PDA

View Full Version : Thought some would find this interesting

42TT
September 23rd, 2007, 15:35
For the last few weeks myself and a tuner have done numerous comparisons with various stages of tune for my RS6, this has involved data logging different engine maps (programs). The aim is to see how much we can get out of my RS6 on the 100 Octane Shell fuel available here.

The data logging and speed/acceleration measurements where carried out using the latest version of Vag-Com 704.1.

The data shown here compares the speed/acceleration of Stage 3 and Stage 4. Also I compared a Stage 4 run with a Stage 4 run after a high speed run ~250km/h to gauge the affects of heat soak.

My car is fairly standard with the following modifications:

Cooling Upgrade
K&N Air Filters
TurboSmart Diverter Valves

Cheers,
42tt

Aronis
September 23rd, 2007, 16:28
hi

Any info on stage 3 or 4 horsepower and comparison to stock?

RS6-4dr911
September 23rd, 2007, 21:32
Very thorough bit of engineering and analysis, and I 'm sure it must be a fun car. However, for the marginal gain over stock, unless you're really racing, hardly seems worth the loss of a warranty and the drop in value for having modded the car. Thanks for posting it though, helps keep me from being tempted to chip my car. I'd be happy to drive it and give you my feedback though...

ruxprncd
September 24th, 2007, 00:21
Thanks for this, and the many other very informative posts!

RS6-4dr911: The difference chipped vs. stock in daily driving is significant - the torque gain is phenomenal. Still, I understand what you're saying in terms of warranty.

42TT
September 24th, 2007, 07:59
Aronis - I dont like guessing on HP I plan one having the car dyno'ed once the final stage of tune is in place and will report back then, as far as comparison against stock if i have time I may load in the standard map for a comparison but i can tell you the difference between Stock and Stage 3/4 is night and day and the fuel economy is much better.

RS6-4dr911 - I aim to prove a point that the standad transmission is upto the task as my car has proven thus far, I drive my car harder than most other RS6 owners and have proven with upgraded cooling and better fluid the transmission can and will last a very long time.

ruxprncd - You are correct with stage 3 and 4 the car is so much faster than standard and even normal APR, GIAC, REVO programs is isnt funny.

From what I have found this is the fastest RS6 over the 1/4mile http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi--RS-6-Drag-Racing.html i hope to match or better this time.