.

the rear shade has gone into hibernation again!!

push the button and get click and no movement.

mechanics will have to servioce under warranty when goes in for next service.

do the A6 and S6 03/04 models have this same problem?

I do not really need the rear sunshadeas have heavy tinting on windows to keep the perth sun out.- but still annoying to know that electrical gremlin in there.

while talking about matters pertaining to the sun, I have an annoying sqeak from the left edge area of the sunroof when go over less than smooth road.

can anyone offer suggestion/remedy to get rid of the sqeak other than turn up the radio/cd player volume?

regards,

john

snoopra
October 4th, 2007, 05:57
As luck would have it, My shade started working again today!:applause: