PDA

View Full Version : Red RS6/Mugello Blue RS6 Sedan (Saloon)

avdh
November 19th, 2002, 11:39
Has anyone seen a red RS6? How does it looks? Is it a colour which is suited to this car? or does it looks cheap?

And Mugello Blue, is it in real life as stunning as on the RS6 catalogue?

Erik
November 19th, 2002, 11:56
Sure, there are pictures of red RS6s around in a few threads here.
Otherwise you can check www.germancarfans.com and their RS6 photo archive.

Have seen a red saloon in Audi Forum Picadilly Circus and should have about 30 undeveloped photos.
This would be the same car which was on display in NEC 2002 car exhibition.

It looks very nice, suitable for anyone who thinks the RS6 is too discrete because it stands out. Not sure if it's the same color as the red RS4 or just very similar?

Some body colors go very well with the Xenon light, creating some kind of special 'watch-out I'm more dangerous than I look' aurora around the car.

Also there is a swedish owner who is waiting for a red RS6 delivery around week 10 2003 (sorry thread is in Swedish as it's a scan from Audi Magazine Sweden).

This car will be very very special...just like his previous M5 and you will be able to read more about it here when the time comes. :flamed:

Have seen the mugello blue RS6 Avant around which was later stolen. Can post pictures later.

avdh
November 19th, 2002, 12:08
Thanks Erik, but I have seen pictures of both the Red and the Blue. What I am concerned about is how they look in real life. The Red does not look that great on pictures.

I am wondering if red (in real life) is a "stunning" colour for a car that size? and if colours such as Daytona Grey or Mugello Blue are not more suited for the RS6?

The Mugello blue on picture seems to be the better choice, but is it so in reality?

Erik
November 19th, 2002, 13:00
I used to have a blue metallic Volvo.

It only looked really nice when it was clean and the sun was out.
The blue metallics are usually too dark in my opinion.

TheBrit
November 19th, 2002, 17:09
Originally posted by avdh
I am wondering if red (in real life) is a "stunning" colour for a car that size? and if colours such as Daytona Grey or Mugello Blue are not more suited for the RS6?

The Mugello blue on picture seems to be the better choice, but is it so in reality?

I've seen the red sedan at the NEC, it's certainly eye-catching and the light grey leather interior suits it very well. I wouldn't consider one personally, but I'd say if you had other cars to use for business and your RS6 was going to be purely for enjoyment, then why not?

I'll tell you about Mugello Blue in about 2 to 3 weeks!

Erik
November 19th, 2002, 22:37
A red RS6 Saloon.

Erik
November 19th, 2002, 22:41
From Audi Magazine. Can't beleive they publish such a fuzzy pic as above... :error:

Erik
November 19th, 2002, 22:48
And the blue. Stunning picture, but as I mentioned it needs light to come out. :bigeyes:

Erik
November 19th, 2002, 22:51
Red Saloon about the same angle as the blue...

avdh
November 20th, 2002, 07:44
Erik,

My current S6 is Nemo Blue and looks great in the sun and even better in the shade.....

gnomik007
December 5th, 2002, 16:44
Very true:cheers: so does mine:D