PDA

View Full Version : I would not surpriced if.....

Iceman
September 15th, 2007, 00:32
The TT-RS by "Quattro GmbH" will have a longitudinal 4.2 V8 FSI Valve-lift engine with 7 speed Quattro DSG gearbox, Torsen T-3 diff and QTV.

Hans.

Audiphile
September 15th, 2007, 03:47
Wow! That sounds like a heavy TT!

AndyBG
September 15th, 2007, 03:55
This sound like BOMB ! :MTM:

I can't belive it...

Where did you get that info'.. When that marvel could be released ? :ttaddict:

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2007, 09:34
The TT-RS by "Quattro GmbH" will have a longitudinal 4.2 V8 FSI Valve-lift engine with 7 speed Quattro DSG gearbox, Torsen T-3 diff and QTV.

Hans.

And which reality are you on at the minute hans?

I would love to see a proper TT with Torsen Quattro but the likelihood of such a thing is none. So much of the car would have to be changed that such a project would never make any money and would only prove that indeed possible.

In a way it would be a mini Veyron moment, engineering for no other purpose than that.

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2007, 14:15
Sorry Hans,

After re-reading this statement it sounds like I was doubting your sanity which was not my intention mate. :thumb:

I meant to say I can't believe that Audi would go to such extremes for what is a very limited model with little or no chance of re-couping the development expense involve in this type of project.

I hope my previous statement didn't come across in the wrong manner.:cheers:

JavierNuvolari
September 15th, 2007, 19:38
Mmmm.... I would be very surprised actually...and I really really doubt that we'll ever see that car, not that I don't want to...it's just Highly unlikely to happen

Iceman
September 15th, 2007, 19:53
Sorry Hans,

After re-reading this statement it sounds like I was doubting your sanity which was not my intention mate. :thumb:

I meant to say I can't believe that Audi would go to such extremes for what is a very limited model with little or no chance of re-couping the development expense involve in this type of project.

I hope my previous statement didn't come across in the wrong manner.:cheers:
I'm a down to earth kind of guy, i'm not taking something the wrong manner that easy.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2007, 20:24
I'm a down to earth kind of guy, i'm not taking something the wrong manner that easy.

Hans.

Great, mow we have that out of the way, how did you come to these conclusion?

Iceman
September 15th, 2007, 22:41
Just wishfull thinking. ;)

And if it will be a longitudinal 3.0 V6 Bi-TFSI Valve-lift engine instead of a 4.2 V8 it's also OK by me. :)

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2007, 23:25
Just wishfull thinking. ;)

And if it will be a longitudinal 3.0 V6 Bi-TFSI Valve-lift engine instead of a 4.2 V8 it's also OK by me. :)

Hans.

Well that wee hint at the 3.0 V6 Bi-turbo is a well knowledge nod that this engine will make it in to a lot more than just the S4. I must say that after re-checking the space in the TT I still can't imagine how Audi could adapt the chassis to accommodate the engine/layout and allow the room for the driver's and passengers foot-well. The only way I see it possible is to remove the rear seats and re-position the front seats by about 2~3 inches.

I must say this statement of yours has got me thinking and I want this thing more than anything, including the RS6 which I really want badly. :love2:

I wonder how soon a MLP platform TT will appear. :vhmmm:

Iceman
September 15th, 2007, 23:36
It just need a redesign of the Engine/Gearbox subframe and you can put in a longitudinal V6/V8 engine. ;)

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2007, 23:46
Me thinks you aren't telling us the whole story. ;)

I must say I only looked at some picture of under the hood and not from under the car but it's very interesting to think that all along this have been possible and Audi nor anyone else had even tried it.

What would the affect on axle balance be with either the V8 or V6, surely it would make the car even more nose heavy or will the new setup fit with the diff ahead of the gearbox.

rqiu
September 16th, 2007, 02:05
Hans,

Why do we need such a car? If Audi does have time to work on such a project, I'd rather they give us the baby R8 - R4!

Leadfoot
September 16th, 2007, 18:42
Hans,

Why do we need such a car? If Audi does have time to work on such a project, I'd rather they give us the baby R8 - R4!

Why not I say and as for the R4 etc, I believe this is already in the pipeline as the R4 is to be co-developed with Porsche as the replacement for the Cayman/Boxster.

SigmaS6
September 23rd, 2007, 14:11
I would not be surprised if the RS didn't come at all. I mean is there any indication that it will? And why would they be so progressive as to change the transversal mounting to a longitudinal one? I mean that would be one of the nicest twists in the life of the MKII, but i don't think something like that was ever done before.

And with the attention and love the TT got so far from Audi (they put the unmodified S3 engine in the TT and call it TTS) I really can't imagine they'd do something that requires as much work as fitting in a longitudinal engine in that platform.

As so often I hope you're right, but I wont be surprised if nothing like that will ever happen.

AU-297
September 24th, 2007, 19:10
Dreamers!
I swear you guys have been debating on this for years now! Iceman says it's going to be released at every show and the info changes almost on the weekly basis! It's almost entertaining:doh:

Iceman
September 24th, 2007, 20:37
Dreamers!
I swear you guys have been debating on this for years now! Iceman says it's going to be released at every show and the info changes almost on the weekly basis! It's almost entertaining:doh:
Misderection mate, misderection.
I can't tell what i know, because it's confidential till Audi reveal it.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 24th, 2007, 22:11
Dreamers!

I think this is uncalled for as everything in development is an ever changing thing. I know for a fact that the RS6 had numerous engine options on the go and the final decision was quite late on. With the TT/S it was signed off quite a while ago and more than 8months ago I remember writing that it would have a 2.0TFSi engine based on what I was told at the time, the only thing that changed was the power output but this might be down to the fact that Porsche is in control and they decided to not have the TT/S out perform the Cayman S. Back 8months ago it was to get a 300-315hp unit or in other words the same as the TT Concept Sport.

Knowing that Hans has the ear of some very important Audi top brass leads me to believe that Audi are considering a longitudinal V6/V8 engine set-up.

Consider this for a moment, why did Audi go to all the trouble making an alloy chassis/body for the TT when they already had the A3 chassis for the job. I doubt the two are identical in every way, so is it possible that Audi did indeed decide to give the TT the option of a longitudinal engine as well.

chewym
September 25th, 2007, 00:24
This TT sound a lot like an R8. Or at least the difference between the two would be quite small.