PDA

View Full Version : intro my R8

Ti-Mike
September 21st, 2007, 07:45
Hi to all the members ,
I got my R8 since about 2 month now, mainly use the car for trackdays.

I only can say that the car is pure fun.

Erik
September 21st, 2007, 08:00
Hi and welcome!

What color is it?

Looks like a two-tone green-black on the picture???

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5555&d=1190357067

Ti-Mike
September 21st, 2007, 08:22
the color is moosgreen, it is a very dark green

sebbe67
September 21st, 2007, 09:24
Wow!

A amazing car and a really beutiful colour to, I must say that this is the best looking R8 I have seen so far

But why only use it for trackdays? if I had one I would use every single day of the week.

Benman
September 21st, 2007, 16:44
Ti-Mike,

Welcome to the boards, I'm sure RXBG will be chiming in any time. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Ruergard
September 21st, 2007, 19:38
Congratz on your R8!
That green coulour suits the car pretty well actually, any chance that we'll be seeing more pics? :)

Leadfoot
September 21st, 2007, 19:46
Ti-Mike,

Watched your track video of the R8 and was very impressed not only how the Audi was close to matching the GT3 and Turbo on the straights but the way it dealt with the corners compared to the others.

P.S.

I love the colour and congrats for not following the crowd and going for the norm that seem to be what everyone is ordering.:thumb:

Skaala
September 21st, 2007, 19:50
"geniouses pick green"

nene
September 21st, 2007, 20:12
Congrats and welcome Mike. Thanks for the great pix as well.

Audifan92
September 21st, 2007, 20:28
Congrats!
looks really nice
my dad is supposed to get his that color

LU-RS6
September 21st, 2007, 21:20
Congrats with this beautiful car!

Good to know there is an R8 in Ticino :thumb:

AndyBG
September 22nd, 2007, 02:18
Green R8..., I never had a thought about that colour on R8.

Looks fantastic ! :thumb:

Enjoy it !

Ti-Mike
September 22nd, 2007, 05:46
First, thanks for the nice welcome.

I have to admit, I was a little sceptical about the car, but it's great.
It is not a drag racer but try to beat it on the race track, with another stock car.
That is what the car is been build for.

The only negative side on the R8, is the EYE CATCHER FACTOR, what a pain in the a**.

You park the car for 5 minutes, you will find 6 to 10 people around the car taking pictures.

Everywhere you go people are pointing with the fingers at the car etc.

Others cars are stoping to look at the car or drive beside and make pictures or film.

One guy told me this, he received his R8 one week before me, well, I thought can't be this bad.

Guess what, it's a nightmare, he was right.

No matter the car i great and all this rumor's, I don't care, because as my gandmother used to say: Bad news are going twice around the globe, before the good news leave town.

AndyBG
September 22nd, 2007, 13:09
Ho would guess couple of years ago...

Audi that draws saw much attention, that its owner feels uncomfortable... :hihi:
What matters the most, IMHO, is that you are satisfied and that you are enjoying your car !

How do you like that R-tronic gearbox, is it capable of performance driving, is it too slow... How would you rate it... ?

:cheers:

Ti-Mike
September 22nd, 2007, 14:02
Ho would guess couple of years ago...

Audi that draws saw much attention, that its owner feels uncomfortable... :hihi:
What matters the most, IMHO, is that you are satisfied and that you are enjoying your car !

How do you like that R-tronic gearbox, is it capable of performance driving, is it too slow... How would you rate it... ?

Ciao Andy,
the R-tronic is very quick in S-Mode and shifted by the paddles on the wheel and very soft and easy in A-Mode in the City.

If you can download the video in my signature you'll see how quick it shifts, and in S-Mode it is manual, that means it doesn't shift at 8250rpm you will run into the limiter , shifting down will only allow if you are in the rpm's, that after the gear has changed you won't be in the limiter.

I very sadisfied with it and it allows you to use the left foot for breaking on the race track.

AndyBG
September 23rd, 2007, 03:54
...I very sadisfied with it and it allows you to use the left foot for breaking on the race track.

Nice to hear that, most of people are not completely satisfied with those modern auto' gearboxes, I'm glad that R-tronic proves it self to be that useful on all fields.

Now, I have a stupid question... :D

What fuel consumption is your ''bord'' showing, is it close to those Audis official numbers ?

I'm asking this, bc I am curious how big difference is between RS 4 and R8... they have same engine, after all.

Sanjuro
September 23rd, 2007, 07:38
Sensational colour choice - great car.

Ti-Mike
September 23rd, 2007, 17:01
Ciao Andy,
sorry haven't checked the fuel consumption, but i can tell you that the new 4.2l FSI engine is much different then the RS4 4.2l engine, because of the double throttle and the much better airbox......the engine really kicks in much better.

I will have an eye on the fuel consumption.........

AndyBG
September 23rd, 2007, 18:40
Check that if you can.. I'm curious to now.

:cheers: :bye:

cazorp
September 28th, 2007, 00:02
Nice pick with a beautiful color!! Really resembles of many good race cars painted in the British Racing Green-colour!

raulg
September 28th, 2007, 16:08
Ciao Andy,
sorry haven't checked the fuel consumption, but i can tell you that the new 4.2l FSI engine is much different then the RS4 4.2l engine, because of the double throttle and the much better airbox......the engine really kicks in much better.

I am not sure I understand how the RS4 V8 4.2 FSI is different from the R8 engine. Both FSI, both 4162cc, supposed to be the same engine (Audi says so, also all those magazines), exactly the same hp and tq output at the same rpms, etc. The R8' engine is taken from the RS4, it's not new at all.

Do you mind explaining that?

Ti-Mike
September 28th, 2007, 16:57
Completly differnet airbox , different distribution of the air to the engine, 2 throttle valves, the characteristics is completely different, much quicker response to the throttle pedal, the max rpm 8000 not 8250

RussianM3_dude
September 28th, 2007, 17:51
I think that the graduation of the rev counter stops at 8000 and red zone begins. My RS4 also "only" rev's to 8000rpm.

raulg
September 28th, 2007, 21:07
Completly differnet airbox , different distribution of the air to the engine, 2 throttle valves, the characteristics is completely different, much quicker response to the throttle pedal, the max rpm 8000 not 8250

But since the specs on both cars are the same, it means the engines have the same power output. So how are all the modifications helping the car powerwise?

Don't get me wrong, I have track drove both RS4 and R8 and clearly IMO the R8 is a better car al around, since it's midengined, 200 lbs lighter, etc ..

raulg
September 28th, 2007, 21:24
Just checked the video you have with your car/track day, very nice, I really like the stand and the look of the R8, so much flatter and exotic compared to those Porsches ... Nice chase too ...

Only one question, though: why is your car DIRTY?!?!??!?!??! (interior, passenger side).

Ti-Mike
September 29th, 2007, 06:00
Only one question, though: why is your car DIRTY?!?!??!?!??! (interior, passenger side).

why should the car be dirty........i don't get this

markk
May 1st, 2008, 14:11
hello, I love the colour of this R8,
ti mike has all ready mentioned it is moosgreen, is this the same as
monterey green or deep sea green? I an UK based if you know what it is called here, also is it a standard colour or exclusive.
Thanks, markk

LamboM
May 2nd, 2008, 09:00
First, thanks for the nice welcome.

I have to admit, I was a little sceptical about the car, but it's great.
It is not a drag racer but try to beat it on the race track, with another stock car.
That is what the car is been build for.

The only negative side on the R8, is the EYE CATCHER FACTOR, what a pain in the a**.

You park the car for 5 minutes, you will find 6 to 10 people around the car taking pictures.

Everywhere you go people are pointing with the fingers at the car etc.

Others cars are stoping to look at the car or drive beside and make pictures or film.

One guy told me this, he received his R8 one week before me, well, I thought can't be this bad.

Guess what, it's a nightmare, he was right.

No matter the car i great and all this rumor's, I don't care, because as my gandmother used to say: Bad news are going twice around the globe, before the good news leave town.
First of all, Very Nice car I really like the color.
I wondered how would an R8 look in green. :R8kiss:
Concradulations!!!!!

Now , you have bought a top of the line sports car , and you don't see those every day so when you drive one, expect not less than getting a lot of attention wherever you go, it's that kind of car.

But if attention makes you comfortable, you shoud thank that you've bought
a discreet sports car rathan then an insane supercar such as a murcielago
or zonda cause that would drive you insane :) .

The RS6
May 22nd, 2009, 13:16
I know you sold it, but check out germancarblog.com, they have an article on their frontpage :)

http://www.germancarblog.com/2009/05/audi-r8-spotted-in-monterey-green.html

KresoF1
May 22nd, 2009, 15:12
I know you sold it, but check out germancarblog.com, they have an article on their frontpage :)

http://www.germancarblog.com/2009/05/audi-r8-spotted-in-monterey-green.html

And all wrong info about colors... Same on fourtitude... I think that info is out Ducth friend here....

Just... Mike's R8 4.2 FSI was in special Moosegruen(via 9996 code) and his current R8 5.2 FSI is in Brilliant Red.

Ti-Mike
May 22nd, 2009, 15:40
right, this is my car and the picture has been taken at the lake of lugano.......
sniff i still miss the green one , it has been a nice color and car

markk
May 22nd, 2009, 21:18
:R8kiss:

It is monterey green, the same as this one

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1049907.htm

mk

Phage
May 22nd, 2009, 22:30
:R8kiss:

It is monterey green, the same as this one

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1049907.htm

mk

Actually it has been stated 2 times in this thread this color is not Monterey green.

the color is moosgreen, it is a very dark green

Searching google i found an explanation from Kreso on another forum that explains :hihi:
Was actually looking for the different color codes but i guess the mistake has been made before.

Just Ti-Mike R8 is NOT in Monterey Green Pearl Effect but, in Moose Green from Audi Exclusive. Monterey is lighter and more grass green in shade then Moose Green...