PDA

View Full Version : ECU Re-Mapping

Marty72
September 19th, 2007, 12:43
It seems to me that JD Engineering in Holland is everyone's favorite Engine Re-mapping company,but living in the North of England it's a fair trek(although a good one in an RS4:incar: ) to get there. Does anyone know of any other reputable tuning company's in the UK other than DMS. :vhmmm:

Mori
September 20th, 2007, 00:02
I heard that an RS4 remapped by ABT blew its engine. Supposedly because of the remap.

Hence I'm relying on Audi engineers and not changing anything until reliability is confirmed.

42TT
September 20th, 2007, 04:23
Possible cause of failure with the RS4 may be tuners increasing the rev-limit, as the RS4 engine has the highest piston speed in standard tune increasing the rev limit also increased the piston speed when the extra rpm range is used, other than that the tuner may have allowed too much timming or/and lean mixtures causing detonation and engine failure.

42tt

MR USER
September 20th, 2007, 14:13
I had mine chipped now for quite some time... and it works like a charm

Extra ponies: 30
No speed limit
Rev limiter to 8600

I drove it for about 20k km so far and the only think I've noticed is that fule consumption went down (expected) and oil consumption went slightly up (unexpected)... The rest is just perfect! the extra revs mean smother changes and the top speed i've seen on the counter is 305... I guess about 290 real speed... but it takes ages to get there... after 270 it feels like you are loosing power till max speed... I guess the airflow is not optimise for high speed!

Of course top speed was tested in german Autobahn....

t urbo
September 20th, 2007, 15:35
It seems to me that JD Engineering in Holland is everyone's favorite Engine Re-mapping company,but living in the North of England it's a fair trek(although a good one in an RS4:incar: ) to get there. Does anyone know of any other reputable tuning company's in the UK other than DMS. :vhmmm:

There are only a few good tuners across the globe and none of them here in the UK.

I had my TT conversion shipped over from the US www.imagineauto.com because they are the only people i trust to have carried out proper in house testing on their own cars.
Likewise with JD Engineering. I know of no one who owns an RS4 B7 and has carried out as much testing on it as Jeroen has.

Book a hotel and spend the weekend in germany testing out your new remap after visiting JD.

Im off to Germany this weekend for some driving and will post my video when i return, going to see how my JD remap goes.

Mori
September 20th, 2007, 16:20
I had mine chipped now for quite some time... and it works like a charm

Whose program do you have?

MR USER
September 20th, 2007, 16:59
Swiss guys from digital tuning...

cally
September 21st, 2007, 01:51
should SKN be trusted?

KK265
September 21st, 2007, 07:04
I heard that an RS4 remapped by ABT blew its engine. Supposedly because of the remap.

Hence I'm relying on Audi engineers and not changing anything until reliability is confirmed.

ABT only remove the v max limiter until 280 km/h.Try alone and ask.They do not have anything with increasing horsepower etc..If you can please ask who paid for the new engine please.I am very interested.

Mori
September 21st, 2007, 08:14
ABT only remove the v max limiter until 280 km/h.Try alone and ask.They do not have anything with increasing horsepower etc..If you can please ask who paid for the new engine please.I am very interested.

50% ABT, 50% customer. Which sucks imo. This is what I -heard- though from another RS4 owner.

KK265
September 21st, 2007, 10:53
50% ABT, 50% customer. Which sucks imo. This is what I -heard- though from another RS4 owner.
Very interesting!50%.Why?It was out of guarantee 50%?

Mori
September 21st, 2007, 11:20
Very interesting!50%.Why?It was out of guarantee 50%?

I have no idea - was told that the customer had to pay around 17K euro and ABT paid the other half.