PDA

View Full Version : Another M3 video with subtitles.

Leadfoot
September 14th, 2007, 19:21
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VGi-41XApDY

Not a bad watch.

Leadfoot
September 14th, 2007, 19:33
Another M3 video only this time in Greece.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8DgtXbz2A

Great car control.

Clio16V
September 14th, 2007, 22:13
Thx! Nice movies!

KK265
September 15th, 2007, 10:35
Another M3 video only this time in Greece.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8DgtXbz2A

Great car control.

But he is always BMW bias and says that everything M is better yhan everything RS.The VCD offered also ΒΜW...In the magazine he says that RS4 V8 was worst car than M3 E 46.

Rutkowsky
September 15th, 2007, 13:00
i have just test drove the new M3 half an hour ago and it is a big thumbs up from me. You have so many so called bmw enthusiasts, driving gods, weirdos, bad mouthing the performance of the new M3 is amazing and yet they are to actually drive the car!!! I'm Speechless!! Then you have some people comparing it to exotics, well apples to oranges i say and the hardcore CSL types, well wrong again, you just can not compare track car to a road car really, can you? I respect the knowledgeable, hardcore Audi/BMW enthusiasts, then again i always have a problem with fanatics.. but to bash the new car that one havn't even driven it properly (similar to new RS6 situation) is absurd. I do realise BMW haven't moved the game up as high as with the launch of E46 M3 but the game has move up for everyone, Audi are much better now than they were back in 2000 and BMW are just a little bit better all IMHO of course

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2007, 14:03
Rutkowsky,

So it a lot better than most of the reviews say it is. Why am I not at all surprised at this, well at the very start I said this new M3 is more appealing to me than ever before, mainly because it isn't as hard core as the last one, it's meant to ride better, be easier to drive in town and has a better spread of torque than ever before. In others words everything I like about my previous S4 and future S5.

But I would still never buy one for two reasons, firstly the interior is plain nasty compared to the S5, that carbon-fibre effect leather is the worst decision BMW ever thought up, why go to this expense and not spend a little bit more and offer the real thing.:doh: And if you chose to not fit this then the only other option is to have an interior which is no more special than a 320d Coupe at less than half it's price. But my main reason would have to be not offering awd, on the track to decision would be a simple one, the rwd M3 would be picked hands down over the RS4 and I reckon most here would agree with this but as not even 5% of my time with the car would be spent on the track I can't ignore the benefits that awd gives on the road and especially in adverse conditions.

So while I may decline the M3 and can see why some many will enjoy ownership of what will be in my opinion the best BMW ever to wear the cherished M badge. :thumb:

Rutkowsky
September 15th, 2007, 16:43
Leadfoot,

very nice post and in regards to the new M3, there are a lot of similarities to Audi's late flagship models and i like it.. ok so the reviewers compare it to previous models and don't rate it as high, they don't because it is very different and are probably affraid they might not be taken seriously by hardcore M fans. Anyway, my observations are as follows in brief.. low end torque-much easier to drive to my e46 M3, handled very very well on this beautiful day today and i reckon, a skillful M3 driver will give a good chase a good RS driver, straight line acceleration-my buttometer tells me it is faster to RS4, very nice V8 sound imo of course, the car is comfortable yet sporty if you want it to be and pulls like a train, it really does, handles a lot better than my current M3 and that car's not bad at all imo. Hopefully, 2008/9 i'll be able to have two cars, it will be RS6 and this new M3 so Exotics.. don't do it for me, too flash, too much attention, not me definitely!! A lot of people read the reviews beforehand and when they take a test drive, they already have a negative mind set, then on forums, you read some silly statements, all because it is easier to be critical and controversial gives you bigger audience, also one doesn't need to be affraid to be accused of low standards. A lot of people can not afford £60k car (yet make themselves look like they could pull out the cash any time they wanted to) so they would much rather be negative and just pretend not to want one and then of course you have the old school ones, and if it was for them, we would all have to drive manual cars. I give you Leadie a big thumbs up for speaking your mind up about the new M3, it is a different M car and not everyone likes it, for some i guess, change is extra difficult. I respect opinions about 4wd cars, i still want RS, just can not afford to have two cars at the moment. On the other hand, the interior of the new M3 is not to my liking at all at the moment, might change my mind

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2007, 17:16
Thanks mate for your respect of my own opinion on the M3. I haven't driven the car as yet and am basing my opinions on what I have read and reading between the lines, so to speak.

We are on agreement about the interior, but in a way what can BMW really do to make it different, the real problem is the building blocks they are starting with, the new 3 series and on a whole all current BMW with the exception of the new X5 aren't luxurious enough for the money they command. I suppose with the right choice of leather and tasteful silver or wood trims the car could be made to look nice but ever in the way the current new batch of Audis look. I reckon BMW put all their effort in to the driving experience and less so the actual pleasure of owning and living with the thing.

As for the actual driving experience, there is no doubt it will put a smile on your face, some of the reviews talk about the sound not being as good as the RS4 but from what I hear it sounds every bit as good. The looks are very understated compared to the RS4, in fact more in keeping with Audi S models than previous M3, but again I reckon this is a good thing, why shout boy-racer to the local authorities if you can at all help it.

If you happen to get one, please post your opinions on ownership as I reckon you will have the time of your life and will enjoy it more than the current E46 M3 even if it's better qualities don't become apparent from the off. I believe a car that takes time to find what's great about it, is a car that long term will be the better choice.

HKS786
September 15th, 2007, 18:00
The looks are very understated compared to the RS4, in fact more in keeping with Audi S models than previous M3, but again I reckon this is a good thing, why shout boy-racer to the local authorities if you can at all help it.

Yeah I agree. The only boy-racer thing about the M3 is the hood-bulge. No matter how much I try to like it, I just cant. I dont think the vents at the side of it help either. For me, it looks worse from the side-profile because you see the power-dome is much bigger that the last M3 and it draws too much attention. What I liked about the E46 was how subtle the power-dome was.

Also, I'm not too sure about the rear diffuser, it looks overly-fussy. The mirrors also dont do much for me when looking at the car from the front. They look like an after thought. No doubt though, the M3 will look a lot better in real life. I've just got a gut feeling the RS5 will look so much better. Oh yeah, and judging by the real-life shots of the new A4, I think the RS4 will look better than the E90 M3 !

Rutkowsky
September 16th, 2007, 22:18
Thanks mate for your respect of my own opinion on the M3. I haven't driven the car as yet and am basing my opinions on what I have read and reading between the lines, so to speak.

We are on agreement about the interior, but in a way what can BMW really do to make it different, the real problem is the building blocks they are starting with, the new 3 series and on a whole all current BMW with the exception of the new X5 aren't luxurious enough for the money they command. I suppose with the right choice of leather and tasteful silver or wood trims the car could be made to look nice but ever in the way the current new batch of Audis look. I reckon BMW put all their effort in to the driving experience and less so the actual pleasure of owning and living with the thing.

As for the actual driving experience, there is no doubt it will put a smile on your face, some of the reviews talk about the sound not being as good as the RS4 but from what I hear it sounds every bit as good. The looks are very understated compared to the RS4, in fact more in keeping with Audi S models than previous M3, but again I reckon this is a good thing, why shout boy-racer to the local authorities if you can at all help it.

If you happen to get one, please post your opinions on ownership as I reckon you will have the time of your life and will enjoy it more than the current E46 M3 even if it's better qualities don't become apparent from the off. I believe a car that takes time to find what's great about it, is a car that long term will be the better choice.

thanx, i am sure i'll get one, the M-DCT which is coming out in march 08 should be the one for me, also i hesitated to write about at first but put my thoughts down on my encounter with e60 M5 during test drive here http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=577249&an=0&page=0#577249 it is a nice forum M cars orientated, good info, it has got a troll of the highest order, named JohnTDI, very proud owner of b7 RS4 on M forum :vhmmm: ... so any comments a make in regards to RS, it is just to wind him up, no double standards here ;) Some of you guys should register there also, Leadie and few others i find very knowledgable, could be fun but then again, RussianM3 does the job for 10 M hardcore fans at any time so you guys have your share of fun here

Leadfoot
September 16th, 2007, 22:39
thanx, i am sure i'll get one, the M-DCT which is coming out in march 08 should be the one for me, also i hesitated to write about at first but put my thoughts down on my encounter with e60 M5 during test drive here http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=577249&an=0&page=0#577249 it is a nice forum M cars orientated, good info, it has got a troll of the highest order, named JohnTDI, very proud owner of b7 RS4 on M forum :vhmmm: ... so any comments a make in regards to RS, it is just to wind him up, no double standards here ;) Some of you guys should register there also, Leadie and few others i find very knowledgable, could be fun but then again, RussianM3 does the job for 10 M hardcore fans at any time so you guys have your share of fun here

Are you sure it isn't RussianM3_dude doing his thing only the other way round. ;)

As for the M5, I have sampled it but don't find the experience the thrill so many others have found it, it bloody fast but I got a feeling that the electronics are there not so much to save you but to rein in the excess of power from an overwhelmed chassis. An experience more in keeping with an AMG than an M cars. Plus points are in rides and steers well for what is a big heavy car and I love the styling but it doesn't feel as polished a performer as the M3 does. It's a car I reckon awd would do wonders for and no doubt with the way BMW make the X5's handle they could do an even better do with something that isn't trying to run around on stilettos.

Rutkowsky
September 16th, 2007, 22:50
Russian_M3 LOL You never know :hihi:

Rutkowsky
September 18th, 2007, 12:18
you guys couldn't help me out on bm3w.co.uk, could you? i just started a thread on X option (4WD) on M3, i got a lot of bo11ox for that http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=578262&an=0&page=0#578262 just joking anyway :hihi: just have a read what hardcore M guys think, Each to their own i guess

Rutkowsky
September 18th, 2007, 12:23
i feel like RussianM3_Dude out there now!

HKS786
September 18th, 2007, 14:01
Speaking of the new M3, I seen a melbourne red one today. It was bad weather but even still, the car didnt appeal too much to me. It's nothing to do with the colour, because I love some reds and I really like Melbourne. No, the middle section of th front bumper looked quite thin and not chunky enough. The power-dome still has a boy-racer look. Also, the rear-diffuser seems to fussy. All you really see is a fussy bumper with some mesh and quads...

I'm sure it'll look better in good weather (it was raining) and in a brighter colour, but even still, I just know the RS5 will look better!

Rutkowsky
September 18th, 2007, 15:15
i test drove black one, looks way better, also alpine white is not bad at all!! Not many cars can get away with looking good in white colour

Leadfoot
September 18th, 2007, 15:16
Rutkowsky,

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.:bigeyes:

I clicked on the link and the sites is undergoing maintenance, so clearly the amount of uproar you caused by suggesting the M3 be offered with X-drive was enough to crash the site.

Great work mate. :cheers:

HKS786
September 18th, 2007, 15:43
Rutkowsky,

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.:bigeyes:

I clicked on the link and the sites is undergoing maintenance, so clearly the amount of uproar you caused by suggesting the M3 be offered with X-drive was enough to crash the site.

Great work mate. :cheers:

:lovl: :lovl: :lovl:

Rutkowsky
September 18th, 2007, 16:10
i mean no harm :hihi:

Rutkowsky
September 18th, 2007, 16:25
and thanks, i also think i'll get a ban ;)