View Full Version : Engine of the year

Gabriel343
June 5th, 2003, 12:55
http://www.ukintpress.com/engineoftheyear/categories.html

BMW the best!!!!:D :bye:

Gabriel343
June 5th, 2003, 12:58
What is it that Evo Magazine say :

"The new M3 has such breadth of ability that it has finally ended the 911's class domination. The fantastic engine alone is worth the asking price. The fact that it comes with one of the most entertaining chassis in the business is a bonus"

:D :D :incar:

krabu
June 5th, 2003, 13:11
Ehhh...
Well, after all BMW only won Best 2-litre to 2.5-litre engine and Best 3-litre to 4-litre engine.
The price for the best performance engine went to (our joint enemy) :D Mercedes-Benz's AMG engines and the price International Engine of the Year 2003 went to Mazda - so it was'nt any landslide victory as you wanted it too look like. :D

One thing only - have you heard about non-international engines on production cars? :confused:

Gabriel343
June 5th, 2003, 13:49
" So here it is: BMW’s third International Engine of the Awards 2003 trophy, its 18th gong in the history of the Awards. The marque is officially the most successful in these automotive Awards and this engine is a major contributor to that trophy tally…

S54 in Munich-speak, or the straight-six, 24-valve charger under the bonnet of the M3 to the rest of the world, BMW’s 3.2-litre was International Engine of the Year in 2001, and winner of the 3-litre to 4-litre category in 2001 and 2002 – and now in 2003 too.

Polling almost double the points of its nearest rival in this category – the 3.6 flat six that forms the heart of Porsche’s 911 GT3 – it’s not hard to see why the panel of judges continues to sing its praises in 2003. "

:cheers:

krabu
June 5th, 2003, 13:53
I'm not trying to drag the M3-engine into the dirt. Fact is, I love the M3 - but I simply pointed out that they only got a part victory this year and that Mercedes-Benz took home the performance engine price in front of the M3-engine.

Gabriel343
June 5th, 2003, 13:58
Originally posted by krabu
I'm not trying to drag the M3-engine into the dirt. Fact is, I love the M3 - but I simply pointed out that they only got a part victory this year and that Mercedes-Benz took home the performance engine price in front of the M3-engine.
Yes, it's true. I'm waiting new M5 with V10:D

krabu
June 5th, 2003, 14:03
Originally posted by Gabriel343
Yes, it's true. I'm waiting new M5 with V10:D

And we're waiting on the new Audi RSR. :D :hihi:

(you got pm)

darkseid
June 5th, 2003, 14:33
Take a look at who won "above 4L", it's not a gasoline engine, like all the others in the category.

And who ended at nr. 2 in "Best Performance Engine", above M3 and Ferrari.

And again at nr. 2 in "International Engine of the Year 2003", again above the M3 engine.