PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Paintshop!!!

RS6FEVR
June 5th, 2003, 16:33
:D :cheers:
Audi site says I'm out of the paint shop (pretty Misano Red! :mouthshut ) and ready to have MS4 take place! :trash: :trash:
I did speak with my dealer and he informs me, according to his data and factory communication, that the car should be ready for shipment end of June, 1st or 2nd of July. Incidentally, the shipping route has the car disembarked in Houston and railed to Chicago! :eye: :eye:
This is getting tense. Seems like I was in the paint shop forever!
Moving forward :rolleyes:

:addict: FEVR :addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
June 5th, 2003, 19:31
Let me know if you bring your RS6 to Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. I only live 20 min away -- and I don't get mine unitl August. I'm dying here in milestone 1.

:race:

GoFastKindaGuy
June 5th, 2003, 19:51
AAARGGH! I'm back "in planning" again. Audi is making me crazy! Bring yours here even if the paint isn't dry.

:vsad2:

iconcls
June 5th, 2003, 20:24
I'm at MS-4; our cars might be shipmates ;-)

RS6FEVR
June 5th, 2003, 20:42
:cheers: Iconcls, GoFast :cheers:
I'm not opposed to making a run that direction if times and schedules (dry paint and all) work out! :hmm: :hmm:
If there was a coincidental delivery of our vehicles Icon, maybe you and I will have to go "play" up towards WI and let GoFast take a look at both these machines before his gets here? :p
:addict: FEVR :addict:

jimmy94507
June 6th, 2003, 01:22
Argh, mine went to milestone 4 on 5/28 and hasn't changed since then. I was expecting to see some update this morning? Finnus made milestone 6 a week after getting to milestone 4 so I was hoping to get to milestone 6 this week. The dealer advised be their first RS6 should be on a ship leaving 6/7 and mine will probably catch the next on on 6/14. This waiting is tought!
Regards, Jim

Finnus
June 6th, 2003, 02:24
Finnus made milestone 6 a week after getting to milestone 4 so I was hoping to get to milestone 6 this week.

Jim,

The website first showed me entering MS6 on 5/27, then last Monday when I checked again, it showed it as of 5/30! I guess my car got off the boat then back on again! LOL

I think everyone's being jerked around by this thing. It's still better than nothing, but not what it was cracked up to be (remember the promise of live feeds and all).

My dealer thinks (yes, thinks) my car is coming into Delaware, but it may be Houston as well. My dealer gets contradicting and confusing info from their systems as well. I'll keep you posted when it gets here. I guess we're all in the same boat (sorry for the pun).

Icon,

Aren't you the one with the bad luck? Maybe Jim should hope your cars aren't shipmates! LOL

Finnus :cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

jimmy94507
June 6th, 2003, 16:19
Yes, the Special RS6 site appears to be updated whenever someone takes the time to do so? This morning it still shows that I am at milestone 4, however, I just noticed it has been assigned a VIN #!! Does anyone know if this ocurrs in milestone 5, or in Milestone 6? Seems like this would get assigned when it has completed all of the factory testing?? Well, at least it has made some progress. I've sent e-mail to Audi and to my dealer. I hope they get back to me today before they shut down for the weekend!
I also don't know wether my car will be shipped into Houston or into San Diego?

Regards, Jim

RS6FEVR
June 7th, 2003, 00:33
:cheers: Jimmy :cheers:
I just visited the site and noticed I just got my VIN assigned :D :D I'm in MS4 right now. Activity does seem to be taking place.
:incar: FEVR :incar:
:addict:

Benman
June 13th, 2003, 02:46
to jimmy, Finnus, RS6FEVR, iconcls, and GoFastKindaGuy:

the waitng is tuff, but patience is a virtue. all GOOD things to
those who wait:cheers:

ben:addict: :addict: